THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > General Discussion > Poker Stories

Old Nov 20, 2011, 5:22pm   #1
Iestyn75
Professional

Iestyn75 will become famous soon enoughIestyn75 will become famous soon enough
Default categorically, the worst runner-runner bad beat I've been subjected too

I've not played much poker since Tilt stole all my money, but this is maybe why i shouldn't anyhow. 6 spots off the bubble, give or take.

PokerStars Game #70852735886: Tournament #471940094, $0.91+$0.09 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level XIII (175/350) - 2011/11/20 12:17:17 ET
Table '471940094 4' 9-max Seat #8 is the button
Seat 1: saekof1 (2019 in chips)
Seat 2: Iestyn75 (1674 in chips)
Seat 3: Admiral9243 (4230 in chips)
Seat 5: VMPCE (5279 in chips)
Seat 7: valderk (4298 in chips)
Seat 8: Oxyesik (1960 in chips)
Seat 9: Lotosblüte1 (1999 in chips)
saekof1: posts the ante 35
Iestyn75: posts the ante 35
Admiral9243: posts the ante 35
VMPCE: posts the ante 35
valderk: posts the ante 35
Oxyesik: posts the ante 35
Lotosblüte1: posts the ante 35
Lotosblüte1: posts small blind 175
saekof1: posts big blind 350
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Iestyn75 [Ah As]
ozostrike24 is connected
Iestyn75: raises 1289 to 1639 and is all-in
Admiral9243: folds
VMPCE: folds
valderk: calls 1639
Oxyesik: folds
Lotosblüte1: folds
saekof1: folds
Iestyn75 said, "hold"
*** FLOP *** [Qc Ad 3s]
*** TURN *** [Qc Ad 3s] [9s]
*** RIVER *** [Qc Ad 3s 9s] [9c]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Iestyn75: shows [Ah As] (a full house, Aces full of Nines)
valderk: shows [9h 9d] (four of a kind, Nines)
saekof1 said, "wow"
valderk collected 4048 from pot
Iestyn75 finished the tournament in 24th place
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 4048 | Rake 0
Board [Qc Ad 3s 9s 9c]
Seat 1: saekof1 (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 2: Iestyn75 showed [Ah As] and lost with a full house, Aces full of Nines
Seat 3: Admiral9243 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: VMPCE folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 7: valderk showed [9h 9d] and won (404 with four of a kind, Nines
Seat 8: Oxyesik (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 9: Lotosblüte1 (small blind) folded before Flop
Iestyn75 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Nov 20, 2011, 6:12pm   #2
Ozone
The One Who Knocks

Ozone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Ozone

Brutal, but it happens.

"How do I become more pro? I gotta learn math?" - fuedallord
Ozone est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2011, 8:58pm   #3
Red4Eva
Grinder

Red4Eva is a splendid one to beholdRed4Eva is a splendid one to beholdRed4Eva is a splendid one to beholdRed4Eva is a splendid one to beholdRed4Eva is a splendid one to beholdRed4Eva is a splendid one to behold

lol "hold"
Red4Eva est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2011, 10:56pm   #4
IronLen1972
Degenerate

IronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant future
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

runner runner perfect. extremely rare hand.
Old Nov 24, 2011, 4:23pm   #5
BeluA
yo dafty

BeluA has a reputation beyond reputeBeluA has a reputation beyond reputeBeluA has a reputation beyond reputeBeluA has a reputation beyond reputeBeluA has a reputation beyond reputeBeluA has a reputation beyond reputeBeluA has a reputation beyond reputeBeluA has a reputation beyond reputeBeluA has a reputation beyond reputeBeluA has a reputation beyond reputeBeluA has a reputation beyond repute

srsly?

you never lost with AA (to a PP) before?
BeluA est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2011, 12:58am   #6
Axis of Evil
fantasy champ

Axis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeluA View Post
srsly?

Look closer.
Axis of Evil est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2011, 2:20am   #7
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axis of Evil View Post
Quote:
srsly?

Look closer.
i think his point was that it's not really a runner runner beat when you're all in preflop.

and he's correct.

Kc
Old Nov 25, 2011, 3:04am   #8
Axis of Evil
fantasy champ

Axis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

Well call it what you will, but I think the OP is more disheartened by the odds of the 9's rolling off after flopping trips. Arguing semantics doesn't make it suck any less.
Axis of Evil est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2011, 12:47pm   #9
Iestyn75
Professional

Iestyn75 will become famous soon enoughIestyn75 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by killcrazy View Post
Quote:
Quote:
srsly?

Look closer.
i think his point was that it's not really a runner runner beat when you're all in preflop.

and he's correct.

Kc
Hmmmm...... of course.

The point at which I'm all-in has no bearing on the statistical likelyhood of one 9, let alone both of them coming out of the pack after the initial action. Nor does it have any bearing on the likelyhood of one of the two Aces landing on the flop in my favour.

This is a runner-runner beat, simply because in order to win the hand, villain needs not either/or turn/river to be good but both. Most ordinary runner-runner beats allow for multiple outs (any two of a suit, any two of however many cards for a straight).

It is the plain fact that, after the flop is dealt and contains an Ace, that villain not only needs turn and river to be good but both have to be specifically the two nines; this and this alone is what makes this hand notworthy.

But then, you all know that; I was just venting frustration.
Iestyn75 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2011, 1:37pm   #10
expopcorn
Professional

expopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iestyn75 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
srsly?

Look closer.

and he's correct.

Kc
Hmmmm...... of course.

The point at which I'm all-in has no bearing on the statistical likelyhood of one 9, let alone both of them coming out of the pack after the initial action. Nor does it have any bearing on the likelyhood of one of the two Aces landing on the flop in my favour.

This is a runner-runner beat, simply because in order to win the hand, villain needs not either/or turn/river to be good but both. Most ordinary runner-runner beats allow for multiple outs (any two of a suit, any two of however many cards for a straight).

It is the plain fact that, after the flop is dealt and contains an Ace, that villain not only needs turn and river to be good but both have to be specifically the two nines; this and this alone is what makes this hand notworthy.

But then, you all know that; I was just venting frustration.
And Belua/Kc's point is that at the point the decisions were made he only needed to have more 9's in the five cards than A's. The order those cards come in makes absolutely no difference.
Quote:
it's rather ironic that scenes like this are best accompanied by the eating of popcorn.
expopcorn est déconnecté   Reply With Quote