THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > General Discussion > Site Reviews

Old Apr 28, 2011, 12:20am   #11
Snaggle
Professional

Snaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to behold
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by staphros View Post
There is no skill requirement in buying a HUD.

Also the cost of a HUD is not high enough to bar (m)any real money player from purchasing.
True Staphros, but one does not need one at Bodog, cake rooms or merge rooms.

All of these medium size rooms can be played without tracking software.

Bodog-traditionally one could play only three tables there and now it's only still four. If one can't get live reads that are better than Hud reads four tabling it's doubtful that a Hud will help one.

Cake does not allow HUDs; but same as above.

Merge-allows Huds and their software is better than any other for multi tabling; but one needs special software to make tracking software work there. The big weakness is that one can't see what was shown down. They also got rid of one's internet connection strength bar which was very useful. Weak traffic at $100 and $200 NL and SHNL is the only game one can reliably play at any level.

Why do people keep typing "GG" when I go AI in the short stack with 72o?
Snaggle est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Apr 29, 2011, 4:47am   #12
Axis of Evil
fantasy champ

Axis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

Hey U.S. Americans, how are you funding your poker accounts? What seems to be the easiest method? I just loaded the Carbon software but there aren't many deposit options showing.
Axis of Evil est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2011, 6:56am   #13
Snaggle
Professional

Snaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to behold
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axis of Evil View Post
Hey U.S. Americans, how are you funding your poker accounts? What seems to be the easiest method? I just loaded the Carbon software but there aren't many deposit options showing.
I wish I knew AoE especially as balls hit my merge account. for those who don't know who Balls is see her here and I wish I could send her off handcuffed to a problem gambling clinic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnJibOiKDAU

Tommy reminds me of me.

Old Apr 29, 2011, 12:08pm   #14
Boilermaker
Get off my lawn

Boilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axis of Evil View Post
I'm trying a ishbu style zero to hero challenge for myself on carbon instead of depositing. It is actually fun even though I'm only playing for pennies at the moment.
Boilermaker est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2011, 4:43pm   #15
bluesjack9
Professional

bluesjack9 is a name known to allbluesjack9 is a name known to allbluesjack9 is a name known to allbluesjack9 is a name known to allbluesjack9 is a name known to allbluesjack9 is a name known to all

signed up at PokerHost on the Merge Network...deposited with credit card.

Not a lot of tables or players but the SnG's are soft. Haven't played cash games or tournies yet
bluesjack9 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 04, 2011, 6:57am   #16
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

SwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

HUDs detract from the game they're basically a form of semi-botting

I think HUDs either need to be included in the software or banned (ideally banned)

SwoopAE est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 04, 2011, 6:58am   #17
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

SwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggle View Post
I wish I knew AoE especially as balls hit my merge account. for those who don't know who Balls is see her here and I wish I could send her off handcuffed to a problem gambling clinic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnJibOiKDAU

Tommy reminds me of me.
Tommy is me from 2007 - grinding $3-5 rebuys on a 10k roll gogogo

SwoopAE est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 05, 2011, 3:10am   #18
Axis of Evil
fantasy champ

Axis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggle View Post
Is this supposed to mean you will take all of my money? I am doubting that. I guess I just don't have any credit cards that allow gaming deposits but I never needed them before. I tend to pay cash for most things.
Axis of Evil est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 05, 2011, 12:40pm   #19
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwoopAE View Post
HUDs detract from the game they're basically a form of semi-botting
no.

botting is automation without human decision making, huds display data.

data + decision = action.

furthermore, poker is about making money by any means necessary. if your motivation was anything other than the acquisition of wealth you would not be a professional poker player. don't complain about the purity of an impure game. you shouldn't really give much of a fuck about it.

Kc
Old May 08, 2011, 3:02pm   #20
Snaggle
Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by killcrazy View Post
no.

botting is automation without human decision making, huds display data.

data + decision = action.

furthermore, poker is about making money by any means necessary. if your motivation was anything other than the acquisition of wealth you would not be a professional poker player. don't complain about the purity of an impure game. you shouldn't really give much of a fuck about it.

Kc
Questionable. Huds can be based around data just in the session or on collected data gathered either by just recording multiple tables until one has a large data base or by buying from poker table ratings literally the data of every hand played at a level. Botting also involves data+decision=action, though the decisions take place outside of the game.

It all comes down to whether huds and table finding software are allowed at a sight. They're always unfair, except for simple session tracking hud use. Poker is as pure or corrupt as any human activity.