German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Sep 18, 2008, 8:45pm   #41
MostPreciousBlood
Try.Fail.Repeat.

MostPreciousBlood will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Beaks View Post
Care to elaborate?
While your initial statement was just overly hysteric, LMs one was basically complete nonsense.
MostPreciousBlood est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Sep 18, 2008, 10:04pm   #42
Mr Beaks
Don't got it going on

Mr Beaks is just really niceMr Beaks is just really niceMr Beaks is just really niceMr Beaks is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MostPreciousBlood View Post
While your initial statement was just overly hysteric, LMs one was basically complete nonsense.
Are you sure you know what hysteric means?

I was merely stating that I think current events will prove to be seen in hindsight as a watershed in world history. A tipping point if you like. You could accuse me of reading too much into things for sure, but it's certainly not hysterical.

Saying that everything's fucked and we're all going to be living in mud huts and eating our own legs to survive.....that would be hysterical.
Old Sep 18, 2008, 10:14pm   #43
MostPreciousBlood
Try.Fail.Repeat.

MostPreciousBlood will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Are you sure you know what hysteric means?
Well tbh I just stumpled across the word in the dictionary and thought it sounded quite cool.

Quote:
I was merely stating that I think current events will prove to be seen in hindsight as a watershed in world history. A tipping point if you like. You could accuse me of reading too much into things for sure, but it's certainly not hysterical.
You were talking about the decline of the USA as a superpower and the complete failure of the world economy or so IIRC and this is definitely crossing the line. But whatever, I already said in my first psot that you are obviously closer to the truth than LM so come on, stop splitting hairs. Since we're all doomed, it won't matter anyway.
MostPreciousBlood est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2008, 10:58pm   #44
Mr Beaks
Don't got it going on

Mr Beaks is just really niceMr Beaks is just really niceMr Beaks is just really niceMr Beaks is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MostPreciousBlood View Post
You were talking about the decline of the USA as a superpower and the complete failure of the world economy
I think this is going to happen. And what's more there are a lot of serious and respected experts who think similar things. Think about it - banking can't continue like this, and where exacty IS the USA going to get all this money from?

Anyway, like you said, who gives a toss. We're doomed I tell ya, DOOMED!!!!!
Old Sep 18, 2008, 11:24pm   #45
Lord Mushroom
The Dark Knight

Lord Mushroom is on a distinguished road

Quote:
There is a complete breakdown of confidence in the whole modern financial infrastructure and deepending mistrust in financial providers.
Nah, a lot of people took loans they couldn´t afford and a lot of banks provided these loans. Now they all pay the price. That´s it.

Quote:
Oh, and while you're at it, the Great Depression was specific to the US while this little baby is a global issue
The Great Depression was no less a worldwide event than the current situation.

Quote:
and has the potential to be way more serious.
Don´t make me laugh. The Great Depression was several years of sharp decline in GDP. Estimates of the decrease in the annual American GDP growth for the next years is by only 1 percentage-point.

Quote:
Experts from Asia, Europe and North America are starting to talk about the most serious global financial crisis for over a hundred years.
Media whores and hand-picked idiots who are willing to say what the media want them to say.
(00:42-03:27)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TibA0sQQZw8

The bot has spoken.
Lord Mushroom est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2008, 11:33pm   #46
TWLLM

TWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to behold

Sorry guys, it's my fault. I bought mutual funds a few months back. I should have known it would likely lead to the total collapse of the North American markets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleU
Oh, and obviously, TWLLM, we'd all rather you just ruled with an iron fist of nittiness and made all decisions without consultation, but that goes without saying, right?
TWLLM est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2008, 11:48pm   #47
Mr Beaks
Don't got it going on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Mushroom View Post
Nah, a lot of people took loans they couldn´t afford and a lot of banks provided these loans. Now they all pay the price. That´s it.

The Great Depression was no less a worldwide event than the current situation.

Don´t make me laugh. The Great Depression was several years of sharp decline in GDP. Estimates of the decrease in the annual American GDP growth for the next years is by only 1 percentage-point.

Media whores and hand-picked idiots who are willing to say what the media want them to say.
Nice arguments. So basically it's not a problem because you say it's not; everyone else is an idiot and way less smart than you; there's a media conspiracy to destroy the economy.

That's, er, that's great LM. Nice work.
Old Sep 18, 2008, 11:53pm   #48
Axis of Evil
fantasy champ

Axis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Mushroom View Post
You so don't know what the fuck you are talking about LM that it isn't funny anymore. Your simplistic views are devoid of facts, statistics and reality-based logic. Listen to what the economists are saying before you quote your dry theorems from your textbooks. This is not happening because "people took out loans they couldn't afford." Certainly there is a segment of the population that did, but it is not much bigger than that same segment ever has been. Damn do the kids think they have it all figured out. It must be having no bills/living in momma's basement fever?

On a brighter note:

The U.S. government just bought the economy! They are printing money as we speak. They jumped into the middle of a massive world economic crisis/catastrophy in an attempt to stop it from happening, and double-bubble-wang-dang is this gonna get expensive.
Axis of Evil est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2008, 12:53am   #49
Badsastard
Sick, Sober and Sorry

Badsastard will become famous soon enoughBadsastard will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Badsastard

If the National Banks of all countries printed more money off everybody would have more, depression avoided, job done!

Quote:
We're doomed I tell ya, DOOMED!
Badsastard est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2008, 1:30am   #50
Lord Mushroom
The Dark Knight

Lord Mushroom is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Nice arguments. So basically it's not a problem because you say it's not; everyone else is an idiot and way less smart than you;
While all that is true, I seem to recall also mentioning estimates from economists showing how little impact this "crisis" will have on the American economy.

Quote:
there's a media conspiracy to destroy the economy.
No, the media wants viewers, and you don´t get as many viewers from saying "although this looks dramatic, it will have a relatively small impact on the economy" as you do from saying "this is the end of money itself, tomorrow every first born child will die, the Earth will lose its magnetic field and the sun will eat us".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axis of Evil View Post
You so don't know what the fuck you are talking about LM that it isn't funny anymore. Your simplistic views are devoid of facts, statistics and reality-based logic.
Then I suggest you enlighten me.
(00:42-03:27)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TibA0sQQZw8

The bot has spoken.
Lord Mushroom est déconnecté   Reply With Quote