THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Mar 26, 2010, 2:02pm   #51
bluesjack9
Professional

bluesjack9 is a name known to allbluesjack9 is a name known to allbluesjack9 is a name known to allbluesjack9 is a name known to allbluesjack9 is a name known to allbluesjack9 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by killcrazy View Post
no.

i don't think i'd make much of a parent. there's a line in thus spake zarathustra; they do not understand me, i am not the mouth for these ears. that's how i feel with most adults, i can't imagine trying to talk to children.
Ahhh KC, my friend, please don't underestimate yourself. All of us who wound up as Parents felt that way at some point before hand.
As for talking to a child who is YOUR child? Don't worry just talk to him/her as an adult, you'll be amazed at how quickly they learn.
I'll also be willing to bet that your child will regularly beat your ass at chess by age 5
bluesjack9 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Mar 26, 2010, 3:21pm   #52
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

can we ban snaggle from my thread please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by glockers View Post
Matthew if I remember right is written in Greek but according to the professor I was in the class of the Greek suggests Aramaic roots because of the phrasing and stuff. It was rather technical and not an area of my real interest so I don't remember the details.
aramaic roots doesn't mean it was written in aramaic. he may simply have had an aramaic source. all of the gospels have something interesting like this, matthew has some aramaic language choices, mark has some latinised vocab going on. some people think mark was written in rome because of this, others think it was written in galilee for other reasons.

when you study something like this in school, you're at the mercy of your own professor's interpretation. de omnibus dubitandum, innit.

Quote:
Also the topics in Matthew and how the author addresses theological points suggests it is written to link Jesus to the old testament and prove his credentials to Jewish people. It also suggests the writer is Jewish or has a pretty damn good understanding of Jewish tradition and history.
yeah, i got the impression from matthew that he was writing for jews, and is trying to prove (perhaps too strong a word, persuade is maybe more accurate) that jesus was the messiah. something i find very interesting is the stuff in mark that was left out of luke and matthew. there's a line somewhere where jesus says something like "it's not what goes into the mouth that defiles a man but what comes out of it", that's matthew's version, which is taken from mark but with the final clause missing; "with this jesus declared all foods clean".

taken on its own, matthew's version can be interpreted as "you should worry less about dietary laws, and more about speaking kindly and honestly". mark on the other hand is saying you don't need to keep kosher any more, and in that context, matthew is perhaps saying that you do.

of course, none of us are really doing anything other than repeating other peoples ideas, none of us speak greek, we haven't actually read the primary sources

Kc
Old Mar 26, 2010, 3:30pm   #53
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glockers View Post
Ok here is a few questions:

Do you find overcoming an intellectual challenge more satisfying then a really good fuck or vice versa?
the satisfaction of an intellectual challenge lasts much longer.

Quote:
Did you cringe when you first watched braveheart?
it's hard not to cringe at mel gibson.

Quote:
Latte or cappucino?
i think we covered this

Quote:
is Billy Connolly a nobody in his home country?
no, he is almost universally loved. if we got rid of the queen, we'd put the big yin on our money.

Kc
Old Mar 26, 2010, 3:55pm   #54
killcrazy
Apex Predator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggnh View Post
Are you a rhombus?
the angles in a rhombus are hardly distinctive, i am an irregular quadrilateral with 4 unique angles, no two of which add up to 180 degrees.

what am i?

Quote:
What games (poker) are you currently playing?
the odd tournament, but mostly 10-20 and 15-30 limit

Quote:
Do you find any level of poker interesting or is there a line in which you will not cross because there can be no enjoyment found?
smaller than 10-20 i get bored, unless i'm getting prop rakeback when i can put up with 5-10. with friends i'll play as high or as low as they want to play.

Quote:
What is the lowest level one can make a tidy profit from?
$50kpa is $25/hour for 2000 hours/year. now that folk are all about the 8 tabling, you need to make like $3/tablehour to earn $50kpa. you can do that at $1/2 limit.

Quote:
What do you consider a tidy profit?
i tend not to think in such terms. it leads to results oriented decision making.

Quote:
Are you tidy?
no.

Quote:
Do you prefer challenge over money when playing poker?
right now, it's basically money. i used to be into pushing myself to move up and conquer the game, but now it's like, what the point?

having said that, i don't actually care about money, i just know that other people like it and that a big fat guy with a penciled-on beard with hurt me if i try to leave the supermarket without giving them some of it.

Quote:
If Johnny has 5 apples and amanda has 3 oranges and the wind is blowig in one direction at 30 km/h, what side of the roof does a roosters egg that was in a plane crash help bury the survivors?
no

Quote:
Why do you randomly pretend to be a woman?
when did i do that? i probably have but i don't remember off the top of my head.

Quote:
Is it just to project a sense of mystic or unknown about you in teh webz?
no i was probably taking the piss.

Quote:
Over the years here with varying people numerous times people have said " I thought Kc was a female"
in fairness, a lot of people are so stupid they shouldn't be allowed to dress themselves in case they catch fire.

Kc
Old Mar 26, 2010, 4:04pm   #55
killcrazy
Apex Predator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer2k6 View Post
1) You mean you didn't like Season 5 of B5 becasue it was a bunch of "Ok you set the universe on fire please clean up after yourself"? Or becausue of characters leaving? Or was it Sheridan's pure unadulterated Beard??
it wasn't bad, compared to pretty much anything else on tv, it just wasn't anywhere near as good as the previous four seasons. the evolution of the characters stalled and fell out of the sky like a brick tied to an anvil tied to an elephant. all that shit with the whiney telepaths bored me.

plus, no ivanova.

Quote:
2) Which variant of poker do you find most fun?
roll your own stud/8.

Quote:
3) What variant have you had the most success with?
obviously, limit hold'em

Quote:
4) What do you think of the recent Stoxpoker Scandals and it's subsequent demise? Assuming you even bothered with it.
what scandals? their having a coach who was a lifetime loser? or did something else happen?

corruption is everywhere.

Quote:
5) Do you think a lot of players these days try to "play a certain way" or "Achieve certain stats" rather than focusing on what the correct move is?
yes.

Quote:
6) Opinion on PTR?
poker table ratings? it's somewhat useful, i look opponents up, but its wildly inaccurate.

Quote:
7) Hadrian's Wall?? Good idea?
a compliment from our perspective.

Kc
Old Mar 26, 2010, 4:10pm   #56
killcrazy
Apex Predator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjack9 View Post
I'll also be willing to bet that your child will regularly beat your ass at chess by age 5
booked. if i lose i'll pay you out of the prize money he gets for winning the world U8 championship.

Kc
Old Mar 26, 2010, 4:11pm   #57
Boomer2k6
TWLLM'ing My Showdowns

Boomer2k6 has a spectacular aura aboutBoomer2k6 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Boomer2k6 Send a message via MSN to Boomer2k6 Send a message via Skype™ to Boomer2k6

Quote:
Originally Posted by killcrazy View Post

what scandals? their having a coach who was a lifetime loser? or did something else happen?

corruption is everywhere.
ty for response, I'm a B5 fan too and loved Seasons 1-4.

Bascailly there was the Jason Ho thing where someone claimed to have $1m in winnings and to have "solved CAP PLO" and hadn't done anything of the sort, if fact would struggle to beat 200NL, and took a few stox members for a lot of money

But more recently it turns out that Stoxtrader had multiple accounts on multiple sites and is also alleged although not proven to have colluded and was forced to resign from stoxpoker. Based on this, Cardrunners (not exactly squeaky clean themselves) decided to kill Stoxpoker deaming it's reputation irretrevable and just take on the coaches they thought were worth it (probably < 5).

ty for replies though, interesting well so far.

Limit Holdem: Because All 4 Streets Matter!!

You've Nowhere to Hide
Nowhere to Run
You're Rage, It'll
BURN Like the Heart of the Sun!!
With Infinite Glee
It's Going to be Me
That Minbets The World!!!

Boomer2k6 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2010, 4:42pm   #58
ggnh
Disco

ggnh is a name known to allggnh is a name known to allggnh is a name known to allggnh is a name known to allggnh is a name known to allggnh is a name known to all

Do you think rhombus is more fun to say than Trapezoid?

Is trapezium better than trapezoid ?

What does/could make playing poker for a living so undesirable? Monotony?

You once said something along the lines of usually about the time a player is good enough to play poker for a living, it is about the time he realizes he doesn't want to. ( parrot phrasing from my head so that could be very wrongly re-written )
<Ozone> I dunno... fuckin' poker
<Kc>this one is much closer to good advice but still introduces some unnecessary shortcuts across the grass for us to cover our boots in dog shit.
ggnh est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2010, 5:10pm   #59
killcrazy
Apex Predator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer2k6 View Post
ty for response, I'm a B5 fan too and loved Seasons 1-4.
20pts for every B5 quote you spot from me in the forums. there was a good one in the wolf thread, if you want to read 94 pages to find it ;)

Quote:
But more recently it turns out that Stoxtrader had multiple accounts on multiple sites and is also alleged although not proven to have colluded and was forced to resign from stoxpoker. Based on this, Cardrunners (not exactly squeaky clean themselves) decided to kill Stoxpoker deaming it's reputation irretrevable and just take on the coaches they thought were worth it (probably < 5).
fair enough. i'll read up on that. young guys with money do dumb things, and there are always allegations of collusion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggnh
Do you think rhombus is more fun to say than Trapezoid?
this is another tits or ass question.

Quote:
Is trapezium better than trapezoid ?
obviously, american shapes suck.

Quote:
What does/could make playing poker for a living so undesirable? Monotony?
unreliability of income can be stressful. it also fucks with your social life.

Quote:
You once said something along the lines of usually about the time a player is good enough to play poker for a living, it is about the time he realizes he doesn't want to. ( parrot phrasing from my head so that could be very wrongly re-written )
sounds like a me thought.

truth is most professionals didn't ever intend to be professionals, they became them by accident because they were too lazy to get a job.

Kc
Old Mar 26, 2010, 9:33pm   #60
Snaggle
Professional

Snaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to behold
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kc
can we ban snaggle from my thread please?
Only if you stop talking at all about historical subjects, as your historical knowledge is on a level as my knowledge of astrophysics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kc
Quote:
Originally Posted by glockers
Matthew if I remember right is written in Greek but according to the professor I was in the class of the Greek suggests Aramaic roots because of the phrasing and stuff. It was rather technical and not an area of my real interest so I don't remember the details.
aramaic roots doesn't mean it was written in aramaic. he may simply have had an aramaic source. all of the gospels have something interesting like this, matthew has some aramaic language choices, mark has some latinised vocab going on. some people think mark was written in rome because of this, others think it was written in galilee for other reasons.
Mark is thought mainly to have been written in Rome because Papias says it was and that Mark was the secretary of Peter, The little Latin that’s in Mark is Latin that was common to the whole Roman empire. It’s doubtful that anyone from the 20th century on thought it Latin phrases meant that it was written in Rome. No one thinks that Mark was written in Galilee, the rival theory is that it was written in Antioch. Antioch is also the normal location for the writing of Matthew. It’s not really possible to tell whether the “Aramaic” in it is really Aramaic, Hebrew or Syriac (the later two being essentially dialects of Aramaic).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kc
Quote:
Also the topics in Matthew and how the author addresses theological points suggests it is written to link Jesus to the old testament and prove his credentials to Jewish people. It also suggests the writer is Jewish or has a pretty damn good understanding of Jewish tradition and history.
yeah, i got the impression from matthew that he was writing for jews, and is trying to prove (perhaps too strong a word, persuade is maybe more accurate) that jesus was the messiah. something i find very interesting is the stuff in mark that was left out of luke and matthew. there's a line somewhere where jesus says something like "it's not what goes into the mouth that defiles a man but what comes out of it", that's matthew's version, which is taken from mark but with the final clause missing; "with this jesus declared all foods clean".

taken on its own, matthew's version can be interpreted as "you should worry less about dietary laws, and more about speaking kindly and honestly". mark on the other hand is saying you don't need to keep kosher any more, and in that context, matthew is perhaps saying that you do..
It’s extremely obvious that Matthew was written only for a Christian audience, any Jew whether Sadducee, Essene or Pharisee would have both LOL at it’s scriptural ignorance, misquotes, creating messianic prophecies and been offended by it’s rabid antisemitism. This is also a good example of what happens when people pull things out of their historical context and try to force them into their apologetic molds.

Paul is where all historical study of the gospels should start. He shows himself to be in opposition to the real Apostles and killcrazies both them and Judaism in general. All of the apostles were Torah keeping Jews, Paul was antinomian and this is one of the things that made the apostles hate him and him them. When we read the new testament, which has an antinomian Jesus running around Palestine, breaking the law while simultaneously being popular we know that we’re dealing with gospels written by and for the Greek followers of Paul. The Jesus of the gospels is really Paul. Luke is dumb enough to show this antinomian Jesus in his gospel; but then to show a Torah keeping Peter in his acts of the apostles who needs a “tablecloth” vision making all foods clean long after the death of Jesus.

It’s mainly that there were real Jewish followers of Jesus and the apostles that persuaded me that Jesus was a real person rather than a completely mythological one. It is the conflict between apostolic Jews and Paul’s Greek Christians that the first two centuries of Christian history were really about; though with the second also seeing the birth and conflict of Catholics with more traditional Gnostics. One can’t even understand Paul without looking for the apostolic Christians. To them Jesus was a man born in the normal way. He was the second Moses promised by the latter rather than God. He did not put away the mosaic covenant (which is according to Deuteronomy an “eternal covenant”). Jesus was the perfect son of God, who was the first human to keep perfectly the Torah and be both perfectly pious towards God and righteous to man, with his sacrifice on the cross done to end blood sacrifice rather than to end an eternal covenant. They were vegetarians who practiced it for greater purity rather than to be free from the law. They taught that both Jesus and John the baptist were vegetarians, something that James the just was too and Paul mocks this vegetarianism stating that it’s only for those “weak in faith”.

Why do people keep typing "GG" when I go AI in the short stack with 72o?
Snaggle est déconnecté   Reply With Quote