THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Sep 10, 2003, 4:15pm   #1
Barry_G
Fish

Barry_G
Default PokerStars

I ltried this site recently and liked it alot. They have .01/.02 nl holdem up to 100/200. Lots of sit and go tournaments from $5 to $200. You can also play heads up for $5 up to $1000. Lots of multi-table tournaments $1 to $200. $1 and $5 draw 800 to 1000 people The $200 still get a good amount of play 100 to 300 players (can't afford those). Has anyone else tried? You can download own picture/graphics for player takes about 24hrs. Server is fast i've had no connection problems.Customer service has been fast and friendly.
Barry_G est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Sep 20, 2003, 2:26pm   #2
Anonymous
Doyle Look-alike

Anonymous is an unknown quantity at this point
Default At this time I dont recommend PokerStars.. Read below ..

Hi all,
First, I want to agree with the above poster and state that I have been playing PokerStars for a couple weeks and like the site very well.

BUT,

Here is the BIG problem with their site. And this problem is MAJOR. I did not notice the problem until I was doing cashouts of profit on this site. The problem is that with their email which tells you your transaction was processed it included your FULL name and your FULL address. Now if your not going WOW by now you need to stop and think about this. They just transmitted your personal information across the INTERNET in a TEXT format which is NOT SECURE!! Anyone, from script kiddies to hackers can look at this information as it transfers from router to router in TEXT form as it gets delivered to your ISP provider and then to your mailbox. Want ID thief?? Here it is.... Handed to you by PokerStars.com... I have asked them to correct this a number of times and they have yet to correct it so now is the time to let the public know.. Which includes hackers.. Until they correct this I would steer clear of PokerStars.com... I am..

If you play there please please contact them letting them know your concerns...

Here is some of the items they state at their site which is bogus in my eyes because of the above problem:

"When the stakes are high, it pays to go to great lengths to ensure that software is implemented with proper considerations for security and safety". - Matt Schmid, Reliable Software Technologies "

WRONG....

"How can you ensure the integrity of your games?

PokerStars makes the security of our games a top priority. We use state-of-the-art technology to ensure the integrity of our games is never compromised. Please visit our Integrity page for full details, ..... "

BUT THEY MUST FEEL YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IS NOT PART OF THE INTEGRITY OF THE GAME......

"Why should I play on PokerStars?

PokerStars is proud of everything we've done to make your poker-playing experience as safe and enjoyable as possible. That means assembling the best team possible in every department, whether it's software and development, customer service, or integrity assurance. "

AGAIN I HAVE CONTECTED THEM AND THEY ARE SETTTING ON THIS, SO THEY MUST NOT BE TO PROUD ABOUT SAFETY AND INTEGRITY!!!

I Will update this post IF they ever realize this problem is a major concern and fix it.

K
Anonymous est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2003, 6:54pm   #3
whalemangler
Doyle Look-alike

whalemangler

Great site, never had a problem. Cashed out in less than 12 hrs.
whalemangler est déconnecté   Reply With Quote