THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Jul 13, 2004, 3:05am   #11
TwoGun
Administrator

TwoGun has disabled reputation

I've never played there. From what I can tell, it's reputable..but there's nothing special about it. Just kind of a smaller site that's been around for awhile.

Don't just play there for the bonus. They make you leave your money in your account for 30 days if you want to cashout the bonus to prevent ppl from just taking the bonus and leaving. (at least the last time I checked).
TwoGun est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Jul 13, 2004, 6:26am   #12
BadBeatBasti
BadBeatMod

BadBeatBasti is just really niceBadBeatBasti is just really niceBadBeatBasti is just really niceBadBeatBasti is just really nice

I think I will give it a try and see how the competition is! I like to try new sites, but I mostly stick with the once I am used too!

About the bonuses at Absolute:

> 35% bonus on the first deposit
> The maximum bonus is $210.
> The bonus will be added to a pending bonus account.

Requirements:
> You have to collect points to get the pending bonus money.
> At 100 points they will move $10 from your pending bonus account to your cash account.
> For each raked hand (minimum rake of $0.25) you play you will receive 1 point.
> You will receive 1 point for each $1 of tournament buyin fee.
> You will continue to earn points until you have received 100% of your bonus money.
BadBeatBasti est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2004, 6:01pm   #13
TwoGun
Administrator

OK. It seems that they got rid of that 30 day period thing for all bonuses rewarded after June 14.
Old Jul 13, 2004, 7:56pm   #14
TPC
Flop Artist

TPC
Default absolutepoker

yeah, i noticed that and I deposited to try it out (and for the nice bonus too). So far it's o.k. there are plenty on holdem games, but I have been playing omaha h/l almost exclusively for the past several months, and there is almost no one playing omaha h/l at absolutepoker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoGun
OK. It seems that they got rid of that 30 day period thing for all bonuses rewarded after June 14.
TPC est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2004, 10:52pm   #15
Smack
Brunson

Smack

Does it not seem that you have to play an insance amount of hands to get your bonus? And do you have to do so within 30 days?

I am interested to see what peoples comments are cause I would like to try it out if the bonus is that good. I figure you can run through 100 raked hands in a little over an hour so that makes for $10 an hour of your bonus being released.

Please keep us all posted.
Old Aug 07, 2004, 6:38pm   #16
tommyk
River Rat

tommyk
Default Absolute Poker

I've heard of it and have received emails from them for over a year!! The problem is "No Players"!! You can check back there 10 times a day and never find 25 people playing. Usually not even 10.

They are either well financed or it doesn't cost much to have a poker site just sit there.

BUT, it has some very nice software. AND, evidently, they are not giving up!!!
tommyk est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 07, 2004, 7:08pm   #17
TwoGun
Administrator

Hmmm, I have to disagree. They have much more than 10 players...more like 10 games going. Again, not much, but you should be able to find a game, unless you are looking for a mid-higher stakes game. Almost all the games there are hold'em-, there's absolutely no reason to play at absolute if you want to play omaha/7 stud.

I'm also not a fan of their software. But, everyon has different opinions on software. I can see why some people would like; I just happen to dislike it.

And I haven't seen anything about 30 days anymore so I don't think that's a factor.
Old Aug 07, 2004, 9:26pm   #18
TPC
Flop Artist

TPC
Default Re: Absolute Poker

I have never seen only 10-25 people playing.... The minimum I have seen is maybe 80 people at the real money tables (mostly all at Hold em)... I play mostly Omaha there so sometimes it's difficult to find a table (not too many omaha players there)... Anyways, I am still playing to cash out on my 35% bonus .. I'll let you guys know when I cash out ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyk
I've heard of it and have received emails from them for over a year!! The problem is "No Players"!! You can check back there 10 times a day and never find 25 people playing. Usually not even 10.

They are either well financed or it doesn't cost much to have a poker site just sit there.

BUT, it has some very nice software. AND, evidently, they are not giving up!!!
TPC est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2004, 1:44pm   #19
SUPERBRAIN
Flop Artist

SUPERBRAIN

i deposited $600 on 08/08/04 by visa
my balance today 13/08 is $874.18
playing mostly at 1/2, and some .5/1 1v1
haven't cashed out yet, still got $150 in pending bonus a/c
will post again when i successfully finish the bonus requirement and cashout there
SUPERBRAIN est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 04, 2004, 11:41pm   #20
SUPERBRAIN
Flop Artist

SUPERBRAIN

just an update
i finished there at about 1150 playing 1/2
good thing is there are many fishes!
fast cashout
nice exp for me
SUPERBRAIN est déconnecté   Reply With Quote