THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > General Discussion > Poker Stories

Old Nov 10, 2003, 7:40am   #1
Ozone
The One Who Knocks

Ozone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Ozone
Default Why I Retired From Online Poker

Nothing to see here, assholes.

"How do I become more pro? I gotta learn math?" - fuedallord
Ozone est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Nov 10, 2003, 2:07pm   #2
whalemangler
Doyle Look-alike

whalemangler

I think that is a good decision. If you let it get to you so much it can really affect your life. Take the money and run. I play live games with my friends and that is what it is really all about.
whalemangler est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2003, 7:15pm   #3
MRVEGAS
Dude

MRVEGAS is a name known to allMRVEGAS is a name known to allMRVEGAS is a name known to allMRVEGAS is a name known to allMRVEGAS is a name known to allMRVEGAS is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to MRVEGAS
Default Get back in the game ozone!

good story point well made.

but i disagree with you its sounds like you might have a knack for the game so why quit? if you good at something whether it be skydiving, golf poker, playing guitar whatever dont quit it try and get better at it!! personally poker has helped my patience helped when training a puppy also my "road rage" poker is really more than a game
so dont quit keep adding to yourself your whole life and be a well rounded individual with many great stories ahead of some kick-ass beats performed on others in a live big time tourny and buying a airplane!!!!!

gotta dream baby!!!!!

MRV.
MRVEGAS est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2003, 7:36pm   #4
moongod
Brunson

moongod is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to moongod Send a message via Yahoo to moongod

sounds to me like tilt, mostly because you kept money in the account. just my opinion.
The 3rd have to pee on the electric fence for themselves
moongod est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2003, 11:38pm   #5
Smack
Brunson

Smack

Ozone: great story and good winnings but what does God have to do with it?

Doesn't God (a Chrisitan one atleast) frown upon gambling? So on that basis why would God want to help you win?

Regardless, it does show discipline to cash out with your massive profit but I don't know why you would give up entirely. If you do well at poker, and it seems like you did well, why not stick around and keep playing a bit. I am not saying try and double your $1000 in a month, but keep playing for some spending cash. Maybe it was your faith in God that won you the money and told you to back out, if so I am losin all my money
Old Nov 11, 2003, 5:52am   #6
Ozone
The One Who Knocks

Ozone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Ozone

God has nothing to do with it...he was merely a sensational addition to the story.

The bottom line is, I've taken what I wanted from online poker, and taking anything more does not outweigh the consequences. I'm just a kid...I've got my whole life in front of me to try to build a huge poker bankroll...there's more to life than cards.

-Ozone

"How do I become more pro? I gotta learn math?" - fuedallord
Ozone est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2003, 4:25am   #7
KiD[ReD]
Flop Artist

KiD[ReD]

Nice story Ozone,

However I'm surprised that you quit. If you have a knack for the game, which you definitely seem to, really - why quit when you can get some extra cash in your pocket?

If you feel like you are spending too much time playing poker, then just limit yourself to a few hours a week - surely this isn't time that could be greatly used elsewhere. If you are playing at night, what else would you be doing with your time - watching TV? Might as well make some money instead of watching another re-run of MASH (tough call though hehe).
KiD[ReD] est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2009, 11:59pm   #8
Hustlr
║▌║█║▌║▌││║▌║

Hustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via ICQ to Hustlr Send a message via AIM to Hustlr

I guess it's a good thing you gave it another shot.
Hustlr est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 01, 2009, 1:34am   #9
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

SwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quitting online poker for Ozone - bad idea

Quitting non poker related betting for Ozone - good idea.

Stick to the internet pokers imo

SwoopAE est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 01, 2009, 9:20am   #10
Maddox_23
Grinder

Maddox_23 is a splendid one to beholdMaddox_23 is a splendid one to beholdMaddox_23 is a splendid one to beholdMaddox_23 is a splendid one to beholdMaddox_23 is a splendid one to beholdMaddox_23 is a splendid one to behold

lol it took me a while to check the date of OP...i was shocked till now
Maddox_23 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote