THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > General Discussion > Poker Stories

Old Nov 13, 2003, 7:25pm   #1
Mr_B1ing
Flop Artist

Mr_B1ing
Default Why I retired from Party Poker

This site is so fuckin rigged its amazing... I know ive posted this before, but this is the last straw.... Its shit like this that I see every single time I play NL holdem at PP...

I hold KQ and the flop comes 5, 9, 7 rainbow.. it gets checked all the way around.. the turn is a K and the jackass in seat 1 bets 25 bucks into a 4 dollar pot.. I sit there for a long while and wonder what the hell this guy has.. 2pr? no he wouldnt want to scare everyone off.. set of Kings? no same thing he wouldnt want to scare everyone off. My only conclusion is that he is a freaking idiot who is trying to buy the 4 bucks in the middle so I call his obvious bluff.. well guess what! he had a 9 and the river was a 9 so even though I made a great read and a gutsy call I still get fucked by the river... This damn site makes me sick. Why would this guy check when he has the top pair and then put all his money on the line when a card that can beat him hits? The answer is this site is rigged... Disagree with me if you want, but ive seen this kind of shit EVERY SINGLE TIME I play NL holdem. Not just once or twice, but EVERY SINGLE TIME!!(except of course in the few months after i signed up when I was the one getting all the lucky rivers when i would make bad calls) now tell me that is just a bad beat and it happens to everyone! I say BS!

I am moving on to Ultimate bet.. I wanted to try it sooner, but they didnt take e-checks like my party poker account does so I have been procrastinating.. This however seals the deal I'm cashing out the little I have left in PP and I will never play there again.

***** Hand History for Game 238627777 *****
0/0 TexasHTGameTable (NL) - Tue Nov 11 16:47:17 EST 2003
Table On The House (Real Money) -- Seat 10 is the button
Total number of players : 9
Seat 1: uncis4me ( $85.30)
Seat 2: automaticbaz ( $60.05)
Seat 3: Mr_B1ing ( $26.90)
Seat 4: ISLES_R_BACK ( $50)
Seat 5: Parker2005 ( $47)
Seat 6: jerbula ( $77.65)
Seat 7: Checkrazrr ( $0)
Seat 8: GusBuster ( $47.50)
Seat 10: James35 ( $57.85)
uncis4me posts small blind (0.50)
automaticbaz posts big blind (1)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Mr_B1ing [ Qc, Kh ]
Mr_B1ing calls (1)
Parker2005 calls (1)
jerbula folds.
GusBuster folds.
James35 calls (1)
uncis4me calls (0.50)
automaticbaz checks.
** Dealing Flop ** : [ 5h, 9d, 7c ]
uncis4me checks.
automaticbaz checks.
Mr_B1ing checks.
Parker2005 checks.
James35 checks.
** Dealing Turn ** : [ Kd ]
uncis4me bets (25)
automaticbaz folds.
Mr_B1ing raises (25.90) to 25.90
Mr_B1ing calls all-In.
Parker2005 folds.
James35 folds.
uncis4me calls (0.90)
** Dealing River ** : [ 9h ]
Creating Main Pot with $54 with Mr_B1ing
** Summary **
Main Pot: $54 | | Rake: $2.80
Board: [ 5h 9d 7c Kd 9h ]
uncis4me balance $112.40, bet $26.90, collected $54, net +$27.10 [ 9s Td ] [ three of a kind, nines -- Kd,Td,9s,9d,9h ]
automaticbaz balance $59.05, lost $1 (folded)
Mr_B1ing balance $0, lost $26.90 [ Qc Kh ] [ two pairs, kings and nines -- Kh,Kd,Qc,9d,9h ]
ISLES_R_BACK balance $50, sits out
Parker2005 balance $46, lost $1 (folded)
jerbula balance $77.65, didn't bet (folded)
Checkrazrr balance $50, sits out
GusBuster balance $47.50, didn't bet (folded)
James35 balance $56.85, lost $1 (folded)

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Nov 13, 2003, 8:54pm   #2
Smack
Brunson

Smack

That is a harsh loss.

That is worse than the hand I had playing with some friends on Tuesday. I have pocket KK, and A K A comes up. Someone has an Ace and the turn and river are J J. what a joke. Lost a lot of my stack on that hand.

But I digress. It sounds like a lot of people complain about Party Poker and the ammount of striaghts and other crap hands that seem to pop up on it. I have played for Playmoney on that site and noticed the same. But, even if this is the case who does it benifit. As in what benifit to Party Poker does it serve to do this to the players?

I have never played for real money there so I can't say, but it does seem like a lot of people are not happy with them.
Old Dec 17, 2003, 6:45am   #3
damageinc55
Flop Artist

damageinc55
Send a message via AIM to damageinc55 Send a message via Yahoo to damageinc55

I think it would be stupid for any online poker room to rig the game. They want lots of players to play lots of hands. Thats when they make money. If they are out to steal your bankroll, you will loose that hand, but in the long run, you wont be contributing to the rake. Doesnt seem to be a good business plan to me, thats all.
One thing I have noticed since I started playing is that people that limp in till the river ALWAYS get lucky. In the long run, they loose though.
Anyways, whatever, my $.02
damageinc55 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2003, 7:25pm   #4
Anonymous
Doyle Look-alike

Anonymous is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PARTY POKER IS RIGGED

I fully agree with Mr_B1ing. PARTY POKER rigs the hands big time. They give newcomers high hopes and then sustain them. I play in NL $50 tournaments and I am convinced they are rigged to sustain the weaker players.

In tournaments, they want more players entering tournaments. More the number of players, more the money they make. Number of hands doesn't matter. They do not want anybody to go bankrupt since they would not return to the site. Often it is the guys who cashed out lately or the ones that have built a big bank roll who pay for it.

I cashed out $500 a couple of days ago, and I have lost $660 since. Of the 12 tournaments I lost, in 10 of them I had made the right guess and put the money in with a stronger hand and was outdrawn in every one of those occasions. I want to move to different site. I don't know how good they will be.
Anonymous est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2003, 7:31pm   #5
damageinc55
Flop Artist

damageinc55
Send a message via AIM to damageinc55 Send a message via Yahoo to damageinc55

Do you guys ever play home games? This sort of thing happens all the time! Its amazing how much the game goes against strategy and odds. I play poker every week with a group of guys. We all know strategy and have learned alot since playing. We had a newcomer enter the tournament, didnt know how to play t-holdem. I gave him the basics in about 5 minutes, and he won it all. It doesnt mean the game was rigged, it means he got lucky and I got cold cards.
damageinc55 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2003, 6:10am   #6
Anonymous
Doyle Look-alike

the hand you described doesn't seem that odd at all. a bad beat, but i see worse everytime i play. For him to check on the flop, maybe he's seeing if there was a higher pocket pair, and doesn't know to send out a feeler bet...most likely bluffing..who knows. he got lucky though, but i see these hands all the time and i have to be sure that you do. is this your worse beat? party poker might be rigged, but this hand doesn't prove that to me. i wonder more if they would rig their big mtt tournys
Old Dec 23, 2003, 1:59pm   #7
Anonymous
Doyle Look-alike

I was playing last night and was in a $25 NL game. I have been drawing great cards lately so some of my reasoning was based on this. I hold a 6 8 diamonds I check around to the big blind and he bets $5 dollars one other guy calls and seeing I had plenty of chips and had been lucky I called. Well it came up K 8 8 rainbow so then the betting goes $10, call and I call. Next card is a Q and same betting pattern as before. Last card is 6 and I have the boat they bet into me and of course I hammer them. Now after they see my cards they started bitchin up a storm. "Worst play I've ever seen" "How can you stay for $5 bet?". Now I know it was a gamble but they were on suit and fairly close together but I got lucky and hit the boat. Is it the worst play?
Old Dec 23, 2003, 4:07pm   #8
Fencer04
Brunson

Fencer04
Send a message via AIM to Fencer04

It isn't necessarily the worst play ever, but you definitly got lucky. I know that luck is a part of cards, but I think that you made the wrong play that hand whether you won or not. Pot odds would say to get out. If you make that same play 9 more times, in the long run it might work once more for a 20% win rate. You would have lost way more money than you would have won. It also depends on why you play the game. If you play for fun and to "risk" something than that is cool, howeverm if you want to make money than staying to the math of the game most of the time is the best play.
Fencer04 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2003, 5:57pm   #9
Anonymous
Doyle Look-alike

Thanks Fence I play to win an advice like this especially when you get a winner will reap many benefits over the long haul.
Old Dec 23, 2003, 7:34pm   #10
TwoGun
Administrator

TwoGun has disabled reputation

I love to play hands like 68 suited, but you really need to get in cheaply for the flop (or they really need to be deep). If you they only had about $25, that's too much to call b/c if you hit a flush draw, chances are you will not be able to play it.

Basically, a rule of thumb is you don't want to call more than 10% of their or your chips with a suited connector type hand.
TwoGun est déconnecté   Reply With Quote