THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Nov 16, 2003, 7:02pm   #1
KiD[ReD]
Flop Artist

KiD[ReD]
Default Finally placed..

Yesterday I played 3rd in a $5 Sit N Go for the first time... I could probably of made 2nd, but I got a bit overzealous because I was happy to have placed at all, and went all-in on a semi decent hand (the chipleader was at like 17k, and I was at about 6k at that point, other guy 2k.. so i was hoping to get a good stack for the final heads up..)

Anyhow, this is no big acomplishment, but it certainly made me happy - as I just learned the rules almost 2 weeks ago.

My Poker goal now - to place 2nd.
KiD[ReD] est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Nov 16, 2003, 7:59pm   #2
whalemangler
Doyle Look-alike

whalemangler

Try to avoid the chip leader when someone is way lower than you. Make him make a move with a disadvantage and see what happens.

Steal some blinds and fold to big resistance unless you have a damn good hand.

I was playing a home game and it was down to 3 of us, payouts were 35 for 2nd and 65 for first. Chip lead had 70% of the chips and my friend had 20% and I had 10%. I had to make a move very soon, but inexplicably the other low stack tried to bluff out the chip leader and lost. That was a $40 mistake because we cut a deal at that point, with the chip leader giving me 5 bucks to not try to stage a comeback and so we could start again.
whalemangler est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2003, 10:54pm   #3
KiD[ReD]
Flop Artist

KiD[ReD]

Yay, I just got 2nd!

But I'm unhappy because I was playing in a $.25/$.50 earlier, and I made a $20 profit, and was at $30.. then, because I was playing the SnG at the same time, the window changed, and I accidently hit ALL IN! and i lost.. so.. i was so unhappy..

but at least i got 2nd place.. my goal now.. 1st..
KiD[ReD] est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2003, 1:48pm   #4
Mr_B1ing
Flop Artist

Mr_B1ing

Kid you need to have one of your friends who is making 5 Gs a month playing online poker take over your account for about 2 weeks... Just think how many $5 sit n gos you could play with 2500 big ones!