THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Jan 01, 2004, 5:57am   #1
Anonymous
Doyle Look-alike

Anonymous is an unknown quantity at this point
Default i think i need a lucky charm

arghhhhhhhhh
After switching over to cash tables from STTs about 2 weeks ago, i have been averaging about 100$ a day at no limit tables. That is until maybe two days ago....Seems like every big hand that i play i've been getting rivered unbelievably. Friggin flush draws are killing me. My stratagey has always been to bet big to get them out, but people keep chasing them; and lately been catching them alot. I go to the river with the definite best hand only to get a bad beat once again. It is hard to understand why people will call an obviously large bet when they have essentially nothing and are a major underdog. I know you have to tell yourself that its just a bad stretch and statistically i will start winning, but its hard to reload the chips only to have it happen again. Don't worry i'm not giving up; i'm just looking for my lucky charm.
Good luck on the tables
Anonymous est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Jan 04, 2004, 8:06pm   #2
RogueGnat
Flop Artist

RogueGnat
Send a message via Yahoo to RogueGnat
Default lulcky charm

I'd suggest playing tighter for a while, if even playing for a while. If you consistantly bet big, and I am a competitor, I'd get on to thinking that you are bluffing or trying to buy the pot and if I even have a remote chance of a draw, I'd call to the river.

It is likely that the luck has changed some and that is normal. Short of tightening up, I'd say take a break from it for a few days, or even play a differnet site. At the very least, after cinching up the straps, I'd play different games/stakes. Maybe try limit poker on a low limit table, but still play it close with only the premium hands in the pocket. It will settle you down and get you off of tilt.

Da Dawg
RogueDog
Old Jan 06, 2004, 8:15am   #3
Notjitsu
Professional

Notjitsu will become famous soon enoughNotjitsu will become famous soon enough

Something to consider...if they catch their hand, and you call their big river bet, then it isn't as bad a play.

Ask yourself...do you create good implied odds for other players?
Notjitsu est déconnecté   Reply With Quote