THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Jan 30, 2004, 8:57pm   #1
jeff ryan
River Rat

jeff ryan
Default Bad Beats??

I have been reading a lot of posts about people getting killed on the river bad less than average pocket cards. Let me put me two cents in:

1. A lot of these posts deal with people going all in preflop w/ AA, KK, QQ or JJ or something else big. Is this a good play when you know your are playing against calling stations??(think, why am I at this table??Is it to be the best of the best, or to take candy from the baby?) Say if you slowpalyed it just a bit more once in a while to see a flop like Jh Td 2c w/ your AA. (bet -bet, but no huge raise raise or anything)Turn comes Jd and some fish bets all in to you. Now you have a choice to get out of the hand if you wish-based on your's read. If youre all in what choice do you have???Just my opinion, obviously there is a time to go all in, but it sounds like many people go all-in too soon because they aren't confident playing on and after the flop-so they try and end it right there WAY TOO MUCH. It is much better to throw away a winning hand once in a while and keep your chips than risking 100% of your stack on a (though it is strong) that will get statistically weaker the more cards that come out. Though you will probably win more times than not w/ AA, KK etc you only get those 1:256 deals, so if you have a bad beat, you'll have to wait a while before you get a chance to redeam your self with them.

2. People were complaining about the Random Number Generator. I will not getinto the math behind it, but it is impossible for a computer generate something completely random such as those #'s. The guy that figured this out was the mathematician that desigend the Keno machines. He found a way to beat them won a few million dollars then served a few years for gamming fraud.

just some things to think about ,
jeff
jeff ryan est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Jan 30, 2004, 11:03pm   #2
TwoGun
Administrator

TwoGun has disabled reputation

Bad beats are natural. After all, people are complaining when the other guy had a 5-20% shot, which often happens quite often.

It's difficult for us to monitor other site's random number generators, but the sites I personally play on the most (Empire/Party and UB), I feel very confident in their RNG.
TwoGun est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 07, 2004, 6:55am   #3
Notjitsu
Professional

Notjitsu will become famous soon enoughNotjitsu will become famous soon enough

Do you question the power of Blum Blum Shlub!

Your analysis on the AA I think is excellent for a tournament play. Giving yourself a chance to escape is a very good idea.

In ring games though, AA guarantees good odds preflop. The only reason I wouldn't want my money allin is if my bankroll can't support a loss, in which case I shouldn't even be at the table. I lose all the time with AA...but I win a lot more.
Notjitsu est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 07, 2004, 9:02pm   #4
Bling_Ping
Doyle Look-alike

Bling_Ping

I think it is all in the way you play it.

i re-started poker tracker for the new year and so far I am 9 for 9 with AA (knock on wood). Last year I was like 97% wins.

However, im 80% with KK
Bling_Ping est déconnecté   Reply With Quote