THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Apr 28, 2004, 7:44am   #1
cwboyup852
River Rat

cwboyup852
Send a message via AIM to cwboyup852
Default multi table stragedy

i play at party poker and im mostly play sng tourneys in order for myself to afford the buy ins for multis. im sure plenty of u play sundays big tourney there. the problem for me is 3 weeks in a row now ive finished 30-50 place. which although u win money, really u lost money cuz all i think about is top 3. there 30 nl multis are pretty weak and ive won 3 this month. best one was with 893 players. anyways this sunday tourney drives me crazy cuz i have seem to hit a wall and cant get over it. any one got any advice for m on a different technique i could use???? by the way im a tight/loose(depending on blinds and level), aggresive player but i only play the goods.
cwboyup852 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Apr 28, 2004, 2:52pm   #2
beastiemiked
Flop Artist

beastiemiked

Well if you won 3 30NL multi tournies you shouldn't be asking for advice. You are obviously very skilled or extremely lucky. Probably a combo of both because winning 3 of those in one month takes a lot of luck. Just remember that multi table tournies aren't like ring games in that you shouldn't expect to cash every time you enter them. I've heard most pros only expect to cash in about 30% of multi's they enter.
beastiemiked est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2004, 9:08pm   #3
cwboyup852
River Rat

cwboyup852
Default multis

winning 3 multis is not tough... and yes u do need to be lucky because u need to be able to win about 80% of those coin flip hands. but solid tourney players put themselves in position to make the final table all they need is better then average luck and they are there. i just feel that i have a flaw in my game because sundays tourney the toughest one on party poker keeps bringing me inches from the final table every week. anyone need some advice for multis dont hesitate to ask me. its pretty much my specialty
Old Apr 28, 2004, 10:21pm   #4
beastiemiked
Flop Artist

beastiemiked

Winning 3 in one month when 500+ people enter is tough even if you enter every 30+3 multi party offers. I would love to see one of your tourney histories for one of them.
beastiemiked est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2004, 10:47pm   #5
aseyer
Grinder

aseyer is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to aseyer

You want to see someone who can win 3 tournaments a month?

Check out Exclusive, Neverwin, or Riverloser at Pokerstars.
aseyer est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2004, 3:57am   #6
manutdfan1
Grinder

manutdfan1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastiemiked
Winning 3 in one month when 500+ people enter is tough even if you enter every 30+3 multi party offers. I would love to see one of your tourney histories for one of them.
I 2nd that!! If you won 3 multi's in a month with over 500 players I'll probally be asking you questions.
manutdfan1 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2004, 5:54am   #7
cwboyup852
River Rat

cwboyup852

i could send u a tournament history if ud like they are amost 8 hours long of playing. i dont think u will get a ton out of that because i go employ the all in or i fold stragedy made famous by skalansky. its the only way to play online since u cannot make the neccesarry reads at the flop to decided whos got it and whos full of hot air. anyways who plays party pokr multis here?
Old Apr 29, 2004, 11:52am   #8
packattack88
Grinder

packattack88 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwboyup852
anyways who plays party pokr multis here?
I do-my screen name is the same on here as it is there.
Old Apr 29, 2004, 3:09pm   #9
manutdfan1
Grinder

manutdfan1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwboyup852
i could send u a tournament history if ud like they are amost 8 hours long of playing. i dont think u will get a ton out of that because i go employ the all in or i fold stragedy made famous by skalansky. its the only way to play online since u cannot make the neccesarry reads at the flop to decided whos got it and whos full of hot air. anyways who plays party pokr multis here?
Send over or post the part that says you won 3 multi's ( 500+ players) in a month. That would make for some great posts and we could learn from each other. Sorry but I wouldn't believe you until you did that.
manutdfan1 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2004, 7:01pm   #10
cwboyup852
River Rat

cwboyup852

my goal in life isnt to impress u so u can forget about me trying to. and anyways ive read the posts on this site and im pretty suure there isnt a single player with my success or bankroll. so thx for your cynical outlook on my post. by the way i never asked in my post for praise i asked a question. why dont u do yourslef a favor and stop being bitter over my success