THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Apr 29, 2004, 6:13pm   #11
manutdfan1
Grinder

manutdfan1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwboyup852
my goal in life isnt to impress u so u can forget about me trying to. and anyways ive read the posts on this site and im pretty suure there isnt a single player with my success or bankroll. so thx for your cynical outlook on my post. by the way i never asked in my post for praise i asked a question. why dont u do yourslef a favor and stop being bitter over my success
My post was in no way meant to be offensive and I apologize if I made that impression. My intentions are to learn/talk/advise not be bitter.
manutdfan1 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Apr 29, 2004, 6:38pm   #12
aseyer
Grinder

aseyer is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to aseyer

If you want to know the strategy his is discussing, there's two versions - I would assumed he is using the advanced version.

The simple version is, if you are first to raise, go all in with any suited connector or broadway cards (AK, pocket pairs.). If you are the second to act, go all in with pocket pairs or AK only.

The advanced version is slightly more complex, with the list very small (all in UTG with AK pocket pair only) in early position, whereas in last posiiton the all-in list is higher.

That's it in a nutshell. It's in Tournament Player for Advanced Players.

I've thought about trying it one Sunday in Stars $250K guarantee tournemtn to see how it works. It ONLY works on big buying tournaments with good players. This wouldn't work on a $5 with 1000 people.

As for your original question. You said you hit a wall. Not really. You strategy is complete based on a) the need for people to laydown b) a coinflip.

Which means that people who play regulary may now know your style and are more apt to call you, or b) you have had bad luck. Your live by the coin toss, die by the coin toss. When the coin doesn't fall your way, don't blame the strategy - it's doing it's side of things.
aseyer est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2004, 6:11am   #13
MRVEGAS
Dude

MRVEGAS is a name known to allMRVEGAS is a name known to allMRVEGAS is a name known to allMRVEGAS is a name known to allMRVEGAS is a name known to allMRVEGAS is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to MRVEGAS

First thing i would do is learn to spell.

STRATEGY.

UPDATE: still wrong dude! I spelled it for ya!!!

Dont feel bad, when i first started posting not only were my topics lame and stupid i didnt take the time to clearly put my thoughts into words.

They were hard to understand and difficult to read. I had spaids and they were sooted should i played them? stuff like that!

Still not much better!
MRVEGAS est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2004, 6:44am   #14
madscout
Brunson

madscout is on a distinguished road

MRVEGAS is right cwboyup852... the last thing you want to do is have 'tragedy' in your strategy.
madscout est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2004, 9:29am   #15
cwboyup852
River Rat

cwboyup852
Send a message via AIM to cwboyup852

thats fine guys. u all just keep typing in your lame questions about 1/2 limit and how u make so much money at those incredible stakes. i find it interesting the amount of u who consider yourself sharks or semi pro when all your posts are crap. low stakes crap. u are not sharks or semi pros u are fish. fish play 25nl 1/2 limit and garbage stakes like that. so i guess i did mispell strategy and thats obviously all u can come up with in the way of an insult so ill leave this rookie site to all u suckers....
cwboyup852 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2004, 10:05am   #16
ColU_FC
Flop Artist

ColU_FC

cwboyup852 wrote:

Quote:
so ill leave this rookie site to all u suckers
Good. Bye bye.
ColU_FC est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2004, 11:10am   #17
Coss
Brunson

Coss is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Coss Send a message via MSN to Coss

Quote:
i find it interesting the amount of u who consider yourself sharks or semi pro when all your posts are crap.
Lol, I guess it's not easy to see how the rankingsystems for posts works
Old Apr 30, 2004, 2:03pm   #18
manutdfan1
Grinder

Quote:
thats fine guys. u all just keep typing in your lame questions about 1/2 limit and how u make so much money at those incredible stakes. i find it interesting the amount of u who consider yourself sharks or semi pro when all your posts are crap. low stakes crap. u are not sharks or semi pros u are fish. fish play 25nl 1/2 limit and garbage stakes like that. so i guess i did mispell strategy and thats obviously all u can come up with in the way of an insult so ill leave this rookie site to all u suckers....
Time to take the gloves off. WHY DON'T YOU COWBOYUP ADMIT I CAUGHT YOU LYING AND APOLOGIZE. DUDE, YOUR SO FULL OF CRAP IT'S AMUSING. YOUR POST IS HILARIOUS. "CAN YOU GUYS HELP ME?? I WON 3 MULTI'S IN A MONTH AND I NEED HELP? (STUPID) THEN WHEN WE POLITELY TELL YOU YOUR FULL OF CRAP BUT WE'LL STILL BE FRIENDLY WITH YOU, YOU COME BACK WITH SOME OBVIOUS DEFENSIVE CRAP. FACE IT YOUR A LIAR!! DUDE, POKER PLAYERS CAN READ PEOPLE (not always right ). BUT YOUR POST IS OBVIOUS AND SCREAMS I'M AN INSECURE IDIOT WHO POSTS LIKE AN IDIOT. AND YOUR CRAP ABOUT LOW STAKES IS STUPID. AGAIN YOU GET DEFENSIVE AND SHOW YOUR LYING. COME ON WE WERE ALL IN HIGHSCHOOL AND BEHAVED LIKE THIS. IT'S JUST THAT YOUR STILLING DOING IT!!!! I'M IN SALES AND BOYS LIKE YOU ARE EASILY READ. WHO CARES WHAT STAKES SOMEONE PLAYS?? AT LEAST PEOPLE OUR HONEST AND NOT PHONIES LIKE YOU.
ALSO, PEOPLE PLAY MID-HIGH STAKES HERE AND THERE'S PLENTY OF POST TALKING ABOUT THOSE HANDS (AGAIN YOUR LYING). I"M SORRY I HAD TO SPANK YOU WITH THIS REALITY BUT MAYBE IT'S FOR THE BEST. YOU'LL REALIZE I KNOW MORE ABOUT YOU THAN YOU DO, YOU'LL GROW UP AND STOP BEING STUPID. THIS WOULD BE A GOOD THING AND YOU WOULD BECOME A MAN. OH, DON'T TAKE ANY OF THIS PERSONAL
Old Apr 30, 2004, 2:37pm   #19
beastiemiked
Flop Artist

beastiemiked

i play at party poker and im mostly play sng tourneys in order for myself to afford the buy ins for multis. im sure plenty of u play sundays big tourney there. the problem for me is 3 weeks in a row now ive finished 30-50 place. which although u win money, really u lost money cuz all i think about is top 3. there 30 nl multis are pretty weak and ive won 3 this month. best one was with 893 players

If you did win a tourney with a 30 dollar buy in with 893 players then you should've won $5358. Assuming you won 2 other tourneys at that same buy in you should be well over 10 grand in one month. I really don't see why someone with this type of bankroll would need to play sng tourneys in order to afford buy-ins for multis.
beastiemiked est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2004, 2:45pm   #20
manutdfan1
Grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastiemiked
i play at party poker and im mostly play sng tourneys in order for myself to afford the buy ins for multis. im sure plenty of u play sundays big tourney there. the problem for me is 3 weeks in a row now ive finished 30-50 place. which although u win money, really u lost money cuz all i think about is top 3. there 30 nl multis are pretty weak and ive won 3 this month. best one was with 893 players

If you did win a tourney with a 30 dollar buy in with 893 players then you should've won $5358. Assuming you won 2 other tourneys at that same buy in you should be well over 10 grand in one month. I really don't see why someone with this type of bankroll would need to play sng tourneys in order to afford buy-ins for multis.
EXACTLY!!!!