THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old May 03, 2004, 7:10pm   #1
Bling_Ping
Doyle Look-alike

Bling_Ping
Default My best bad beat yet

everyone be sure to call with q 6 offsuit, it pays

PokerStars Game #417613812: Hold'em No Limit ($0.10/$0.25) - 2004/05/03 - 14:56:25 (ET) Table 'Kalchas' Seat #3 is the button Seat 1:
rikbab: posts small blind $0.10
Vodila77: posts big blind $0.25
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to BlingPing [Ac Ah]
BlingPing: calls $0.25
ollietom: calls $0.25
nail44: raises $0.25 to $0.50
Capstone66: folds
Red 350Z: folds
nfinity711: folds
LOSEtheDRAFT: folds
rikbab: folds
Vodila77: folds
BlingPing: raises $1.50 to $2
ollietom: calls $1.75
nail44: calls $1.50
*** FLOP *** [6h 6d As]
BlingPing: checks
ollietom: bets $3
nail44: folds
BlingPing: calls $3
*** TURN *** [6h 6d As] [9d]
ollietom: bets $5
BlingPing: calls $5
*** RIVER *** [6h 6d As 9d] [6c]
ollietom: bets $13 and is all-in
BlingPing: calls $13
*** SHOW DOWN ***
ollietom: shows [6s Qc] (four of a kind, Sixes)
BlingPing: shows [Ac Ah] (a full house, Aces full of Sixes) ollietom collected $46 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $48.35 | Rake $2.35
Board [6h 6d As 9d 6c]
Seat 1: Red 350Z folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 2: nfinity711 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 3: LOSEtheDRAFT (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet) Seat 4: rikbab (small blind) folded before Flop Seat 5: Vodila77 (big blind) folded before Flop Seat 6: BlingPing showed [Ac Ah] and lost with a full house, Aces full of Sixes Seat 7: ollietom showed [6s Qc] and won ($46) with four of a kind, Sixes Seat 8: nail44 folded on the Flop Seat 9: Capstone66 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Bling_Ping est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old May 03, 2004, 7:34pm   #2
madscout
Brunson

madscout is on a distinguished road

Wow... according to the simulator you were a 97.73 % favorite to win the hand after the turn. He hit a one outer. Unreal. The funny thing is you were both probably licking your chops the hole time. I'm sure you will win all your money back from him in the future.
madscout est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 03, 2004, 8:03pm   #3
Ozone
The One Who Knocks

Ozone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Ozone

Man that is absolutely brutal. Unreal.

"How do I become more pro? I gotta learn math?" - fuedallord
Ozone est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 03, 2004, 9:12pm   #4
meckah
Flop Artist

meckah

I had pretty much the same experience the other day. Had AA, raised max preflop (pot limit 0.25/0.50), had two callers. Flop came 852, i bet he called. turn came 5... I bet he raised.... Turns out he called a maximum preflop bet with J5 offsuit.... Lost almost all chips i had at the table..... But we gotta be glad we play against such people, coz in the long run (witch poker is about) we WILL WIN ALOT from such players, but when they win its often in a brutal way like this.
meckah est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 03, 2004, 9:20pm   #5
Bling_Ping
Doyle Look-alike

Bling_Ping

Yea, im not too upset. I joked with the dude about the one card in the deck that could help him and he didnt have anything to say.

I am just happy I wasnt sitting at a 1 2 table when this happened!
Old May 04, 2004, 12:32pm   #6
KevinM11
Professional

KevinM11 will become famous soon enough

Without a doubt that is brutal.

Question though, why didn't you raise preflop? Did the table that you were at dictate slow playing preflop as the move to make? A lot of posts here say never to slow play AA. Just wondering if sometimes the type of table (loose) changes that.

I had a hand last night that I just look at and say, I would have been sooo embarrassed to have won this pot (0.50 - 1 limit) I easily folded a 9-2 preflop and the board came up 2-x-2-2-x

"take stock of any poor thought processes that may be causing you to lose money needlessly at the poker table." Ozone

"The main reason for me to play poker has always been to have fun and hopefully make a little cash." DK-Molinero
KevinM11 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 04, 2004, 2:23pm   #7
madscout
Brunson

I had a similar situation once: Dealt 72o in the BB, no preflop raises. Flop comes up... wait for it...

[2 2 2]

beautiful.
Old May 04, 2004, 2:24pm   #8
madscout
Brunson

I had a similar situation once: Dealt 72o in the BB, no preflop raises. Flop comes up... wait for it...

[2 2 2]

beautiful.
Old May 04, 2004, 4:21pm   #9
Bling_Ping
Doyle Look-alike

Bling_Ping

I did, i check raised. I didnt raise enough though, I think other players thought more of it as an annoyance

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinM11
Without a doubt that is brutal.

Question though, why didn't you raise preflop? Did the table that you were at dictate slow playing preflop as the move to make? A lot of posts here say never to slow play AA. Just wondering if sometimes the type of table (loose) changes that.

I had a hand last night that I just look at and say, I would have been sooo embarrassed to have won this pot (0.50 - 1 limit) I easily folded a 9-2 preflop and the board came up 2-x-2-2-x
Old May 04, 2004, 4:39pm   #10
KevinM11
Professional

KevinM11 will become famous soon enough

Sorry Bling...I just saw the first line with calling 0.25 and did not realize that you did indeed make a healthy raise. I guess that's the problem of this type smaller blind structure. You did a great raise (6 X BB) but because it is not a large dollar amount overall they called.

Yes you will definalty win against them in the long run...who calls a 6xBB re raise with a Q6o

"take stock of any poor thought processes that may be causing you to lose money needlessly at the poker table." Ozone

"The main reason for me to play poker has always been to have fun and hopefully make a little cash." DK-Molinero
KevinM11 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote