THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Aug 01, 2004, 1:23am   #1
WaxHaX0rS
Thread Killer

WaxHaX0rS has a spectacular aura aboutWaxHaX0rS has a spectacular aura about
Default First Time With Money

I just started to get interested in poker recently. I watch it on TV a lot and play some Yahoo! limit poker. I've played NoLimit with my friends a total of 4 times so far, all for no stakes except the last time. Very tiny amount, just did it to add some kind of stake to the game. Five guys each put in a 2 dollar buy in, winner takes all 10 whopping bucks. Anyway, I was playing, and I was on medium stack, maybe a little short and my friend to my left was on the short stack. His stack wasn't too much shorter than mine, so if he went all-in and I called, I would have been a very very bad short stack. Anyway, all 5 guys still in, he's short-stack, and the flop comes up as Q 7 7. He had a Q in his hand and went all in. I had the 7. I immediately called. We thought it was over. Turn comes, no help to either. River.....

Q.
Damn. I was a severe short stack and I thought I was gone. However I continued to gradually build up until finally it was heads-up and I had a dominating chip-lead. I got K and something else. Flop comes with King as high pair. We continue betting and calling until the river. I still had high-pair and thought that this was good in heads-up. He goes all-in, this guy is fairly tight-aggressive (not as tight as me),and stupidly I call him. Now, this was really dumb of me because I didn't even notice there was an open-ended straight draw on the board, I was so confident with my kings that I didn't even pay attention. (I think board was K Q J 10 and something else). He flips over pocket aces. He not only had higher pair but had Ace high straight. Damn. He was now dominating me and I continued to build up a little bit. He also got ahead of me later when we built up a big pot and I folded a pair of Aces (good thing, later he told me he had a straight). Anyway, later, the stacks were maybe 2:1 (me short) and he puts me all in pre-flop. It was 5:00 in the morning and we had been playing for about 6 hours. I had AJo, so I said what the hell and the I called. He flipped over J6o I think. A 6 & something else on flop. I was happy, this was good. Turn, a 6. Damn. River, no help. I lost. I should have won, but one bad call screwed me up. Sorry for long post, but that was the most exciting poker game I have played so far.
WaxHaX0rS est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Aug 01, 2004, 5:49am   #2
MRVEGAS
Dude

MRVEGAS is a name known to allMRVEGAS is a name known to allMRVEGAS is a name known to allMRVEGAS is a name known to allMRVEGAS is a name known to allMRVEGAS is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to MRVEGAS

LOL
MRVEGAS est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2009, 1:38am   #3
MRVEGAS
Dude

MRVEGAS is a name known to allMRVEGAS is a name known to allMRVEGAS is a name known to allMRVEGAS is a name known to allMRVEGAS is a name known to allMRVEGAS is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to MRVEGAS

Wow, that did sound exciting
“The weak are the most treacherous of us all. They come to the strong and drain them. They are bottomless. They are insatiable. They are always parched and always bitter. They are everyone’s concern and like vampires they suck our life’s blood.” Bette Davis
MRVEGAS est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2009, 2:27am   #4
WaxHaX0rS
Thread Killer

WaxHaX0rS has a spectacular aura aboutWaxHaX0rS has a spectacular aura about

It was! How could high pair not be good there??
WaxHaX0rS est déconnecté   Reply With Quote