THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Sep 03, 2004, 9:30am   #1
geometry
Brunson

geometry
Default four hands that sum up my bad luck

i lost 200 dollars with these four hands... makes me think that i shouldnt play poker anymore. cos i am a person with so much bad luck....

first hand, dealt AK utg, decided to limp due to my recent bad luck. raise come from behind, so i called. flop came KQx rainbow, bet until river got raised, raiser show KQ.

second hand, dealt QQ in cutoff. raised five callers. bet all the way with jack high board and got raised on the river again, i was sane enough to call and not raise. raiser flip over JJ.

third hand, dealt AA on button, raise came before me, i re raise, original raiser cap. three into flop, the other guy is a maniac, so i didnt pay much attention. flop came all 3 5 6 two suited, capped on flop. turn bring a T, and capped again. river is a 8 and flush miss, maniac finally folds. river capped again. i was about to pity his cowboys, when he flip over 55. just cant put him on that, i am willing to lose to TT, but not 55, not with the cap pre flop.

fourth hand, dealt AQs utg. raises get a 4 callers, flop came AQx, check raised. turn is a T, someone bet, i raises, get reraised. this time i call and called the river. guy flip over JK.

the thing is all these losses had made a dent in my confidence. i sign when i see AK. anybody can give me some advice?
geometry est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Sep 05, 2004, 11:36pm   #2
mainland
Flop Artist

mainland

Those are some bad beats!

I understand why you are down and out for a bit. Take a week or two off. Return back to one of your other hobbies. Ease back into it playing some lower limits when you are ready. I have found that when I go into a game thinking that I have bad luck, I usually lose.

Everyone has a bad day, week, or sometimes even a month. Try to keep positive and focus on the long term. Confidence can go a long way at the poker table.
mainland est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 08, 2004, 12:57am   #3
zemidjan_99
Brunson

zemidjan_99
Default AK bad beat

I had As Kd, raised a couple bucks on the flop to shake the trees of limpers. 2 callers. Flop: 5s 6c Ad. Cool. Throw a pot bet out, this should be business as usual. 1 fold and 1 call. wtf? turn 4h. I bet 8. he goes all in. I'm taken back, but figure I either outkicked him or he had AK too. I call. River was a 5d which is inconsequential because he had played 3 7. Blasted through my preflop raise and pot raise for a gut shot str8!!! I was sick.

I lost the 3 more AK hands after that, causing me to curse big slick. Fortunately, on the fifth AK I got, I flopped AAK against someone with KK.
zemidjan_99 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 08, 2004, 1:07am   #4
geometry
Brunson

geometry

thing is, i was playing limit, cant get them out as easily as NL.

those people you mentioned always make me sick, but i fold on those situation, cos top pair just cant withstand pressure. i had KQd once, min raise preflop. flop came Qxx rainbow, i bet pot, got raised. there was a diamond on board, so i called to see the turn, and turn brought no help, no D, no K, no Q, he put me all in. i thought for a while and folded. i just came to the table, and so i dont know how good the guy is, but he is the chip leader, 100+ on 25 buy in table. but i have learnt through my time playing poker not to try to get lucky. cos i am not. even against maniacs, i only play with a real hand. other people take them down with bottom pair, but i just have to say that wont be me.

another bad beat i had the other day was AA against Ak. yeah... flop came xxx with 2 spades. turn is another spades, river is another spades. that idiot called me all the way without a pair when i was so agressive. i know i cant blame him, he think i has two overcards and a back door flush... but i just hate losing to that 4% chance. and why is the As not with me????
geometry est déconnecté   Reply With Quote