German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Oct 22, 2004, 12:28am   #1
ChicoDill
River Rat

ChicoDill
Default Poker Stats

First I would like to thank those who responded to my earlier posts,its nice
to actually get a response.
I play micro-limit holdem and 7stud 8/b,figuring if I can handle the nuts at those stakes and build my bankroll up,then I can handle the higher rooms.
I have kept stats since I started playing about 3 months ago.The stats that the room gives me and some stats of my own.One of the stats I keep is the number of rooms that I play each month and how many of them I won.
(left with a profit)
For the past 3 months my win % is 71%.For the last month it is 76%. I guess the question is,is this good or do I need to improve or what?Any comments appreciated.
ChicoDill est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Oct 22, 2004, 1:30am   #2
Kazz
Grinder

Kazz is on a distinguished road

You should always try to do better if you think you can, but it sounds like you're doing pretty well so I wouldn't worry too much about it. You really can't control what % of sessions you win...just do your best at each one of them and you should be fine.
Kazz est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2004, 5:56pm   #3
ChicoDill
River Rat

ChicoDill

Thx for the reply. Let me clarify a win. At the stakes I play for a win could be anywhere from a few cents to several bucks.But in my book a win is a win and it sure beats the alternative.
To change the subject a bit, my holdem hands suck. Last night I played 79 hands,only had 5 sets of over cards including pocket K's,Q's and J's which all 3 lost.Never won a hand with over cards,the flop would always come up low.Low to mid connectors were my winning hands.Still lost 3 bucks to idiots calling with, in one case 6-3o.another time with 8-3o.
most of my hands consist of cards like 7-2,9-4,or one big, one little offsuit.
It seems like I seldom get really good cards and if I do then some idiot will call my big raise or all-in with junk and then flop a set or something.Like I said if I can consistantly beat the idiots I might have a future at higher stakes.
I remember one hand where the flop was 3-Q-10 I had 2 pair Q's and 10's
I went all in 2 bucks and some chick calls with a pair 2's and then flops a boat.and then they act like they're really good poker players and made the right read.Gimme a break.
Old Oct 22, 2004, 7:07pm   #4
Coss
Brunson

Coss is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Coss Send a message via MSN to Coss

What you need is to track your progress by using pokercharts. It's totally free and you can see lots of stats in it. You mainly use it to keep track of your winnings, hourly winings etc.
If you want to keep track of played hands etc you need to use pokertracker but that costs 50$ or so but it's worth it if you want further stats on your game.

http://www.pokertracker.com/
http://www.pokercharts.com/

Good luck with your game.
Old Oct 23, 2004, 12:36am   #5
ChicoDill
River Rat

ChicoDill

Hey thx for the reply and links.Now if you can just tell me how to beat the idiots you'll have a friend for life.lol