THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Dec 29, 2004, 6:29pm   #1
88fingers
River Rat

88fingers
Default poker stars

hi all,just wondering about poker stars.i just downloaded it and started playing fun $ there.is it worth a few bucks,any1 had any problems??
88fingers est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Dec 29, 2004, 7:33pm   #2
Hustlr
║▌║█║▌║▌││║▌║

Hustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via ICQ to Hustlr Send a message via AIM to Hustlr

Its definitely one of the best sites out there. Its very professional and I've never had any problem with them. However, as many people will tell you, it is a bit harder than most sites... especially at the ring games. I only keep money there to play tournaments, since I think they have the best tournament structure of any site. I dont bother playing ring games there anymore since many other sites will offer much easier competition.
Hustlr est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2004, 12:31am   #3
packattack88
Grinder

packattack88 is on a distinguished road

Yep, ring games are tough there even at low limits in my experience.
Old Dec 30, 2004, 5:29am   #4
Kazz
Grinder

Kazz is on a distinguished road

It's also where we play our tournaments, so if you're interested in playing in them, you might wanna' stick a bit extra in there.
Kazz est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2004, 9:24pm   #5
Ender W
Flop Artist

Ender W

Here's my question: If the ring games are harder, aren't the tournemants harder too?

I mostly play ring games and SNG's at PokerRoom, but whenever I can find a big enough chunk of time to play, I like to play in multi table tourneys.

Personally, I like Ultimate Bet's tourney structure (and software) the best out of all of the sites I have played at. However, the players overall are much more agressive at UB than at PR, both at ring games and tourney's, and I feel that in both situations that makes them more difficult.

Does everyone like PokerStars tourneys just because they have so many available, even though they players are better, or am I wrong in this assumption? What's the competition like?
Ender W est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2004, 10:02pm   #6
packattack88
Grinder

packattack88 is on a distinguished road

I've never played a multi-table tourney there before, generally because at UB and FTP the multis are 100-150 people, where at PokerStars, in can be 3x that amount, or even more.
Old Dec 31, 2004, 8:23am   #7
playactn
Doyle Look-alike

playactn

I find the lower NL ring games (.25/.50 thru 1/2) to be about the same at UB and Stars. However, I think the Stars tourneys are more difficult than UB.

Stars has a lot of bigger money multi-table tourneys but UB has a lot more $5 and $10 multis.

I agree with Ender, UB has the nicest format and software, with Stars close behind. Stars has the cool private tourneys feature though...
playactn est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2005, 1:21pm   #8
ChristieS
River Rat

ChristieS
Default Poker Stars

Poker stars is where I first started playing and I really enjoy it. It may be more difficult the other sites but playing here has really helped my game. The tournaments are great.

I've played on Ultimate Bet and I'm not impressed. Poor customer service.
ChristieS est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2005, 12:54am   #9
MrDrsRow08
Flop Artist

MrDrsRow08

if by more difficult to you mean there arent as many loose players thatll play A-3 or K-4 ?

i am getting creamed by those guys on party poker over and over, im down $100 this week playing the top 10 hands and 10J and Ax suited
thats it, and im losing EVERYTHING
MrDrsRow08 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2005, 1:06am   #10
ChristieS
River Rat

ChristieS

I usually play at the $5 or $10 sit and go's at Pokerstars and I'd say 1/2 of these players won't play junk hands at a full table.

Personally, I don't like A-x suited because it's more of a drawing hand, but that's just my preference. I do like playing small pairs for cheap trying to hit a set at loose tables. If you hit then you can make a lot of chips. If you don't then it's easy to throw away.
ChristieS est déconnecté   Reply With Quote