THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Dec 31, 2004, 10:43pm   #1
123money321
Doyle Look-alike

123money321 will become famous soon enough123money321 will become famous soon enough
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!
Default listen to this

Hold em is to stud what chess is to checkers

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Jan 02, 2005, 8:05am   #2
Yads
Doyle Look-alike

Yads

That's nonsense. Stud is a much more complex game than holdem.
Yads est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 07, 2005, 10:04pm   #3
engstrok
Doyle Look-alike

engstrok is on a distinguished road

If you're talking about no-limit hold 'em versus limit stud, I would agree with you, not because hold 'em is more complex than stud, but because anything where you are playing no-limit is bound to be more of a "chess match" than something played limit. But, in my humble opinion, limit stud is more complex than limit hold 'em because you have more decisions to make throughout the hand.
engstrok est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2005, 1:18am   #4
Hustlr
║▌║█║▌║▌││║▌║

Hustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via ICQ to Hustlr Send a message via AIM to Hustlr

Yeah, Stud is more complex than holdem.
Hustlr est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2005, 11:52am   #5
Lindy
Doyle Look-alike

Lindy

I agree, In my opinion, Hold-em poker can be On of the least complicated games in poker.....that is why it is so popular.....

Dont get me wrong, Hold-em can be a very complex game, but just to be an average player does not take that much skill.....
Old Jan 21, 2005, 6:00pm   #6
the_fox31
Resident Fox

the_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud of

According to Caro, you make more decisions in stud, but the best decision in stud doesn't pay off as well as in hold 'em.

In my oppinion, the harder the game is to master, the more complex the game is, and IMO the better the game. This is because there will be a greater difference in skill b/t the experts and beginners. This is a moot point though, as I doubt anyone has ever mastered any game except maybe tic-tac-toe.

Anyone want to challenge me to a game of that?
the_fox31 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote