THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Feb 17, 2005, 10:43pm   #1
123money321
Doyle Look-alike

123money321 will become famous soon enough123money321 will become famous soon enough
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!
Default When stealing fails...

From this wonderful forum and from NL Holdem books, I have learned that if I am on the button and it is folded to me, I should raise with moderate hands (sometimes just call to throw my opponents off). But what these books don't say, it what to do when stealing fails.

Lets say your dealt 97s on the button. Blinds 50/100. Average stack $3000. Folded to you, u raise 3XBB to $300. A fairly tight player plays back at you and makes it $600. Do you defend your 67s even tho you know your beat? Or do I fold for the $300 extra?

Folding just doesn't seem right here because I already have 300 in the pot. But he probobly has a med or high PP or an AK, AQs which have me beat. What am I suppose to do in this situation?

I believe I know ho to play this post-flop, but can't figure out what to do when put in this situation. Thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Feb 18, 2005, 12:56am   #2
hiphopanonymous
Flop Artist

hiphopanonymous

no shame in folding when you're caught with your hand in the cookie jar. but calling isn't a bad play either to see the flop since you got position.
hiphopanonymous est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2005, 10:43am   #3
packattack88
Grinder

packattack88 is on a distinguished road

76s isn't a bad hand, it's a very good NL hand. He's only doubled your bet so it's an easy call. Don't forget, you have position on him as well.
Old Feb 18, 2005, 1:54pm   #4
Notjitsu
Professional

Notjitsu will become famous soon enoughNotjitsu will become famous soon enough

Your 300 is in the pot, plus 600 of his, plus whichever blind folded.

So thats about 300 into a 1000 dollar pot from position. Good time to call me thinks.
Notjitsu est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2005, 3:05pm   #5
Lindy
Doyle Look-alike

Lindy

Great call here, If you hit your hand, your going to get paid, if his hand is as good as you think it is....

Against good players, 67s can make you more chips than Big oket pairs in my opinion.
Old Feb 19, 2005, 6:13pm   #6
123money321
Doyle Look-alike

123money321 will become famous soon enough123money321 will become famous soon enough
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

I guess it just seems like im putting a lot of my stack. I have to raise it at least 300 to make the steal, butr when he pushes back at me, I have $600 of my $3000 stack invested in a suited connector. I suppose I will just have to take more risks in my Tournament game.
Old Feb 19, 2005, 6:59pm   #7
packattack88
Grinder

packattack88 is on a distinguished road

300 of that 600 though is already in the pot. There's too much in there to fold now. Like Brunson says...a solid safe game won't win in NL.