THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Mar 24, 2005, 12:25pm   #31
Notjitsu
Professional

Notjitsu will become famous soon enoughNotjitsu will become famous soon enough

The catch22 on additional callers. If you are up against the allin flush, you don't want one of the EP'rs calling with the set or even top two pair...and if the allin guy has top two pair, you don't want a call from the flush.

trips do okay against the flush, and crush the top two. But when top two and the flush combine forces, its bedtime for bonzo. (being up against both, also not considered in the rationale).
Notjitsu est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Mar 24, 2005, 12:30pm   #32
Lindy
Doyle Look-alike

Lindy

Good Posts! and ty for answering Why.
Old Mar 24, 2005, 3:55pm   #33
Kazz
Grinder

Kazz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notjitsu
(being up against both, also not considered in the rationale).
Actually I did consider top 2 pair and a flush, and that would be as bad as someone having a higher set, but again I didn't mention to Kc that he should be including the probability of 1 or more missing outs in his calculations...

Although I did consider it, I really doubt that you're up against both here. I think you give these guys too much credit! There are some good players in the $0.25/$0.50 games, but there are a lot more bad ones, and they don't necessarily need top pair, let alone top 2 or a flush to make or call that initial bet here.

If I'd seen them call all-in in front of me it'd worry me more, but I think it's more likely that the people left to act after you will be folding or maybe making a bad call because they like the money that's out there.
Kazz est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2005, 7:01pm   #34
jazzy3113
Flop Artist

jazzy3113

bad fold....u have outs vs the flush....he was being a table bully...no one scares everyone off with a made flush...he had the a of hearts and anoter unsuited card. being a pussy is not the way to make paper
jazzy3113 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2005, 10:45pm   #35
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

correct, some manner of vegetable pulping process is far more effective.

Kc
killcrazy est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2005, 7:10pm   #36
goalscorer
River Rat

goalscorer

I say GOOD FOLD. If you don't feel good about puttoing all your chips in then don't. Poker is more about the great folds you make than the great calls. Even if you had the best hand, if you are a good player, you will get another chance.
good play,
GS