THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Apr 19, 2005, 9:55pm   #11
xenthebrain
I am so smart. S-M-R-T

xenthebrain is a glorious beacon of lightxenthebrain is a glorious beacon of lightxenthebrain is a glorious beacon of lightxenthebrain is a glorious beacon of lightxenthebrain is a glorious beacon of light

SSH is not a beginner book. It is for the player who just got off the beginner stage.
Like Kc correctly often said, SSH destroys "solid" beginner's plays and turns them into maniacs because they misapply the advice given too often.
SSH is intended to get these postbeginners to the expert stage low limit requires.
It trys to make the player analyse his play on every street while playing and then doing the right thing. It is usually better to play a little ABC poker with applying simpler aspects like pot odds and stuff and not so much at once.
It just costs most players a big chunk of their bankroll.
xenthebrain est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Apr 19, 2005, 10:42pm   #12
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Yes; crawl, walk, run, dance.

Kc
killcrazy est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2005, 11:08pm   #13
NorthView
Professional

NorthView

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woosta2
buy SSH and photocopy pages 84-86. Here youll find the charts of what to play in what position @ low limit games dependant on how many people call preflop, and who raises. To make it more like WLLH, raise less.

otherwise, it's a masterful chart. I keep it next to my moniter whenever i play, and its responsible for my biggest winning streak to date (80 big bets in a day).
Jesus, doesn't this FL game sounds perfect for a bot?
NorthView est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2005, 2:16am   #14
TwoHeadedOgr
Fish

TwoHeadedOgr

Hey thanks for all the advice guys,

I went and bought Lee Jones book, and figured out a large part of my problem. See what I usally do is wait till the Teir 1 or 2 cards come down then I just jam the pot with bets till I get to the show down, and I figure I got a pretty good chance to come up big.

Well I'm about half way threw Jones's book, and I relize that's probly not the best way to go about things, I didn't relize how much a hand changes after the flop. I figured the other guy was just getting lucky, but it turns out he wasn't getting lucky I was just screwing up.

I'm about half way threw the book now. Had to rest my eyes a bit I'll probly finish the other half tonight or tommarrow.

I'll let ya know if my game improves

Sincerley,

Ogr
TwoHeadedOgr est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2005, 8:10am   #15
BadBeatBasti
BadBeatMod

BadBeatBasti is just really niceBadBeatBasti is just really niceBadBeatBasti is just really niceBadBeatBasti is just really nice

That's you second step to become a winning a poker player! The frist one was to come to the forum and describing your problem
Old Apr 20, 2005, 7:10pm   #16
Woosta2
Doyle Look-alike

Woosta2
Send a message via AIM to Woosta2 Send a message via Yahoo to Woosta2

And i'd say the next is to read Jones again, but more slowly.
Old Apr 22, 2005, 6:52am   #17
TwoHeadedOgr
Fish

TwoHeadedOgr

Well I've finished Lee Jones book a couple days ago, and I've been re-reading parts of it over and over, especially the pre-flop chapters. I'm surprised at how much I didn't know before I picked up the book. I've played some poker since I've finished the book, and now that I have a much better Idea on what a good hand is. I"m not losing money so much or so fast, and actually the last two times I've finished playing I"ve been up, all be it .4 cents yesterday, and just .86 cents today, up is still good.

I"m sure I'll be down again sooner or later of course, but now I have a much better Idea of what I'm doing I don't feel as lost, or blind about being able to tell what a good hand is. And there is this one sentence that just stuck in my head after I read it. It said "Good poker players only play good hands." I think about that sentence anytime I"m not sure when I should call or not, or if I think I'm playing to loose, that sentence helps me stay focused!

Thx again guys for the help.

Sincerely,

Ogr
TwoHeadedOgr est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2005, 12:13pm   #18
Fredrik
Professional

Fredrik will become famous soon enoughFredrik will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by killcrazy
Quote:
buy SSH
for the last time, no.

SSHE is absolutely the worst thing to give to a beginner.

no, no, no, no, no.

Kc
I'm pretty sure the worst thing you can give them is "Hold'em poker for advanced players".
Fredrik est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2005, 1:05am   #19
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredrik
Quote:
Originally Posted by killcrazy
Quote:
buy SSH
for the last time, no.

SSHE is absolutely the worst thing to give to a beginner.

no, no, no, no, no.

Kc
I'm pretty sure the worst thing you can give them is "Hold'em poker for advanced players".
*sighs*

well this is without a doubt the most fundamentally redundant thing I've read in at least twenty years.

Kc
killcrazy est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2005, 6:51am   #20
Snaggle
Professional

Snaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to behold
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

An obvious question-how many BB/100 should one be winning using Lee Jones' system? How many with SSH after mastering WLLH? How much greater shoild the swings be?
Snaggle est déconnecté   Reply With Quote