THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > General Discussion > Poker Stories

Old May 01, 2005, 9:56am   #1
BkEnds
Flop Artist

BkEnds
Default Casual Player Starting Up

Hey all, been reading for some time, first time post.

Just started Friday with a $50 bank roll and started playing .25-.50 limit tables on Pacific Poker. Right now I have around $170 total. I know its been two days only and this could just be a huge swing but right now I think I'm playing smartly. I came to post to first thank you guys for your stories and tips I've been able to read, and also to ask advice. Currently I'm playing .50-1 Limit and I was wondering when I should head up, somewhere between 200-400 bank roll was what I was thinking. Also wondering if someone could recommend some good reading, I've read one of Phil Hellmuth's books, I forgot the name, and it taught me the basics. Hope to see you guys maybe on PP or in B&Ms. Thanks in advance.
BkEnds est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old May 01, 2005, 10:31am   #2
xenthebrain
I am so smart. S-M-R-T

xenthebrain is a glorious beacon of lightxenthebrain is a glorious beacon of lightxenthebrain is a glorious beacon of lightxenthebrain is a glorious beacon of lightxenthebrain is a glorious beacon of light

Nice upswing. If you do not want to ever redeposit than make sure you have the right bankroll. Don't play limits with much less than the recommended 300BB.
xenthebrain est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 01, 2005, 10:33am   #3
BkEnds
Flop Artist

BkEnds

Thanks for the quick reply, have any book to recommend I read heh?
BkEnds est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 01, 2005, 10:44am   #4
xenthebrain
I am so smart. S-M-R-T

xenthebrain is a glorious beacon of lightxenthebrain is a glorious beacon of lightxenthebrain is a glorious beacon of lightxenthebrain is a glorious beacon of lightxenthebrain is a glorious beacon of light

Search the forums here for book advice.

You will find recommendations for "Winning low limit hold'em" which should kepp you from being a big losing player. More advanced is Small Stkes Hold'em, but it's not a beginner book and destroys most beginners games, until they understand most of it and start to apply it correctly at the tables.

If you need to get down pot odds, outs, board reading and stuff you should maybe get Gettingen started in Hold'em by Miller or Hold'em Poker by Sklansky, but I never read any of these.

Usually the Theory of Poker has valuable information for any type of poker player.
Old May 01, 2005, 11:05am   #5
BadBeatBasti
BadBeatMod

BadBeatBasti is just really niceBadBeatBasti is just really niceBadBeatBasti is just really niceBadBeatBasti is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by BkEnds
Thanks for the quick reply, have any book to recommend I read heh?
Poker Books - Reviews and Comments
Old May 01, 2005, 12:51pm   #6
xenthebrain
I am so smart. S-M-R-T

These aren't books for a low limit player....
Old May 01, 2005, 4:11pm   #7
BadBeatBasti
BadBeatMod

BadBeatBasti is just really niceBadBeatBasti is just really niceBadBeatBasti is just really niceBadBeatBasti is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggle
Basic books:

#1 Lee Jones,Winning low limit hold'em

#2 Ed Miller,Small stakes hold'em:winning big with expert play

#3 Mathew Hilger,Internet Texas hold'em

More Advanced(not likely to be bought immediately):

#1 David Sklansky,The theory of poker

#2 ibid,Hold'em for advanced players

#3 Mason Malmuth,Poker essays volumns I-III
Good books!
Old May 01, 2005, 9:39pm   #8
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

*wakes up*

Winning Low Limit Hold'Em

*back to sleep*

Kc
killcrazy est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 01, 2005, 10:32pm   #9
Woosta2
Doyle Look-alike

Woosta2
Send a message via AIM to Woosta2 Send a message via Yahoo to Woosta2

It's ok, KC, I'll be your WLLH bitch now.

Yup, totally. WLLH. BkEnds, if you want us to recognize you at the tables, you have to tell us your screen-name, unless BkEnds is it. BadBeatB and I both play at Pacific under these names - if you see me, wave.
Old May 02, 2005, 1:28am   #10
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Maybe I could just put that in a sig rather than post it every time?

Kc
killcrazy est déconnecté   Reply With Quote