THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old May 18, 2005, 3:02am   #1
Hustlr
║▌║█║▌║▌││║▌║

Hustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via ICQ to Hustlr Send a message via AIM to Hustlr
Default My Limit Leaks

One thing that keeps slapping me in the face is that alot of my bad beats are hands that I flopped the nuts or whatever and played very agressively, usually a multiway pot. Therefore, my odds were great and I was trying to build the pot the increase my EV even though I knew there were straight and flush draws out there and what not.

However, when the tables turn, and I am playing marginal hands which I think that I am ahead in, I usually fail to extract the way I should. I play those hands a little more passively even when I have a good read on the player and am confident in my hand.

So basically, I am not effectively taking advantage of the same poor players that are drawing out on me.

And no... I havent read WLLH or SSHE.... I know I know....

Dont really know what kind of advice I'm after, just throwing it out there. Maybe someone else will realize they are doing the same thing.
Hustlr est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old May 18, 2005, 8:03am   #2
BadBeatBasti
BadBeatMod

BadBeatBasti is just really niceBadBeatBasti is just really niceBadBeatBasti is just really niceBadBeatBasti is just really nice
Default Re: My Limit Leaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustlr
One thing that keeps slapping me in the face is that alot of my bad beats are hands that I flopped the nuts or whatever and played very agressively, usually a multiway pot. Therefore, my odds were great and I was trying to build the pot the increase my EV even though I knew there were straight and flush draws out there and what not.
I think you play right by extracting as much value as possible and makig it at as expensive as possible for other players to draw. What I do is slow down with the aggression when I feel like somebody could have drawn to something. Then I shift into a lower gear!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustlr
However, when the tables turn, and I am playing marginal hands which I think that I am ahead in, I usually fail to extract the way I should. I play those hands a little more passively even when I have a good read on the player and am confident in my hand.
If I play those to aggressively, then I sometimes run into a slowplay (people love to not raise with top hands at Pacific Poker).