THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old May 18, 2005, 7:58pm   #1
Hustlr
║▌║█║▌║▌││║▌║

Hustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via ICQ to Hustlr Send a message via AIM to Hustlr
Default My first Limit downswing

Just experienced my first 100 BB downswing in Limit. I'm new to Limit, moving from strictly playing the NL ring games. I've wanted to learn Limit for a long time, so decided to give a solid run.

After 5,600 hands.. I'm right at 1 BB per hour.

Most costly hand, yup... AQo. JTs was in a close second.

Just sharing some stats, open to critique and all that. Hopefully others will find it helpful as well.

Hustlr est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old May 18, 2005, 8:59pm   #2
Woosta2
Doyle Look-alike

Woosta2
Send a message via AIM to Woosta2 Send a message via Yahoo to Woosta2

I'm not used to seeing these because i dont use pokertracker, but everything looks pretty much right.

1) what limits(s) were you playing and where?

2) 50% folding on river seems like a lot - did you have that many missed draws or nasty river cards? It's often worth it to call the final big bet on the river if you've gone that far, even if you think you're beat 90% of the time (depending on pot size, etc, blah blah)
Old May 18, 2005, 10:06pm   #3
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!
Default Re: My first Limit downswing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustlr
Most costly hand, yup... AQo.
told you so

Kc
killcrazy est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2005, 11:47pm   #4
Hustlr
║▌║█║▌║▌││║▌║

Hustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woosta2
I'm not used to seeing these because i dont use pokertracker, but everything looks pretty much right.

1) what limits(s) were you playing and where?

2) 50% folding on river seems like a lot - did you have that many missed draws or nasty river cards? It's often worth it to call the final big bet on the river if you've gone that far, even if you think you're beat 90% of the time (depending on pot size, etc, blah blah)
This is $2/$4 Limit at Party. The river folding suprised me too when I looked at. I always think that I am calling on the river even when I think I might be beat. I have had alot of sweet draws in huge pots without them hitting, but not that many. Probably something I should pay more attention to.

Another thing, I think I might be betting too much on the flop, especially when there is more than one player in the hand. Like in NL, if I raised before the flop with AK, I would bet out no matter what on the flop. But in Limit, a $2 flop bet when I miss the flop, with 2 or 3 other players in is pretty arbitrary.
Old May 18, 2005, 11:48pm   #5
Hustlr
║▌║█║▌║▌││║▌║

Default Re: My first Limit downswing

Quote:
Originally Posted by killcrazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustlr
Most costly hand, yup... AQo.
told you so

Kc
Alot of check/calling leading to alot of lost of money.
Old May 19, 2005, 1:29pm   #6
xenthebrain
I am so smart. S-M-R-T

xenthebrain is a glorious beacon of lightxenthebrain is a glorious beacon of lightxenthebrain is a glorious beacon of lightxenthebrain is a glorious beacon of lightxenthebrain is a glorious beacon of light

The first big downswing really helped my game.

I hope you experience the same.
xenthebrain est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2005, 3:17pm   #7
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenthebrain
The first big downswing really helped my game.
It goes a long way to making or breaking players. If possible it's something you'd like to experience inside the first six months. If you run good for 2 or 3 years and then it hits you're liable to end up dribbling.

Kc
Old May 19, 2005, 5:29pm   #8
StampyDodo
Doyle Look-alike

StampyDodo

Stick with it. I lost 120BB playing 5/10 this weekend and was starting to think i didn't have what it takes. But in a way it was a good thing because it got me to really question my game and start fixing my leaks. Ive got 72 of those BB's back since then.

Is there an optimal agressive rate? Mines only 1.33.(not including preflop)
StampyDodo est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2005, 9:38pm   #9
Styles
Brunson

Styles

Is it possible to have a big downswing without having a major leak in your game or are most downswings related to some poor play?

Styles
Styles est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2005, 11:25pm   #10
killcrazy
Apex Predator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styles
Is it possible to have a big downswing without having a major leak in your game or are most downswings related to some poor play?
absolutely, especially at lower limits where variance is often higher anyway.

even though, i like to use times the cards are dropping against me to look for holes, if I have any they're likely to be most obvious then.

Kc