Originally Posted by NorthView
Quote:
Originally Posted by weknowhowtolive
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthView
Quote:
Originally Posted by weknowhowtolive
And i never have problems with it
So you've never gone all in, been called and won, to name but one situation where you'd have been better advised to have a full stack?
Not as of yet. usually by the time i actually get a hand worth all ining on, im up to the max buyin anyway, and when im not, the person going in with me has less or equal stack to me, so my extra would be worthless. HOWEVER. I know what you're saying, and the reason i DONT go in for a full stack is because i dont want to get a bad beat and lose 50 instead of 20, because my bankroll is not yet big enough to do that. Once its up more, i will of course be buying in for the full amount
AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
I can't take it any more.
SAY IT! SAY IT I DARE YOU!
weknowhowtolive est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Jun 02, 2005, 12:57am   #22
the_fox31
Resident Fox

the_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud of

If your bankroll is only big enough to let you buy in for 25, just play at the $25 buy in.
Old Jun 02, 2005, 10:36am   #23
Oyvind
River Rat

Oyvind
Send a message via MSN to Oyvind

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_fox31
If your bankroll is only big enough to let you buy in for 25, just play at the $25 buy in.
Thank you!
Old Jun 02, 2005, 9:57pm   #24
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

oh goodie are we having this argument again.

"While sometimes I will buy into this game for quite a bit of money, I decide to buy in for the minimum (which is $500, with blinds of $10-$10), because there are quite a few loose-aggressive players on my immediate left. My reasoning is that by letting the action men on my left do the betting and raising, I might well be able to win a very big pot, either by limping and reraising before the flop or by check-raising on the flop."

quoth Rolf

Kc
killcrazy est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 02, 2005, 10:08pm   #25
NorthView
Professional

NorthView

Quote:
Originally Posted by killcrazy
oh goodie are we having this argument again.

"While sometimes I will buy into this game for quite a bit of money, I decide to buy in for the minimum (which is $500, with blinds of $10-$10), because there are quite a few loose-aggressive players on my immediate left. My reasoning is that by letting the action men on my left do the betting and raising, I might well be able to win a very big pot, either by limping and reraising before the flop or by check-raising on the flop."

quoth Rolf

Kc
Yeah, well that's his story. I have it on good authority that the night before he played he was drinking and whoring it up with the best of them - that's why he couldn't afford the full buy in.
NorthView est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 03, 2005, 12:52am   #26
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

nope, he bought in for the minimum 7 times. And got it all back with interest.

Kc
killcrazy est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 03, 2005, 4:53am   #27
Hustlr
║▌║█║▌║▌││║▌║

Hustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via ICQ to Hustlr Send a message via AIM to Hustlr

Ok, I have to say it.

I agree with you weknowhowtolive... and see your reasoning.

Although its usually a dumb idea and a bad habit, its not totally off the wall for a low limit player who is starting out and trying to build a bankroll.
Hustlr est déconnecté   Reply With Quote