THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old May 26, 2005, 1:35am   #11
the_fox31
Resident Fox

the_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud of

The official "bexley" system:

Blind structure:
start - 5-10, raise every 15 hands.
then - 10-20
then - 15-30
then - 20-40
then - 25-50 (colour up whites)
then - 50-100
then - 75 - 150 (rare for it to get up to here)
then - 100 - 200 (never gotten up here)

Chip values:
white = 5
red = 25
blue = 100
green = 500

Starting chips
15 whites
13 reds
6 blue
= T 1,000 chips.

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old May 26, 2005, 2:18am   #12
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by engstrok
white = 25 (4) = 100
red = 50 (4) = 200
green = 100 (7) = 700
blue = 500 (3) = 1500
total = (1 = 2500
everyone gets 18 chips?

that sucks, my home games people start with 99

Kc
killcrazy est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2005, 7:19am   #13
BadBeatBasti
BadBeatMod

BadBeatBasti is just really niceBadBeatBasti is just really niceBadBeatBasti is just really niceBadBeatBasti is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by killcrazy
everyone gets 18 chips? (...) that sucks
Howard Letterer suggests in one of his videos to use about 16 chips or so. I forgot the exact value, but I think it was something like 8 x 25$ chips and 8 x 100$ chips.
Old May 26, 2005, 4:00pm   #14
weknowhowtolive
Doyle Look-alike

weknowhowtolive
Send a message via Yahoo to weknowhowtolive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBeatBasti
Quote:
Originally Posted by killcrazy
everyone gets 18 chips? (...) that sucks
Howard Letterer suggests in one of his videos to use about 16 chips or so. I forgot the exact value, but I think it was something like 8 x 25$ chips and 8 x 100$ chips.
He also suggests in that video to fold A9 suited with 4 people left. Howard is a good player, but he is really into the math side of it, and that beginners video was badly made and...well...it didnt teach me much except that for a professional poker player, he sure has a low budget. Maybe if he put more than $100 bucks into that video he could have taken out some of the mistakes, or used some lighting, or something to make it more attractive. I dont really feel like learning poker from someone who took 3 tries to shuffle the cards.
weknowhowtolive est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2005, 4:19pm   #15
xenthebrain
I am so smart. S-M-R-T

xenthebrain is a glorious beacon of lightxenthebrain is a glorious beacon of lightxenthebrain is a glorious beacon of lightxenthebrain is a glorious beacon of lightxenthebrain is a glorious beacon of light

I don't think that the budget of a learning video makes any difference in the value of knowledge it delivers.
The video doesn't do too much, but it is a good watch for a newbie.
xenthebrain est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2005, 4:21pm   #16
weknowhowtolive
Doyle Look-alike

weknowhowtolive

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenthebrain
I don't think that the budget of a learning video makes any difference in the value of knowledge it delivers.
The video doesn't do too much, but it is a good watch for a newbie.
Of course the budget doesnt matter, but..in marketing, you always want something you're trying to sell to appear well made, especially if its teaching someone something. If you sit down to learn and theres mistakes and stuff...it might make you question if what he's saying is totally correct.
Old May 26, 2005, 5:28pm   #17
Jason1
Grinder

Jason1 is on a distinguished road

i think the point is that its not that the guy makes mistakes its that he doesnt fix them in something hes mass marketing. if someone doesnt have the common sense to do that then why should you listen to them ?
Jason1 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2005, 5:32pm   #18
weknowhowtolive
Doyle Look-alike

weknowhowtolive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason1
i think the point is that its not that the guy makes mistakes its that he doesnt fix them in something hes mass marketing. if someone doesnt have the common sense to do that then why should you listen to them ?
Exactly. I mean, do you want to learn how to play poker from someone who leaves a simply fixed mistake like messing up a shuffle?? how much does it cost to fix that? $50? 2 seconds of tape and a reshoot?
Old May 26, 2005, 6:36pm   #19
engstrok
Doyle Look-alike

engstrok is on a distinguished road

[/quote]

everyone gets 18 chips?

that sucks, my home games people start with 99

Kc[/quote]

99? Isn't that crazy overkill, killcrazy.

Seriously, we use a minimum of chips so it's easier to color them up, count people's stacks at a glance, and estimate pot size quickly. Using a minimum of chips also leaves plenty of leftovers from my set of 1000 for people that are bounced early from the tournament to start a cash game.
engstrok est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2005, 8:48pm   #20
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

not at all.

people like lots of chips, they can play with them and build shit out of them and stuff. so 39 blacks, 40 greens, 20 reds. T5000.

Kc
killcrazy est déconnecté   Reply With Quote