THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old May 25, 2005, 9:47am   #1
shen888
River Rat

shen888
Default need help with mutli-tabling

Hi,

Recently I've begun multi-tabling 3 to 4 tables at 3-6 on party, I have been doing it for about a month, and I am currently down 500ish. I looked at my pokertracker stats over the course of the month, and my VP$IP was 19%, and 19% seems pretty tight too me. However, my usual strategy of play just seems not to be working. I would profit at one or two table, only to lose at other tables.

Basically, I wanna some input on if I should be changing my strategy to adapt to 4-tabling. Here are some of the changes I've been thinking:

1. Playing even tighter. Meaning that I would add AJoff, AQoff, KQoff pairs under 7 to my muck list in early and mid position.

* do you guys think this is right or am I just throwing away good money making opportunities?

2. Playing on tighter tables. My idea behind is that, with looser tables, variance is higher, therefore more chance of winning at one table but losing that profit back at other tables. As opposed to tighter tables, where variance is less extreme.

3. Fold all marginal situations. My idea is that, with situations like when your headz up against a loose player, folding hands like middle pair to allowing yourself to give more attention to the other tables.

Well, that was some of the ideas I was thinking about changing to my multi-tabling strategy. Hopefully u guys can provide some input and suggestions.

- Thanks
shen888 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old May 25, 2005, 10:00am   #2
Kazz
Grinder

Kazz is on a distinguished road

I rarely play limit, so I can't give you much advice except for this:

If you're losing, unless you're only playing for fun and don't mind losing, you should not be playing at more than one table. Once you can consistently win at one table, then if you want to you can try adding another and so on until your results start to suffer, then cut back.

If you don't mind the losses though, then you can do whatever is the most fun for you, but considering you're using Poker Tracker, I have to assume you're at least somewhat concerned about your results...
Kazz est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2005, 11:55am   #3
xenthebrain
I am so smart. S-M-R-T

xenthebrain is a glorious beacon of lightxenthebrain is a glorious beacon of lightxenthebrain is a glorious beacon of lightxenthebrain is a glorious beacon of lightxenthebrain is a glorious beacon of light

You shouldn't 4-table if it hurts your game that much.

I don't have any problems 4-tabling and think I play the same on all 4 tables, as I would play only one table. Maybe even better, since I am more focused and not so easily bored.

The variance is not higher with multible tables, the amplitudes will be the same, only the time will decrease in which variance is shown.
So it evens out, since you can get quicker down, but quicker up, too.
But there is no difference in getting down on 4 tables at once, and in 4 sessions one tabling. It's the same variance.

Less then 100BB down is not the world. If you feel 4-tabling hurts your game, go back to 2 or 1. Maybe restudy your game and see what works for you.
xenthebrain est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2005, 8:26pm   #4
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!
Default Re: need help with mutli-tabling

Quote:
Originally Posted by shen888
1. Playing even tighter. Meaning that I would add AJoff, AQoff, KQoff pairs under 7 to my muck list in early and mid position.
No. AJ and KQ maybe, but you'd need a pretty screwed table to make that right... But AQ you should almost always play in limit from any position. And you want to come in for a raise, in fact anything I'd play UTG I'm probably raising with.

Kc
killcrazy est déconnecté   Reply With Quote