THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old May 27, 2005, 9:25pm   #1
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!
Default Absolute

I should have posted this about a month ago when it was ongoing but forgot to, came across the emails just now when I was cleaning up.

So yeah, I have absolutely no faith in Absolute poker to run a cardroom and consequently have cashed out in full and left them to rot. I will now list the reasons.

(i) The software is somewhat dysfunctional, specifcally its being prone occasional disconnection for no good reason that it takes far too long to tell you about (yeay for being left hanging) and its inability to reconnect of itself. So you kill the client and reload it which leads you to issue number two

(ii) In the one hand that has apparently occured in your absense, Absolute have lifted your chips and given the seat to someone on the waiting list. This is particularly annoying when you're sitting in a $15-30 with a fucking nutbar on your immediate right and an average pot of around $250. Feh, well you grab the hand histories for future study and book keeping and discover issue number 3

(iii) The hand I was disconnected on, I was the BB and my hand was killed. I still had my supposed "all in" remaining, but it wasn't invoked. This is a very bad thing[tm]. This had actually happened before (cue Grant, my witness), so I decided to write them an email.

(iv) Their entire staff of two monkeys, three high school drop outs and one bag of wet shit have a grand total of 8 braincells between them, and 7 of those are dedicated to not dribbling. That is to say, their customer service leaves a lot to be desired. Here's my email to them and their reply.

Greetings and salutations,

Twice in the past couple of days I have been disconnected from your
server with a live hand (the former occured on April 29th at around
22:35 GMT, the latter's game number is 119480513, both at $15-30). In
both hands I already had chips in the pot and allegedly had an all in
availible. In both cases my hand was killed even though I wasn't
facing a bet.

Additionally in both instances I was the big blind, and returned to
the table to find my chips had been lifted. Since I did not
voluntarily leave the table, surely I should be able to return and
post my small blind, or post it as a missed blind after the button.

I invite you to investigate this and make appropriate reparations.

My thanks in advance,

Kc

--

Dear Player,

Thank you so much for your email, I would like to start letting you know that you only have 1 all in protection per day, in the hand number 119480513, you wouldn't have won since the person who won, won with a high card J, and the higher that you had was 9h and 8d, however as an execption due to the fact that you are a very valuable player, only this time, I returned the $15 into your account.

Thanks for playing at Absolute Poker! If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know. We're here for you!

Sincerely,

Red
Team Absolute ~ Customer Support
"Continuing to be the Best and Most Trusted"
Support@AbsolutePoker.com

So.

Dear Player? That's a good way to start a support email. Followed by some wank that was irrelevant and one of my lost big blinds returned. Halfway there, I nudged them for the second and got the greatest email ever in response

On Mon, 02 May 2005 17:31:36 -0400, you wrote:

>Thank you so much for your email, I would like to start letting you know
>that you only have 1 all in protection per day,
Yes, and I hadn't used it, on either occasion.

>in the hand number 119480513, you wouldn't have won since the person
>who won, won with a high card J, and the higher that you had was 9h
>and 8d, however as an execption due to the fact that you are a very
>valuable player, only this time, I returned the $15 into your account.
This is irrelevant. The outcome of the hand does not matter, what
matters is that I supposedly had all in protection availible to me
which was not used. If my hand would have won, would you be giving me
the maximum I could have won on the hand? No, of course not.

I welcome the $15 you have credited me with, but given that this has
happened twice, I think $30 would be more appropriate.

I would also like to know if it is Absolute's intention to lift a
player's chips immediately upon disconnection? Or if this was an
error which has since been rectified?

My thanks,

Kc

The response was truely Earth shattering;

Hello again!

Please send me another email that includes only what you want to say and not quotations from previous messages, which result in confusing emails.

Sincerely,

Ron Cole
AP Support

It was at or about this point that I decided to leave them to it...plus they put the button on the big blind heads up.

Kc
killcrazy est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old May 27, 2005, 10:44pm   #2
NorthView
Professional

NorthView

They treated you like shit.
You took appropriate action and publicised their scuminess as well.
Good play.
NorthView est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2005, 10:31pm   #3
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Absolute poker killed my father, and raped my mother.

Kc
Old May 28, 2005, 11:50pm   #4
NorthView
Professional

NorthView

Absolute poker corrupts absolutely.
Old May 28, 2005, 11:53pm   #5
Elizabeth
Grinder

Elizabeth

I had a frustrating experience with their customer service department and closed my account several months ago. They were ridiculous.
Old May 29, 2005, 3:21am   #6
killcrazy
Apex Predator

it's not like i generate $25/table/hour in rake or anything...

Kc
Old May 29, 2005, 5:02am   #7
sffan72
Grinder

sffan72
Default Re: Absolute

Quote:
Originally Posted by killcrazy
(iv) Their entire staff of two monkeys, three high school drop outs and one bag of wet shit have a grand total of 8 braincells between them, and 7 of those are dedicated to not dribbling.

How many of the 7 were engaged in fights with each other?

Quote:
That is to say, their customer service leaves a lot to be desired.
I'm honestly surprised after the first quote above you actually felt like typing the second.

And the final response from their support is just breathtaking. Obviously the monkeys were not fed enough.
Old May 31, 2005, 9:55pm   #8
Ibluff
Brunson

Ibluff
Send a message via Yahoo to Ibluff

I think 8 is a large over-estimation...

I got into a lengthy debate with a friend of mine regarding different sites and their RNG's. Most sites will send you everything but their algorithm (site links, references, contact name and phone numbers, first born, etc...) to prove that their RNG is legit.

Then I came to absolute. I went back and forth with one of their monkeys for 4-5 e-mails. My simple question was "who verifies your RNG?" He/She/It couldn’t' answer this question. They just made statements like "industry leading...," and "fair and unpredictable..." I would respond by saying "Prove it!" They couldn't. The monkey actually told me he had to escalate to his supervisor because he didn't understand what I was asking and of course I never heard from them again.

http://www.absolutepoker.com/pokerInfoIntegrity.asp

Their site mentions nothing about a 3rd party verification which should scare any player.

On a side note, I was looking at their site while typing this and noticed that they finally included their licensing information on their home page. However, their license expires today. How much do you want to bet it's not updated tomorrow!

http://www.hmagc.com/cgi-bin/verify....e=5GR74YDCS2T8
Ibluff est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2005, 10:14pm   #9
NorthView
Professional

NorthView

The "Haldimand Mohocks and Allies Gaming Commission's Gaming Laws and Gaming Regulations".
Old May 31, 2005, 10:47pm   #10
killcrazy
Apex Predator

absolute has seemed far streakier than other sites, to me at least. but then you are going to find one site the most streaky because one of them has to be

I also have about a $2k hole I can't account for when I came to do my books there...that is to say I have more money than I can account for

Kc