THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > Strategy > Limit Hold'em and Miscellaneous Strategy

Old Jun 13, 2005, 2:44am   #11
lilsewon
Doyle Look-alike

lilsewon
Send a message via AIM to lilsewon
Default Re: Question about playing those medium hands...

Quote:
Originally Posted by killcrazy

So KJ QJ and any of these suited I raise, the rest I limp.

Kc
Are u usually able to lay down a hand pretty quick with these type of hands if you find you're dominated or worse? When would you lay it down if you did? Or do u usually check/call with top pair?

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Jun 13, 2005, 2:57am   #12
weknowhowtolive
Doyle Look-alike

weknowhowtolive
Send a message via Yahoo to weknowhowtolive

Actually, my question is similiar. If you're playing say QJ and there is AQJ down and someone is raising, do you worry about AQ or AJ?
weknowhowtolive est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2005, 12:42pm   #13
xenthebrain
I am so smart. S-M-R-T

xenthebrain is a glorious beacon of lightxenthebrain is a glorious beacon of lightxenthebrain is a glorious beacon of lightxenthebrain is a glorious beacon of lightxenthebrain is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Question about playing those medium hands...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilsewon
Quote:

So KJ QJ and any of these suited I raise, the rest I limp.

Kc
Are u usually able to lay down a hand pretty quick with these type of hands if you find you're dominated or worse? When would you lay it down if you did? Or do u usually check/call with top pair?
No, you usually bet out yourself.
But it depends on the texture of the board.

If there are flush and straight draws and you get raised I wouldn't get out so easily (not for a single raise).
If the board doesn't over many draws and your kicker is very weak and you get raised from a passive player you can make a loose call on the flop and fold the turn unimproved.
xenthebrain est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2005, 10:51pm   #14
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by weknowhowtolive
Quote:
Quote:
i would disagree with QT or the likes being suited. If your flush does hit, someone most likely will beat it. I think unless you get top pair with a flush draw for backup with not much action, or two pair, dump it. I play QT a lot and could care less if its suited... i would rather it wasnt, to be honest. Ive hit 4 quad 10s off it in the past month, and a few straights/boats. Once the flush is there and someone is betting i usually get out.
wtf?

your answer was incorrect, the penalty is death.

Kc
How is my answer incorrect? I simply said i disagree.
I was refering to the 80 or so words after "disagree" where you talk a tremendous amount of shite.

if your flush hits someone probably has it beat?

you'd rather your hand was unsuited?

what the fuck is wrong with you?

Kc
killcrazy est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2005, 11:00pm   #15
weknowhowtolive
Doyle Look-alike

weknowhowtolive

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
i would disagree with QT or the likes being suited. If your flush does hit, someone most likely will beat it. I think unless you get top pair with a flush draw for backup with not much action, or two pair, dump it. I play QT a lot and could care less if its suited... i would rather it wasnt, to be honest. Ive hit 4 quad 10s off it in the past month, and a few straights/boats. Once the flush is there and someone is betting i usually get out.
wtf?

your answer was incorrect, the penalty is death.

Kc
How is my answer incorrect? I simply said i disagree.
I was refering to the 80 or so words after "disagree" where you talk a tremendous amount of shite.

if your flush hits someone probably has it beat?

you'd rather your hand was unsuited?

what the fuck is wrong with you?

Kc
I dont know I just looked at the date and i think i was drunk. i dont remember typing that stuff
Old Jun 13, 2005, 11:15pm   #16
Elizabeth
Grinder

Elizabeth

Quote:
I dont know I just looked at the date and i think i was drunk. i dont remember typing that stuff
That explains a lot.

Old Jun 14, 2005, 3:12pm   #17
Woosta2
Doyle Look-alike

Woosta2
Send a message via AIM to Woosta2 Send a message via Yahoo to Woosta2

Quote:
Actually, my question is similiar. If you're playing say QJ and there is AQJ down and someone is raising, do you worry about AQ or AJ?
No, in limit, bet it like it's hott. A very few times, someone will have AQ or AJ. When you win the pot, you'll make more than you'll lose if you lose the pot. This bet is a winner, long-term.

If anything, you may want to fear the straight, or further straight draw cards on the turn / river. AK, with TPTK and a 4 out draw should be raising here, but you have it beat. People often play the cards that are going to make this straight, so just keep that in mind when putting people on hands.

Still, two pair of high cards is nice. Bet it hard enough and hope to be raised by a nice ace, so that you can shove the drawers out or at least make their calls a mistake.
Old Jun 14, 2005, 11:35pm   #18
weknowhowtolive
Doyle Look-alike

weknowhowtolive

So i was drunk when i posted the stuff about QT suited being a trap flush and dont remember saying it. After that Kc came along and in his usual way tried to make me look like a fool and did a good job of it. Last night, i was reading Super System, and on page 402, i am backed up 100% by Baldwin. Oh well, guess he's a moron too.
Old Jun 15, 2005, 12:44am   #19
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
After that Kc came along and in his usual way tried to make me look like a fool
you do it to yourself,

Quote:
Last night, i was reading Super System, and on page 402, i am backed up 100% by Baldwin.
No you aren't, and everyone knows you can't read.

Kc
Old Jun 15, 2005, 1:03am   #20
weknowhowtolive
Doyle Look-alike

weknowhowtolive

interesting...

"When there are 3 suited cards on the Flop, there are a few things that are important to keep in mind. The Ace-High flush draw is really the ONLY one that can be played with any confidence on flops like this. Drawing to the King-high Flush is likely to make you a second-best hand, and any lower draw should NOT even be considered." - Bobby Baldwin, Super/System, Page 402, Second Paragraph.