THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > Strategy > Limit Hold'em and Miscellaneous Strategy

Old Jun 15, 2005, 12:18am   #21
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

He's talking about when you have one card of the suit in your hand and are drawing on the flush, not when you have a suited hand and the made flush.

Do you have to practise to be this retarded?

Kc

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Jun 15, 2005, 12:20am   #22
weknowhowtolive
Doyle Look-alike

weknowhowtolive
Send a message via Yahoo to weknowhowtolive

Quote:
Originally Posted by killcrazy
He's talking about when you have one card of the suit in your hand and are drawing on the flush, not when you have a suited hand and the made flush.

Do you have to practise to be this retarded?

Kc
Holy shit, he is talking about DRAWING TO A FLUSH. Read the fucking chapter, it covers 2 card draws too, i just didnt feel like typing a whole entire page out. Its called "DRAWING TO A HAND" and it shouldnt be hard for a genius like you to find.

And surely you mean PRACTICE...oh wait...is that a variant just like "could care less"
weknowhowtolive est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2005, 12:22am   #23
ImAllInNow
Grinder

ImAllInNow

That is talking about DRAWING to the flush when there are three of a flush on the board. Ex. Th5h2h on the flop and you have Ah7s. He is saying that you should not draw to lower flushes in this situation. Nowhere in there does he say that you should not bet 9h8h like it's the nuts because you defititely should until there is any evidence that someone else really really likes their hand.

Looks like Kc beat me to this post.
ImAllInNow est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2005, 12:29am   #24
weknowhowtolive
Doyle Look-alike

weknowhowtolive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImAllInNow
. Nowhere in there does he say that you should not bet 9h8h like it's the nuts because you defititely should until there is any evidence that someone else really really likes their hand.
Actually it is in there on 398 and 399 under "draws that should be played CAUTIOUSLY" where he talks more about suited connectors. I may have been wrong with what i said about the QT example, but again , i was drunk. As far as your 89 example, i think those might even be the cards he uses in the book. that or 78.

(all this is suited hole cards with 2 on the board which is what we were talking about)
Old Jun 15, 2005, 12:35am   #25
ImAllInNow
Grinder

ImAllInNow

Right, DRAWS to low flushes should be played cautiously because you may have to discount your odds to hit the flush when there are a number of people in the pot because A. someone is drawing to a lower flush than you and taking away your outs, or B. someone is drawing to a higher flush and you're drawing dead. You have lower effective odds because of the chance that someone has the better draw.

This only affects whether or not you stay with a DRAW or not. If you already have the flush, there's no reason not to play it hard until someone shows great strength. Then you should probably just call him down unless you have a perfect read on him or there are multiple people raising on a paired board.
Old Jun 15, 2005, 12:39am   #26
ImAllInNow
Grinder

ImAllInNow

Quote:
Originally Posted by weknowhowtolive
(all this is suited hole cards with 2 on the board which is what we were talking about)
I don't see where we were really talking about draws. This whole argument was started by you saying this:

Quote:
i would disagree with QT or the likes being suited. If your flush does hit, someone most likely will beat it.
This sounds like you already have the flush and think you're beat. I believe we are arguing two different situations: Having the flush, and drawing to it.
Old Jun 15, 2005, 1:19am   #27
lilsewon
Doyle Look-alike

lilsewon
Send a message via AIM to lilsewon

So...we should play these hands or we shouldn't? Hehe...I can really feel the love eminating from this here thread.
Old Jun 15, 2005, 2:09am   #28
the_fox31
Resident Fox

the_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud of

Maybe I can sum up. When the board has 3 of a suit, any flush will do. When the board has 4 of a suit, only the ace flush is worth going crazy over. So...

If you have 1 low heart, and the board has 3 hearts, you should not draw, because the 4th heart will probably make a higher flush for someone else.

If you have the ace of hearts, and the board has 3 hearts, then draw. Hopefully someone else will hit a lower flush and be dumb enough to pay you off.

If you have any 2 hearts, and the board comes 3 hearts, bet like crazy, don't fear the higher flush (wthing reason) untill a 4th heart comes on the board.

If you have any 2 hearts, and the board comes 2 hearts, draw, as if you hit, you are probably good.

I think that's right...
Old Jun 15, 2005, 6:00am   #29
weknowhowtolive
Doyle Look-alike

weknowhowtolive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImAllInNow
Quote:
I don't see where we were really talking about draws. This whole argument was started by you saying this:

Quote:
i would disagree with QT or the likes being suited. If your flush does hit, someone most likely will beat it.
This sounds like you already have the flush and think you're beat. I believe we are arguing two different situations: Having the flush, and drawing to it.
Yes, you're right, we are.
Old Jun 15, 2005, 7:29am   #30
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

so in summary, wedontknowwhatwe'retalkingabout is wrong as usual and everyone else is right?

Kc