THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Jun 30, 2005, 4:13am   #1
SuperJon
Flop Artist

SuperJon
Send a message via AIM to SuperJon
Default Pissed!!!!!!

Just got knocked out of a $5 multi, 367 players, top 40 get paid. Came in 36th place.

The two hands that led to my demise are in following order:

1. KA on the button, blinds 500-1000, I raise 3000. Two callers, hit King on flop, go all-in, guy catches gut shot on the river.

2. The next hand, KA suited, I make the same raise, this guy that limped in goes all-in. I quickly call and he turns over K9 of diamonds. Needless to say, the flop comes all diamonds.

disgusting.

This is the first tournament I've decided to use my new strategy in, and besides the two beats, I'd say it worked out fairly well. I'll keep trying, and if this strategy works, I'll be sure to post it.
SuperJon est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Jun 30, 2005, 5:55am   #2
NorthView
Professional

NorthView

I'm interested in any strategy that get's me another hand after I've lost one all in.
NorthView est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2005, 8:22am   #3
KMoney
Flop Artist

KMoney
Send a message via MSN to KMoney

Quote:
I'm interested in any strategy that get's me another hand after I've lost one all in.
Stumped by the math are we???
KMoney est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2005, 8:28am   #4
NorthView
Professional

NorthView

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMoney
Quote:
Yes. I was under the impression that x-x=0. Please correct me.
Old Jun 30, 2005, 12:15pm   #5
SuperJon
Flop Artist

SuperJon
Send a message via AIM to SuperJon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthView
Quote:
Quote:

i guess it's all dependent on what x equals
SuperJon est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2005, 12:51pm   #6
xenthebrain
I am so smart. S-M-R-T

xenthebrain is a glorious beacon of lightxenthebrain is a glorious beacon of lightxenthebrain is a glorious beacon of lightxenthebrain is a glorious beacon of lightxenthebrain is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperJon
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthView
Quote:
Quote:

i guess it's all dependent on what x equals
x-x=0 is defined for x€R, so no, it doesn't matter
xenthebrain est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2005, 2:01pm   #7
Iestyn75
Professional

Iestyn75 will become famous soon enoughIestyn75 will become famous soon enough

I was assuming that his all in caller in hand one started shorter stacked than himself so:

hand one x-y=z
hand two z-z=0
Iestyn75 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2005, 8:15pm   #8
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

i love how northview comes up with horsecrap like this and then will try to claim the intellectual high ground in the next thread by putting a bucket over his head and waving spatulas about.

Kc
Old Jun 30, 2005, 8:26pm   #9
KMoney
Flop Artist

KMoney
Send a message via MSN to KMoney

Quote:
i love how northview comes up with horsecrap like this and then will try to claim the intellectual high ground in the next thread by putting a bucket over his head and waving spatulas about.
I thought that was something that he learned from his time spent touring with Cirque du Soleil!
KMoney est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2005, 9:24pm   #10
NorthView
Professional

NorthView

"horsecrap". A bit rich coming from the Prince of Pedantry himself, no?

"putting a bucket over his head and waving spatulas"
It took me a while but I've finally realised how you produce this meaningless-drivel-disguised-as-insight: you choose some random nouns from a dictionary, throw in a verb and hope no one tells you what a cunt you are.

This strategy of yours works fine with the posters who (for reasons known only to themselves) are clearly keen to ingratiate themselves with you and generally pander to your increasingly-ridiculous ego and pomposity.

Having said this, you've got much to offer (though your early brag of being a "lead guitarist in a rock band" jarred the bones of one raised in the rock environs of 70's/80's London, and screamed "talentless poseur") even if it's restricted to the narrow confines of poker, but...I hate to say this... I really have seen it all before and I can see where you're heading. I hope you haven't completely burned your bridges with the shrinks... that's said not in any way as a put down, but out of genuine concern for someone flying a little too close to the sun.

FACT: people with acute psychological problems shouldn't smoke weed heavily unless they want to exacerbate those problems.

Now do yourself a BIG favour: take your turgid Van Halen albums off, listen to The Madcap Laughs, and take heed.