Old Jul 09, 2005, 5:38am   #1
Jason1
Grinder

Jason1 is on a distinguished road
Default I think this was the worst play ever in poker

5 card stud.

three players.

-Im dealt A6 diamonds

-other guys have lower cards and do the bring in.

-it comes to me so i raise.

-everyone calls.

-third card is dealt

-player 1 shows 4 and Q of clubs

-player two shows two small of suited cards (2, 6)

-I am showing two Aces

-I again raise

-PLAYER 1 RERAISES ME !

-player 2 folds........obviously

-down to me and player one, so we have a raising match and cap it.

-4th cards are dealt. 6 of clubs for player one and i am dealt a jack.

-so far player one is showing 3 clubs, highest is a queen.

- i bet, PLAYER ONE RERAISES ME !!!

-we cap the raising again.

-the 5th card is dealt. I am dealt some small of suited card..... player one gets the A of clubs !!!! he has 4 clubs showing !!

- i bet, he raises me

- i am sitting thinking there is no way this guy can have the flush. i figure im in for a penny in for a pound so i just call

- he flips his door card over and its an ace.

- he has a pair of aces with a Q kicker and i have a pair of aces with a J kicker.

SO, he was capping the raises with absolute crap the entire time, whilst he knew three Aces were already out and only one remained in the deck, hoping i wouldnt get it or another pair, and hoping he would get the other ace and have me outkicked with the queen and THAT was the only way he could of won......AND HE DID !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! , what is the math on that !!!!!!! like 2% ??!?.......if that ?
Jason1 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Jul 09, 2005, 5:51am   #2
SuperJon
Flop Artist

SuperJon
Send a message via AIM to SuperJon

he had 4 clubs showing, you're stupid for playing that hand like you did.
SuperJon est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 09, 2005, 2:47pm   #3
Jason1
Grinder

oh really ?

we're playing 5 stud, and three cards are showing. i have a pair of aces showing all he has showing is 4 Q of clubs and he dares to raise then even caps my raises. the best he could of had was queens and hoped for trips or two pair. then the third card he gets another club and is a lower card. his best hand so far is a pair of queens. and the betting is capped.

so where did i screw up bud. do you know how to play stud. you get two initial cards. one up and one down then you get each one as you bet. i had him totally hammered the entire time. i was thinking at BEST he had a 2% chance, probably less becuase he knew i had the other two aces plus if i had the 4th ace, the king or a queen i would of beaten him. if you do the math on the entire hand its probably like .5-1% he had to win. i think your better off to get caught by lightening than him to win that hand

and lastely he didnt have the flush, his down card (door card) was the ace of spades. so he had absolutely NOTHING the entire time. i understand his call the first bet cuz he had an ace just like i did. but when the third card was dealt and i had a pair of aces up showing........ i mean........that was just idiotic, thats luck in its purest form
Old Jul 09, 2005, 3:56pm   #4
Notjitsu
Professional

Notjitsu will become famous soon enoughNotjitsu will become famous soon enough

I would have folded to his reraise.
Notjitsu est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2005, 1:03am   #5
KTC
Grinder

KTC will become famous soon enough

Luck it might be, you possibly could have just check call the last street when he has 4 clubs showing. With 4 suited showing, one is always going to bet representing the flush whether the player's got it or not. If the player does have a flush, or have same pair with better kicker like in this case, you lose one less bet.

I wouldn't have folded to his reraise on the last street though like Notjitsu suggest, as did have top pair and the player could have just be representing he's gotten lucky and had flush or as in the actual case, top pair better kicker and try to get you to put down the best hand.
KTC est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2005, 1:56am   #6
Notjitsu
Professional

Notjitsu will become famous soon enoughNotjitsu will become famous soon enough

No, I would have folded on 3rd street. Online stud games are all rigged, and you can tell he was going to win in the end by his betting.
Notjitsu est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2005, 3:01am   #7
Hustlr
║▌║█║▌║▌││║▌║

Hustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via ICQ to Hustlr Send a message via AIM to Hustlr

Why did you bet on the river with 4 clubs showing? Most of the time, he will have the flush. Are you just praying for a re-raise? Check call would have been my route.

But yeah.... pretty queer hand. He got lucky, take notes on him.
Hustlr est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2005, 4:10am   #8
miser
Grinder

miser is on a distinguished road

Quote:
his down card (door card)
Door card is your first up card.
Old Jul 10, 2005, 4:17am   #9
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

i really don't care for the original poster's play...

Kc
Old Jul 10, 2005, 2:54pm   #10
Jason1
Grinder

KC, your kidding right ?

imagine that guys your sitting there playing a 5 card only game and you have two aces showing and this guy can have nothing more than a pair of queens and your reraised and capped twice when all the visable cards can NOT have you beat.

and to the other guys, if you read i did just call when the 4 clubs were showing. i didnt raise and reraise because i was first to bet. but i figured i had bet all put all that money in i was at least just going to call. i think it would of been foolish to get in a raising match at the 5th card... so like i siad i just called. his down card wasnt a club so if he didnt have that ace he would of had to of folded, or call and lose.

KC, what would you of done ? folded the the best showing hand for 4 cards in a row ? right right

the guy got pure piss ass lucky plain and simple, i played the hand right to a T if i do say so myself. i just got a bad beat, and i think thats perfect of a bad beat right there