THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Jul 13, 2005, 2:46am   #1
lilsewon
Doyle Look-alike

lilsewon
Send a message via AIM to lilsewon
Default $5/$10 much harder than $2/$4?

I was doin some scouting on Party at the $5/$10 tables, and saw that there are still several people with like 40% - 60% VP$IP's. It looked almost the same as a standard $2/$4 table there. I think the PFR's were a little higher generally, but still. Is $5/$10 that much harder? Statistically it doesn't look that much differnent.

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Jul 13, 2005, 5:09am   #2
Hustlr
║▌║█║▌║▌││║▌║

Hustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via ICQ to Hustlr Send a message via AIM to Hustlr

Are you jumping past 3/6? Or just scouting out of curiosity.

I cant answer your question though, never played 5/10.
Hustlr est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2005, 12:07pm   #3
ggnh
Disco

ggnh is a name known to allggnh is a name known to allggnh is a name known to allggnh is a name known to allggnh is a name known to allggnh is a name known to all
Default Re: $5/$10 much harder than $2/$4?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilsewon
I was doin some scouting on Party at the $5/$10 tables, and saw that there are still several people with like 40% - 60% VP$IP's. It looked almost the same as a standard $2/$4 table there. I think the PFR's were a little higher generally, but still. Is $5/$10 that much harder? Statistically it doesn't look that much differnent.
I can't answer that for you, BUT my personal experience ( and I am a relative noob ) when I moved from 1/2 up to 2/4 playing against the same people in the 1/2 I didn't see much difference until I played and lost a good portion of my bankroll....
ggnh est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2005, 12:18pm   #4
lilsewon
Doyle Look-alike

lilsewon
Send a message via AIM to lilsewon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustlr
Are you jumping past 3/6? Or just scouting out of curiosity.
Just curiosity.
Old Jul 13, 2005, 8:59pm   #5
jpps1
Brunson

jpps1

I played 5/10 for a bit the last two nights (about 400 hands total) , well above my BR...

Even though it was a pretty small sample, I didn't find it that difficult. I was getting very bad cards, and still managed to make 5 BB/100, up until the end, when I started getting good cards...and they got cracked. I went on serious tilt (re: check-calling middle pair) and lost all of my winnings (plus a bit more) in the space of about 25 hands.

Overall, the table was not that tough--it wasn't uber-aggressive or particularly tricky, and I'm only a $1/2 player. If I had the BR for it, I might have been able to sustain myself a little better.
jpps1 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2005, 9:42pm   #6
Hustlr
║▌║█║▌║▌││║▌║

Hustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via ICQ to Hustlr Send a message via AIM to Hustlr

$1/$2 to $5/$10 is quite the jump. Nothing in between sparked your interest?

Dont ruin your progress at 1/2 by playing in a much larger game just for the hell of it.
Hustlr est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2005, 10:35pm   #7
jpps1
Brunson

jpps1

Funny thing is, I was pretty competitive for the first 375 out of 400 hands...I definitely felt I could handle it (at least the 3/6) if only I had the bankroll to make smarter choices.

I was having one of those typical suckout nights at 1/2, and I wanted to go to a level where players made somewhat smarter choices (needless to say, I was in a rather impatient mood). I heard 5/10 is where that starts to show through, so I decided to play there.

I think I could be a good poker player someday if not for my mental makeup.
jpps1 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2005, 11:30pm   #8
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpps1
I definitely felt I could handle it if only I had the bankroll to make smarter choices.
you might want to think about that a little.

Kc
Old Jul 14, 2005, 2:27pm   #9
ggnh
Disco

ggnh is a name known to allggnh is a name known to allggnh is a name known to allggnh is a name known to allggnh is a name known to allggnh is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustlr
Dont ruin your progress at 1/2 by playing in a much larger game just for the hell of it.
GOOD ADVICE! I am living proof of that statement..... lesson learned the hard way ;)
ggnh est déconnecté   Reply With Quote