THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > Strategy > No-Limit Hold'em Ring Games

Old Jul 20, 2005, 10:07pm   #21
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

I'd have raised to 500 preflop and jammed the flop.

Kc

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Jul 22, 2005, 2:29am   #22
Largadon
Brunson

Largadon

Men the master did the same thing at the 2004 WSOP ..the flop had 2 hearts and men pushed all in to protect his hand.Unfortunately the guy called and caught a heart. Anyway whats good for men is good for any of us.
Largadon est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2005, 8:14am   #23
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

er...how about no?

men is a poor player (IMHO) and a known cheat. i see very little about him worth emulating.

Kc
Old Jul 22, 2005, 3:39pm   #24
Largadon
Brunson

Largadon

What means (IMHO) and how can u say a guy with the master in his name is a poor player... i think calling with a flush draw is a poor play, as a matter of fact any all in call when ur an underdog is a poor play

by the way i think when Men went all in the pot was relatively small so the guy didnt had pot odds to make his call, but i think he made his call based on Get Men Out Of the Table odds
Old Jul 22, 2005, 3:50pm   #25
SlightlyAskew
Brunson

SlightlyAskew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Largadon
What means (IMHO)
In my humble opinion

Quote:
but i think he made his call based on Get Men Out Of the Table odds(IMHO)
The first intelligent thing you've ever said (of course you follow it with the IMHO, when you just claimed you didn't know what it meant. Phuktard). If I somehow made it to a final table against the pros, where I knew I would be outplayed, I would be more than happy to get my money in against AA with a flush draw on the flop. I know I couldn't really compete against that level of player, so I'm all for drawing at a chance to bust someone who is better than I am.
SlightlyAskew est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2005, 5:10pm   #26
killcrazy
Apex Predator

Quote:
as a matter of fact any all in call when ur an underdog is a poor play
$25 million dollars in the pot, 10c on you to call preflop heads up, you have 32o

fold?

Kc
Old Jul 25, 2005, 2:23am   #27
SuperJon
Flop Artist

SuperJon
Send a message via AIM to SuperJon

Not sure if anyone has said this to the guy with the Aces, but just because the flop is rags and you have AA doesn't necessarily mean you have the best hand. With a flop like J, 2, 3, someone could easily have limped in with 22 or 33, or maybe even JJ. But I would've raised at least 500-800 preflop.
SuperJon est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2005, 10:12pm   #28
chefski
Grinder

chefski

Thanks all. But, like I said earlier, AA's are tough to play pre and post-flop unless you hit the nuts. You often give away your hand with aggressive play (i.e. win small pots) and get cracked giving people the opportunity to outdraw you.

I think the overall message is to reduce the field as much as possible given the situation and proceed with caution post-flop. In looking back at all my hands, I think I'm about 50/50 with AA's, but I've been knocked out a lot with them.

Good luck to all.

chefski est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2005, 5:27am   #29
hiphopanonymous
Flop Artist

hiphopanonymous

how often do you see a call on the flop, and an all in on the turn, when the turn couldn't have helped a hand other than a flush draw? you rarely call and see a bluff here.

if you can't lay that hand down, its a leak in your game.
hiphopanonymous est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 01, 2005, 1:45am   #30
Largadon
Brunson

Largadon

Slight first of all who the fock are you?, second i watched my post and i dont see any IMHO after get men out , and 3rd who the fock are you?