THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Aug 05, 2005, 2:52pm   #1
lilsewon
Doyle Look-alike

lilsewon
Send a message via AIM to lilsewon
Default $0.5/$1 or $2/$4?

If I can make 5BB/100/table at .5/1 and 1BB/100/table at $2/$4....should I play at .5/1 cuz it's more money?

And it's a lot easier on the nerves...

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Aug 05, 2005, 3:08pm   #2
Fredrik
Professional

Fredrik will become famous soon enoughFredrik will become famous soon enough

If your results are that much different, I would guess that 70% of the difference was caused by a good run of cards at the .5/1 tables. 5 BB/100 hands is a very good result, almost impossibly good. You probably just haven't had any big down swings there.

If you have a bankroll of about $1000, I think you should play 2/4, and only move down (temporarily) if you lose about half of that. If your bankroll is much smaller or much bigger, your decision should be easier.

Anyway, I think 2/4 is a good level to practice at for a long time before moving up to higher levels. Don't even think about moving up to 3/6 until you've played at least 50K hands.
Fredrik est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 05, 2005, 3:15pm   #3
lilsewon
Doyle Look-alike

lilsewon

Recently I can't even make 1BB/100 at $2/$4. My bankroll is more than sufficient. I'm getting hands...but the draw outs and better made hands are gross and make me queasy (recently that is).

So I'm on a pretty consistent negative swing at $2/$4. It's scares me now. So at least for now I'm gonna take a breather at $.5/$1 and just have a good time. But I'll keep all that in mind, and come back when my confidence is back up.
Old Aug 05, 2005, 3:21pm   #4
aseyer
Grinder

aseyer is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to aseyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredrik
If your results are that much different, I would guess that 70% of the difference was caused by a good run of cards at the .5/1 tables. 5 BB/100 hands is a very good result, almost impossibly good. You probably just haven't had any big down swings there.
5BB/100 is very reasonable at a microlimit table. I pulled 10BB/100 at the 6-handed .50/1, and 5BB at a full game.
Old Aug 05, 2005, 6:23pm   #5
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

i make more than 5 BB/100 at $10-20...

Kc
Old Aug 07, 2005, 5:21am   #6
Fredrik
Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseyer
5BB/100 is very reasonable at a microlimit table. I pulled 10BB/100 at the 6-handed .50/1, and 5BB at a full game.
Yes, but for how long? One day last week I won 10 BB/100 playing 5/10, but only for about 800 hands. In spite of that result, I'm not even sure I'm winning at all.

I'm not ruling out that a very good player can make 5 BB/100 playing .5/1, but I'm very sure that a player who is still playing 2/4 can't.

By the way, I don't consider 0.5/1 microlimit. 0.5/1 is a low limit game full of very weak players, but it's very different from e.g. 0.05/0.10.
Old Aug 07, 2005, 1:12pm   #7
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Should I just repost my first reply?

Kc
Old Aug 07, 2005, 2:33pm   #8
Fredrik
Professional

I'm sorry Killcrazy, I know you're a very good player, but I just can't believe you're that good (or that anyone is), not without some sort of proof. I have no doubt that you've been at 5 BB/100 or more for a few thousand hands, several times, but I don't believe you can keep that up for much longer than that.
Old Aug 07, 2005, 3:31pm   #9
lilsewon
Doyle Look-alike

lilsewon

Haha
Old Aug 07, 2005, 5:05pm   #10
killcrazy
Apex Predator

fortunately, it isn't a matter of belief.

Kc