Old Aug 08, 2005, 2:00am   #11
aseyer
Grinder

aseyer is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to aseyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredrik
Yes, but for how long?
For as long as I needed to move up limits.

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Aug 08, 2005, 7:40am   #12
Fredrik
Professional

Fredrik will become famous soon enoughFredrik will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseyer
Weren't you a rather experinced NL player before you started playing limit? (Maybe I'm confusing you with someone else). If you were, you probably moved up pretty quickly.
Fredrik est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 08, 2005, 8:15am   #13
Fredrik
Professional

Fredrik will become famous soon enoughFredrik will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by killcrazy
fortunately, it isn't a matter of belief.
That's what all believers say.
Fredrik est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 08, 2005, 1:27pm   #14
aseyer
Grinder

aseyer is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to aseyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredrik
Quote:
Originally Posted by aseyer
Weren't you a rather experinced NL player before you started playing limit? (Maybe I'm confusing you with someone else). If you were, you probably moved up pretty quickly.
Yes, but I rarely called anyone down with Ace-high in NL except when playing heads-up. On limit it happens regularly. Being a successful NL player doesn't translate into limit success, and I can't play both simultaneously.

And you know who's handy to have on IM when you playing limit? Kc.
Old Aug 08, 2005, 4:02pm   #15
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

so I went and nudged a friend who keeps meticulous records and got him to pull his $2-4 stats. Keeping in mind the fact that he plays anywhere from 4 to 8 tables concurrently, his BB/100 was 5.1 over 70000 hands.

So that's the end of that discussion

Kc
Old Aug 08, 2005, 4:20pm   #16
StampyDodo
Doyle Look-alike

StampyDodo

The discussion of if it’s possible to make 5bb/100 hands is officially over..

Now let the more important discussion of how the hell you do it begin…
StampyDodo est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 08, 2005, 5:35pm   #17
lilsewon
Doyle Look-alike

lilsewon
Send a message via AIM to lilsewon

yeah, wouldn't that be nice. tengo un poquito pregunta. at low limits...would you say the key is just being very aggressive and pushing ppl around...or being kind of passive/aggressive and waiting for the right moment to attack?
Old Aug 08, 2005, 6:07pm   #18
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

to comprehensively beat internet low limit hold'em you will require

(i) solid hand selection, extending to;
(ii) the benefits of position as well as;
(iii) an understanding of what hands play well heads up and which hands play well multiway.
(iv) an effective flop repertoire including;
(v) controlling the action and;
(vi) manipulating the betting.
(vii) turn play, specifically;
(viii) delaying a raise with a strong flopped hand and;
(ix) the ability to release weak draws that are no longer economically viable.
(x) river shenanigans, not only;
(xi) value betting and value calling, but also;
(xii) knowing you need a stronger hand to overcall than you do to call!
(xiii) a perpetually looped tape of Addicted To Love by Robert Palmer.

Kc
Old Aug 08, 2005, 8:29pm   #19
Learner
Fish

Learner
Default Really good upswing?

Guys, I am brand new to the real money game. This past weekend I went on a binge and played 4500 hands (.50/1 at 6 max tables) and ended up 11.66 BB/100.

Some of you have mentioned that sustaining such a return on investment is impossible ... is this really true? My PokerTracker stats show a fairly steady hourly return, peaking at about midnight (eastern time). I am not trying to brag, and apologize if I appear to be gloating.

Is 4500 hands considered just a great upswing, or should I discount the results based upon sample size? If I can clear $650 in just a weekend of play, should I just be satisfied with the return. Any comments are appreciated.

Also, my biggest question is ... do any of you play like this: at .50/1 6 max, only entering the game with 12.50 (I play 2 tables) ... I find that this really helps me tighten up my play. If I double my money I tend to leave the table and start anew. Also, as for money management, I cash out every time I go up $50 (my bankroll remains at $100).

May the PokerGods be with you!
Learner est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 08, 2005, 9:04pm   #20
lilsewon
Doyle Look-alike

lilsewon
Send a message via AIM to lilsewon

It's definitely not IMPOSSIBLE to sustain that kind of gain, but it's highly unlikely it'll stay there forever. However, just from 4500 hands at 11BB/100 shows that u probably know what your doin. But I would definitely not expect it to stay that high. But then again you might be the next Barry you never know. Even if ur wins go down to something like 3-5BB/100, that's still very good, so don't be disappointed if that happens.

In regards to the money management...I would definitely consider starting an increasing bankroll...and try to move up limits. 300 big bets is the standard for any limit (ex. have $300 for $.5/$1 or $600 for $1/$2). This is to sustain any major downswings you might experience. But yeah if you can handle .5/1 pretty well...I would definitely start building some money in the bankroll and try to move up some limits once you reach 300BB of that limit. GL.