THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Sep 06, 2005, 10:18pm   #21
StinkPaw
Flop Artist

StinkPaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese Wire
Just a random thought but does anyone think it would be a good idea if when it gets to heads up there would option to split? I can't imagine it being used very often but i dont see why the option shouldn't be available.
Deals happened in big tourneys, but are not as common as they once were. In the 1995 WSOP Championship, Dan Harrington tried making a deal when it got down to three. They refused and he went on to win.

I thought I read that WPT et al. are not allowing deals in their major events as they diminish the TV drama. Example: if 1st paid $3 million and 2nd paid $1 mil, the players may agree to each take 1.75 mil and play for the additional 500k. But that doesn’t make for good TV, so they aren’t allowing it anymore.

I was recently heads-up in a satellite for a tourney that had a $500 buy-in. My opponent gave me $275 to give him the seat. So deals can happen in small tourneys as well.

SP
StinkPaw est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Sep 06, 2005, 10:49pm   #22
Cheese Wire
Flop Artist

Cheese Wire

Ok, substitute random for slight tangent.

I know deals happen in live tournaments, just wondered why they didn't exhist in cyber land.
Cheese Wire est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 06, 2005, 11:37pm   #23
Ozone
The One Who Knocks

Ozone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Ozone

Deals do exist in cyber land. A lot of major online tournaments result in a final table deal. A deal is frequently made in PokerStars weekly $500k guaranteed tournament. Pokerstars recently changed their rules about deals and forced the players to leave $10,000 on the table for the winner (meaning that regardless of what deal is made, the players must finish playing the tournament and give 10k to the winner).

"How do I become more pro? I gotta learn math?" - fuedallord
Ozone est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 07, 2005, 12:59am   #24
Cheese Wire
Flop Artist

Cheese Wire

Thanks for that info i didn't realise it happened.

1 more day, 1 more thing learned
Cheese Wire est déconnecté   Reply With Quote