THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Aug 25, 2005, 3:20pm   #21
xenthebrain
I am so smart. S-M-R-T

xenthebrain is a glorious beacon of lightxenthebrain is a glorious beacon of lightxenthebrain is a glorious beacon of lightxenthebrain is a glorious beacon of lightxenthebrain is a glorious beacon of light

First of, I don't know if you can calculate SD like you did.

What is xi, the ith game you say, but what ith game? The amount won or lost I assume, but you don't say that.

I calculate SD like this:

xi = amount won in session i
ti = time of session i
T=sum(ti)
hr=sum(xi)/T (hourly rate)
with sum from i=1 to n, with n = number of sessions; i,neN

SD = sqrt[sum(xi²/ti)/n - T(hr)²/n]

br = bankroll
risk of ruin = e^(-br(2hr/SD²))

But this just on the sidenote.

You might be able to put it all in one calculation, ringgames and tourneys, but the figure will not help you alot.

The SD in tourneys will be totally different than the ones in your ringgames. Since your variance is much higher in tournaments.
You would even need a quiet big sample size to get a somehow accurate figure, since tournaments can be a bitch.

You would get more accurate numbers for your ringgames just using it's SD and HR and you can see if your bankroll is enough.

I never heard of using SD for tournament bankroll management, I think it's done with roi (return of investment), but I'm not a tournament player, so you have to inform yourself.
xenthebrain est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Aug 25, 2005, 4:46pm   #22
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

why is this kid vomiting math when he can't play poker yet?

Kc
Old Aug 25, 2005, 6:51pm   #23
nofuture
Brunson

nofuture

Thx xen for your answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killcrazy

Kc
I can. I play the highest limits possible at my site with ~30BB at 4 Tables. Thats better than lets say 90% of the players get, if you don't take into account the natural selection of players.
Old Aug 25, 2005, 6:57pm   #24
xenthebrain
I am so smart. S-M-R-T

xenthebrain is a glorious beacon of lightxenthebrain is a glorious beacon of lightxenthebrain is a glorious beacon of lightxenthebrain is a glorious beacon of lightxenthebrain is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofuture
I can. I play the highest limits possible at my site with ~30BB at 4 Tables. Thats better than lets say 90% of the players get, if you don't take into account the natural selection of players.
Which limit is that?
And do you play with 30BB at each table and then you have your whole bankroll on the tables?
Also, just sitting at a table with money is not part of a pokerskill
Old Aug 25, 2005, 9:25pm   #25
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
I can. I play the highest limits possible at my site with ~30BB at 4 Tables.
doesn't mean you beat them, and judging by the crap you've come up with here so far, I doubt you do.

wern't you kid I insulted about his making less than minimum wage and already deciding he's a pro?

fuck me and my $100/table/hour earn.

Kc
Old Aug 26, 2005, 10:46am   #26
nofuture
Brunson

nofuture

Quote:
Originally Posted by killcrazy
Quote:
I can. I play the highest limits possible at my site with ~30BB at 4 Tables.
doesn't mean you beat them, and judging by the crap you've come up with here so far, I doubt you do.

wern't you kid I insulted about his making less than minimum wage and already deciding he's a pro?

fuck me and my $100/table/hour earn.

Kc
Yes very good. You spend day and night in this forum to boust about with that. Don't you have a life besides poker?

Don't you know there are people at 1$/2$ who don't know what a flush draw is? From that alone I could make a living and perhaps will do. I didn't say I can play well, I just said I can play better than others.
Old Aug 26, 2005, 10:56am   #27
xenthebrain
I am so smart. S-M-R-T

No, we all don't ever have fun, are virgins, live in the garage and never see the sun because we don't go out and do not have any other talents.

Geez, when will people get that this "Ok, I know you are better in Poker than me, but I would like to think I am better than you in everything besides Poker"-shit won't achieve anything...
Old Aug 26, 2005, 12:16pm   #28
nofuture
Brunson

nofuture

Allright then. I get flamed for saying I can play better than others, which is true. My question is: Why do you repeat on and on that you are better instead of just answering the question or just staying out of the thread if you're not interested?

I didn't start this. It started like this:

Quote:

Kc
I'm really getting bored of this. I don't care if someone is better than me or not. Everyone who is trying to master an art or whatever knows that it is a never ending process. And yes I started only weeks ago. So what?
Old Aug 26, 2005, 12:41pm   #29
NorthView
Professional

NorthView

Quote:
Allright then. I get flamed for saying I can play better than others, which is true. My question is: Why do you repeat on and on that you are better
Everyone (apart from 1 person) is a better player than others, so your statement was inevitably interpreted as bragging. There's no logic in complaining that others boast when you do the same yourself.

Why don't you start again in a more self-effacing way and try to phrase your posts in a more congenial manner?
NorthView est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2005, 2:23pm   #30
nofuture
Brunson

nofuture

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthView
Quote:
Allright then. I get flamed for saying I can play better than others, which is true. My question is: Why do you repeat on and on that you are better
Everyone (apart from 1 person) is a better player than others, so your statement was inevitably interpreted as bragging. There's no logic in complaining that others boast when you do the same yourself.

Why don't you start again in a more self-effacing way and try to phrase your posts in a more congenial manner?
It's others questioning me, not me questioning others.
I apologise if some posts come across akward. So hopefully we can come back to the topic.

As a player of varioius games it's the SD of the bankroll as a whole that puts him into trouble. If I subtract MTTs thats a figure better for comparison, but misses the point. So the question that arose was if we subtract the Ring games: how do compare and/or judge SDs of MTTs? First I think we should differentiate between sizes of MTTs: Huge, Big, Small. I'm playing only small ones, so naturally those are the ones I'm interested in most. With small MTTs you have sufficient pool to judge on. So we could agree on a minimum games, with which a SD becomes meaningful.

Another question arouses for a beginner: Should one play MTTs? Its the SD of the bankroll that will put him into trouble. That will be an interesting question to answer aswell.