THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Sep 07, 2005, 6:49pm   #1
eusr01
Fish

eusr01
Default $1000/day

Hi, Do you guys think it is possible to make a $1000/ aday playing poker?
From what I hear 90% of the money wagered in online poker, goes to only 10% of the people out there. And the online poker industry is a Multi Million dollar industry.

So any of you guys makin a Grand a day? If so ..first off, i give you props. and secondly WHAT IS YOUR STRATEGY ? LOL

Thanks
eusr01 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Sep 07, 2005, 6:56pm   #2
Dougikins
Brunson

Dougikins

I don't know why, but I find this post to be hilarious.

1.) It's in the limit hold 'em strategy forum, when it's more of a general question.

2.) $1000/day would be extremely difficult to be done. If you averaged out your yearly sum from poker and divided it by 365 days, MAYBE, MAYBE you could have $1000/day. But remember, $1000 per day for a whole year is $365,000. I'm sure there are professional ONLINE players who CAN do that, but not $1000/day. More like $10,000 on a win today, then another 2 weeks later.

3.) How do you expect to conquer poker ($1000/day) when you can't conquer spelling?

4.) It would take YEARS AND YEARS to have the talent to make $1000/day

5.) Start playing poker for fun and learning. Read some books, play some microlimits and cheap buy-in SnGs and MTTs. If you're going to be good, you'll start to feel something special after a year or so.
Dougikins est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 07, 2005, 10:09pm   #3
BadBeatBasti
BadBeatMod

BadBeatBasti is just really niceBadBeatBasti is just really niceBadBeatBasti is just really niceBadBeatBasti is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougikins
1.) It's in the limit hold 'em strategy forum, when it's more of a general question.
Moved it!
Old Sep 07, 2005, 11:37pm   #4
Ozone
The One Who Knocks

Ozone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Ozone

$1,000 a day is $365,000 a year. I'd estimate there are only maybe 5 guys in the world who make that much per year playing online poker. Five might even be a liberal estimate. I can only really think of one who I'm more than 98% sure does make that much.

"How do I become more pro? I gotta learn math?" - fuedallord
Ozone est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 08, 2005, 2:32am   #5
Elizabeth
Grinder

Elizabeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozone
I'd estimate there are only maybe 5 guys in the world who make that much per year playing online poker. Five might even be a liberal estimate.
I think this is too conservative.
Old Sep 08, 2005, 12:25pm   #6
ggnh
Disco

ggnh is a name known to allggnh is a name known to allggnh is a name known to allggnh is a name known to allggnh is a name known to allggnh is a name known to all

So what Elizabeth is saying is that maybe only 5 guys

but 200 women ;)
ggnh est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 08, 2005, 3:36pm   #7
Elizabeth
Grinder

Elizabeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggnh
So what Elizabeth is saying is that maybe only 5 guys

but 200 women ;)

No, I acknowledge that it's mostly still men. I just think that the true income potential is being underestimated.
Old Sep 08, 2005, 4:19pm   #8
ggnh
Disco

ggnh is a name known to allggnh is a name known to allggnh is a name known to allggnh is a name known to allggnh is a name known to allggnh is a name known to all

I obviously need sleep or something because I read...

mostly silly men... not mostly still men..

I bet my better half would be proud of how well she has me trainned...lol
ggnh est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 08, 2005, 4:28pm   #9
Ozone
The One Who Knocks

Ozone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Ozone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth
No, I acknowledge that it's mostly still men. I just think that the true income potential is being underestimated.
$365,000 is a boatload of money. All one-tournament-wonders aside (like the guy who will take 1st in the WCOOP ME in a few days), and I would have a hard time believing that two hands wouldn't be enough to count the number of guys consistantly making more than $365,000 a year playing online poker.

"How do I become more pro? I gotta learn math?" - fuedallord
Ozone est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 09, 2005, 3:13am   #10
Joes28
Grinder

Joes28 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Do you guys think it is possible to make a $1000/ aday playing poker?
Yes.

Quote:
2.) $1000/day would be extremely difficult to be done. If you averaged out your yearly sum from poker and divided it by 365 days, MAYBE, MAYBE you could have $1000/day. But remember, $1000 per day for a whole year is $365,000. I'm sure there are professional ONLINE players who CAN do that, but not $1000/day. More like $10,000 on a win today, then another 2 weeks later.
Everyone needs a day off every now and then.

I think for most people it would be more like +2k +3k, -2k, etc. 10k in a day is a lot, and would probably have to come from a tourney. Though, you could do it if you ran good at 2kNL, or maybe even 30/60(note: I totally forgot that party has 100/200 now because im on eurobet and they never added these).

Quote:
4.) It would take YEARS AND YEARS to have the talent to make $1000/day
Not true at all. If you read a couple of books/forums/practiced a bit ,and If you started with a bankroll necessary to 4 table (or more table) 30/60 or 2kNL plus, I dont think it would take very long at all to establish a win rate of 1k/day.

Quote:
I'd estimate there are only maybe 5 guys in the world who make that much per year playing online poker.
This might be true, I dont know, but I do know that there is a lot of people who can/do make more than 100k/year, and if they played hardcore, never taking a day off, they could make 365k+ a year (assuming that this wouldnt kill all the fish).
Joes28 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote