THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Sep 09, 2005, 4:19pm   #11
Subversive
Doyle Look-alike

Subversive

Quote:
Not true at all. If you read a couple of books/forums/practiced a bit ,and If you started with a bankroll necessary to 4 table (or more table) 30/60 or 2kNL plus, I dont think it would take very long at all to establish a win rate of 1k/day.
I disagree. I can't even play two tables yet without my win rate dropping off precipitously. Reading some books and practising 'a little bit' does not mean that you could successfully multi table 4 tables at a time. I think a couple years of consistent playing seems like a reasonable estimate (for a fast learner) to be able to multi table successfully.

Quote:
This might be true, I dont know, but I do know that there is a lot of people who can/do make more than 100k/year, and if they played hardcore, never taking a day off, they could make 365k+ a year (assuming that this wouldnt kill all the fish).
I don't think you could ever kill off all the fish. It's an awfully large ocean, and still growing.
Subversive est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Sep 09, 2005, 7:42pm   #12
Joes28
Grinder

Joes28 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I disagree. I can't even play two tables yet without my win rate dropping off precipitously. Reading some books and practising 'a little bit' does not mean that you could successfully multi table 4 tables at a time. I think a couple years of consistent playing seems like a reasonable estimate (for a fast learner) to be able to multi table successfully.
A couple of years?
Once a player gets a basic understanding of how to play most decisions are pretty much automatic, and if you are playing limit you really only have 3 choices, and sometimes 2 of the choices are close enough in value that it doesnt matter which one you pick (sometimes you should try to mix them up to randomize your play).

NL/PL is a little harder just because you have to type in(or click in) your bets, but it isnt really that hard.

Id say the biggest thing someone needs to play 4 tables is an understanding of Pokertracker stats to help in forming reads.
Joes28 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 09, 2005, 7:43pm   #13
Joes28
Grinder

Joes28 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
A couple of years?
Once a player gets a basic understanding of how to play most decisions are pretty much automatic, and if you are playing limit you really only have 3 choices, and sometimes 2 of the choices are close enough in value that it doesnt matter which one you pick (sometimes you should try to mix them up to randomize your play).

NL/PL is a little harder just because you have to type in(or click in) your bets, but it isnt really that hard.

Id say the biggest thing someone needs to play 4 tables is an understanding of Pokertracker stats to help in forming reads.

and maybe a big monitor.
Joes28 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 09, 2005, 11:26pm   #14
Subversive
Doyle Look-alike

Subversive

Okay, maybe not a couple of years, but I'm certainly not there yet. I still find that it always seems like I get playable cards on 2 different tables at the same time when I multi-table, and my overall play suffers from it. FYI, my first ever real money poker game was last new years eve, when I finished 2nd and was offically hooked. I'm just hoping to be able to call this a profitable hobby some day.
Old Sep 11, 2005, 10:36pm   #15
Notjitsu
Professional

Notjitsu will become famous soon enoughNotjitsu will become famous soon enough

He said a 1000 a day playing poker. I suspect he did not mean avg. a 1000 a day playing poker.

So if you play 5 days a week, that would be 5 grand a week...250k a year.

And certainly, I suspect there are many that kind of money online.

2 tables of 5/10 nl = 100 an hour...10 hours a day = 1000 dollars.

2 tables of 30/60 limit = 120 an hour...10 hours a day = 1200 dollars.

Both seem very attainable. I am sure a lot of people are out there doing just that.
Notjitsu est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2005, 5:55am   #16
Lindy
Doyle Look-alike

Lindy

You would have to be machine, and a very boring human being, to be able to play enough poker online at 30/60 limit to clear 250k a year.

I know people do it, but I play about 20-25hrs a week, (my normal job is slack ;p), and it can get to me sometimes.
Old Sep 12, 2005, 8:41pm   #17
Styles
Brunson

Styles

Thats also assuming you never have a losing day. People are probably able to make $1000 daily on average but I highly doubt someone has made $1000 everyday for extended periods of time.

Styles
Styles est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2005, 8:58pm   #18
ggnh
Disco

ggnh is a name known to allggnh is a name known to allggnh is a name known to allggnh is a name known to allggnh is a name known to allggnh is a name known to all

The limits I am playing at I am hard pressed to make 1000 pennies a day
ggnh est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2005, 9:07pm   #19
NorthView
Professional

NorthView

Well, you've found somewhere that might help you rectify that. Keep playing/posting/reading/thinking.
NorthView est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2005, 1:12am   #20
Subversive
Doyle Look-alike

Subversive

I had a $100 day on Saturday, playing at a single $.50/$1 table for about 5 hours. Too bad it's not always like that or I'd never have to go to work.