THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Feb 24, 2006, 10:25pm   #51
The_Ronin
Grinder

The_Ronin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozone
Bahhhh. Who brought this thread back!??!!

An incredibly small number of people in this world are truly capable of averaging $1000/day playing poker.

You guys assume that humans are like robots and can just 8 table $5/$10 all day and make $1k a day. News flash: Humans burn out. Humans get sick of poker. Humans go through funks. Humans go on vacations. Humans have family members die. Humans get sick. Humans lose their internet for a week. On and on and on and on.

$1000/day? Get outta here. Seriously.
Go Mushroom !

PZ Meyers:
No, I've been avoiding it. Although I adore Spongebob and consider him a sterling role model for all of our fine students at UMM, I have a dread of the Hasselhoff. I'm still traumatized from the Spongebob movie, which was fabulous until the moment the Hasselhoff showed up — and now I have a fear that if I attended the theme park, the Hoff might suddenly show up and offer me a ride. Or a Whopper.

The_Ronin est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Feb 24, 2006, 11:06pm   #52
Ozone
The One Who Knocks

Ozone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Ozone

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Ronin
Ozone won't be happy that i bring this thread back...
Before I even opened the thread to see what was posted, I was already muttering under my breath "this f'in thread again... damnit..."

"How do I become more pro? I gotta learn math?" - fuedallord
Ozone est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2006, 9:56pm   #53
Soft
River Rat

Soft is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozone View Post
Before I even opened the thread to see what was posted, I was already muttering under my breath "this f'in thread again... damnit..."
But youre still one of the most active in this thread... lol
Soft est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2006, 10:13pm   #54
Frogboy4L
spewing station

Frogboy4L
Send a message via AIM to Frogboy4L

Why, God, why?

>_>

But, um, about this bug. Is it possible to rebuy to over 100BB on Stars?

(the link works now)

frogboy4Lpoker.blogspot.com
Frogboy4L est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2006, 10:24pm   #55
Soft
River Rat

Soft is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogboy4L View Post
Why, God, why?

>_>

But, um, about this bug. Is it possible to rebuy to over 100BB on Stars?
Its so god damn funny post, so many fish's that blame that you just need a big bankroll to be a high stake player...
Soft est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2006, 10:26pm   #56
Eaglesfan
Grinder

Eaglesfan

[quote=Subversive;249923]I disagree. I can't even play two tables yet without my win rate dropping off precipitously. Reading some books and practising 'a little bit' does not mean that you could successfully multi table 4 tables at a time. I think a couple years of consistent playing seems like a reasonable estimate (for a fast learner) to be able to multi table successfully.

This doen't have to do with reading books. It has to do the way your brain works and how you are able to concentrate. However one can become a good one tabler if they do what Joes said and control emotions and play the same way consistintly. I can't play more than 2 tables without going crazy and losing money

Last edited by Eaglesfan; Dec 11, 2006 at 11:49pm.
Eaglesfan est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2006, 10:50pm   #57
Julezz86
Professional

Julezz86 is a splendid one to beholdJulezz86 is a splendid one to beholdJulezz86 is a splendid one to beholdJulezz86 is a splendid one to beholdJulezz86 is a splendid one to beholdJulezz86 is a splendid one to beholdJulezz86 is a splendid one to beholdJulezz86 is a splendid one to behold

Uhhh, someone called the gravedigger?
Julezz86 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2006, 9:03pm   #58
oojoe24oo
Doyle Look-alike

oojoe24oo
Send a message via AIM to oojoe24oo

I think less than .5% of the poker community can make 365,000 or more a year. Jamie Gold, and some of the top pros are probably the .5%. The only reason I throw jamie gold in its easy for him to avg that number considering he made 12 mil. Yes pros can make good money but I dont think alot of them make that much. You got to understand WSOP and WPT events cost alot to get into - 5-25k. I think people overestimate what high stakes players make simply because they see the big money being thrown around. Sure playing 1/200 NL can make a good amount, but at the same time it can loose alot. Thats alot of money to be made playing cards
oojoe24oo est déconnecté   Reply With Quote