German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Sep 23, 2005, 4:16pm   #1
Madman
Fish

Madman
Default Mucking & Blinds

I cant seem to find official rules on these:

Mucking:
At the show down, my understanding is that cars must be shown in order of "first to act." I am not clear on who MUST show their hands, who must show first, and who may or may not muck. Any calrification would be appreciated.

Blinds:
In a tourmament, if one of the players who was going to be one of the blinds (small or big) is knocked out, how are blinds posted at that point?

Any direction on where I can find info on these kinds of rule questions would also be appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help.
Madman est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Sep 23, 2005, 5:02pm   #2
Ozone
The One Who Knocks

Ozone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Ozone

With mucking, it is either the first to act or the aggressor. Example, on the river, I check, you bet, I call... you have to show first since you are the aggressor, even though I am "first to act" button-wise. If it simply checks down, I have to show since I am first to act.

With the blinds, it can get confusing. Just make sure that no one is having to post the big blind twice in a row, and also make sure that no one is skipping the big blind. Basically if a guy on the big blind of a hand gets knocked out, the very next hand will have NO small blind, only a big blind which moves one spot to the left.

"How do I become more pro? I gotta learn math?" - fuedallord
Ozone est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2005, 7:12am   #3
Madman
Fish

Madman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozone
If it simply checks down, I have to show since I am first to act.
Then the others to follow may muck? Is it permitted to show only 1 of the 2 hole cards? If so, is the card not shown dead or can it be turned (slow-rolled)? I know slow-rolling is not a respectible way to play--just curious about the rules.

Thanks a million for your help.
Madman est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2005, 7:51am   #4
Ozone
The One Who Knocks

Ozone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Ozone

No. And actually thats one of my biggest pet peeves of live poker - people only showing one card. When you have to show your hand, show both of your cards! Its very frusterating to have to sit there and wait to see the second card, or put yourself in an awkward situation by having to ask someone to see their other card.

Moral of the story: Show both cards!

"How do I become more pro? I gotta learn math?" - fuedallord
Ozone est déconnecté   Reply With Quote