THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Sep 25, 2005, 5:22am   #1
Jason1
Grinder

Jason1 is on a distinguished road
Default Heres a laydown

I recently have had a really bad streak at SNG's for a period of time... so i took a break from it to collect myself again. my fiance told me tonight to play on her ultimate bet account in a $1+.20.... just to mess around.

I agreed and logged on.

As you can imagine everyone is playing like pure idiots, i swear none of them had any reason for doing anything they did it was just like hamsters were clicking buttons for them. people calling down with jack high losing big pots and other times checking all the way to the showdown with the best hand winning only small pots. The only thing that sucks about this is you cant put anyone on anything and if you got a good hand they might outdraw you and youll never know it.

anyway, i'm dealt A8 spades on the button. flop comes J 6 10 all spades... i'm doing flips in my head. so i decide to slow play everyone, the one guy keeps hesitantly betting real hard and he even drives everyone at this table out. So its just me and him and i continue to take it easy. the turn comes 10 clubs.. i continue to slow play... river comes 6 of clubs ... he immediately goes all in. i shook my head as i clicked fold

i did eventually win the tournament though, i ended up beating them when they were on pure bluffs. that is another thing i noticed with alot of the lower tables. People watching entirely too much TV with mike sexton. "you dont need cards to win at NL holde'm" people dont take into consideration theres times to strike and times to fold... they think they can just bet on a pure bluff at any given time and it will work. ... wrong. my victory tonight proved that to a T once again.
Jason1 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Sep 25, 2005, 11:18am   #2
NorthView
Professional

NorthView

You're engaged to a bloke? Doubly weird.
NorthView est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2005, 6:14pm   #3
Jason1
Grinder

Default Re: Heres a laydown

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthView
You're engaged to a bloke? Doubly weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason1
my fiance told me tonight to play on her ultimate bet account

i see we're smoking reefer again
Old Sep 25, 2005, 6:32pm   #4
NorthView
Professional

NorthView

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason1
my fiance
Ok, so he prefers to be referred to as a she. Tranny.
Old Sep 25, 2005, 9:00pm   #5
Jason1
Grinder

I can see quite obviously the word fiance' has a different meaning in England than it does in America

Here it simply defined as "the one of which I intend to marry"

its a co-gender word
Old Sep 25, 2005, 9:04pm   #6
NorthView
Professional

NorthView

Not for the first time you're talking out of your arse. Fiance is male, fiancee is female. The words are French. You may have heard of France, it's a country in Europe. And no, they don't have the Eurodollar.
Old Sep 25, 2005, 9:54pm   #7
xenthebrain
I am so smart. S-M-R-T

xenthebrain is a glorious beacon of lightxenthebrain is a glorious beacon of lightxenthebrain is a glorious beacon of lightxenthebrain is a glorious beacon of lightxenthebrain is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthView
The words are French. You may have heard of France, it's a country in Europe. And no, they don't have the Eurodollar.
Man, that was a good laugh
xenthebrain est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2005, 10:09pm   #8
Jason1
Grinder

AS I SAID

its not how its used here. there is no feminine and masculine difference here... its one word for both sexes.

how many times do i have to tell you that. i dont care how you use it over there ITS NOT HOW IT IS HERE.

you guys spell favourite, we spell favorite, both are correct depending on which continent your on.

i know you guys wanna start fights because your buddy KC isnt here and the board has been great since so i'm not giving you your fuel to start your fire, i said my piece you want to keep egging someone on go elsewhere
Old Sep 25, 2005, 10:38pm   #9
NorthView
Professional

NorthView

No, I don't want to start a fight, although I have to say your opinion that "the boards have been great here" since we "gained" you and lost Kc puts you in a very small minority, possibly of one.
Old Sep 26, 2005, 1:42am   #10
Elizabeth
Grinder

Elizabeth

Let's see....who's more valuable?

A poker novice who likes to gamble and obviously plays only for fun. Who also likes to argue, but when he's outmatched, whines and complains and then gloats that he's succeeded in getting others to change to suit his specific needs.

or

A poker professional who takes the game seriously, plays professionally and replies (for free) to posts to help other players improve their game.

Tough one.