THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > General Discussion > Poker Stories

Old Nov 07, 2005, 4:47am   #1
XA_kid
The Doyle

XA_kid is on a distinguished road
Default Greatest SNG Comeback ever.

To sum this up, I made a bad read on a player, was down to 20 chips in the BB with the blinds at 80/160. Long story short, I placed 2nd and almost grabbed first (I was chip leader, and after my amazing comeback, I couldn't win a race to the river to save my life).

This was at FTP, a 20+2 SNG. Most amazing comeback I've ever seen. Of course, the story would've been better if I won, but variance kicked in. I can't believe I had 1/8th the BB with 5 people left and made it to 2nd with a good shot at first.

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Nov 08, 2005, 10:35pm   #2
steve444
Brunson

steve444

Congratulations, just goes to show, you are never out if you still have a stack - however small. Well done
steve444 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 08, 2005, 11:28pm   #3
SevenToo
Grinder

SevenToo

*speechless*

HACK !! Wallhack or Aimbot !!, ahm.. Wrong Game i guess.

Very Nice XA_Kid
Old Nov 09, 2005, 10:47pm   #4
scottqrt
Brunson

scottqrt
Send a message via MSN to scottqrt

my best was from 70 to win a Sit-n-Go, well done.
Old Nov 09, 2005, 11:23pm   #5
shads
public enemy

shads will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to shads Send a message via Skype™ to shads

well played
shads est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2005, 12:33am   #6
XA_kid
The Doyle

XA_kid is on a distinguished road

I think Scott one-ups me because he actually won his, instead of almost winning it.
Old Nov 13, 2005, 10:56pm   #7
ImAllInNow
Grinder

ImAllInNow

I posted quite a long time ago about a tournament where I was disconnected with 5 people left (top 4 paid) and ended up finishing 4th because the next shortest stack went all in with A8 on a T97 board and was busted by QT. I was BLINDED OUT the very next hand and made money.

I don't know if you could call it a great comeback, but it was quite a gift the next morning.
ImAllInNow est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2005, 12:05am   #8
Jason1
Grinder

Jason1 is on a distinguished road

XA Kid, I'm still in amazment on your one post about using implied odds to catch hands when you know people have over cards. its one of those things that makes sense but people wont do it because its just ass backwards.

Ive been using this method alot lately and i bet people curse me up and down for it when i have 6 8 suited and I have chips to spare and the short stack catches over cards and moves all in and then i bust them when I hit my 6. I busted AK 3 times yesterday with pocket 2's and 3's , a couple more times today. 3 4 suited, 3 5 suited and a couple other ragged hands that beat KK AA and QQ
Jason1 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2005, 12:50am   #9
the_fox31
Resident Fox

the_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud of

No! Bad! Don't mis-apply good advice as an excuse to call with bad odds. I'm willing to bet my bankroll that that isn't what he was talking about.

If you're all in, pot odds are the same as implied odds. Think about it.

Also, as a general principal, you shouldn't try to go for long shots just because you have "chips to spare", baring extreme tournament situations. Name some situations where you should make -EV calls and I'll forgive you. If you understand what you're doing, then I'm all for it.

Also, you're a favourite with 22 against AK, but it is still probably a bad call unless you can see his cards.
Old Nov 14, 2005, 2:00am   #10
Jason1
Grinder

Jason1 is on a distinguished road

well this might sound stupid but I dont use exact math on every situation I just feel it out. For instance the whole 22 vs AK thing. I was in the BB and the blinds were high, I had a monster pile of chips. I had the average stack outstacked 5:1 and the short stacks didn't have much more than a few BB's ( MTT ) and this guy went all in and everyone just folded. I'm going to say he had approx 5-6 BB's. Person was playing super tight then just all of the sudden all in's.

I was sitting there thinking, well its just me and him... got him outstacked a million to one here. I do have a pair and I dont think he does... and its only several BB's............ CALL......WON

The one with 3 4 suited. it was a battle of the blinds and the other person was extremely short stacked again. I saw a flop and there were two spades on it, the short stacked immediately shuved all in. I thought for a second and called... they had top pair, week kicker. Turn card was a spade and I won.

Those situations I wouldn't of been mad if I lost because I knew I was gambling big time but felt just in doing so. For instance, I was playing a hand earlier today. I was in middle position and just decided I was feeling wild and I had A4 suited so I raised 2X the BB. Well I had three calls... 4 of us to the flop. Flop showed two hearts. I bet the pot and evryone hesitated on calling. Turn comes blank for me so I pushed hard again, all folded but one, but hesitated on calling. Im like well its either a slow play or a flush draw. So the river comes blank for me but the board paird 7s... I was so stupid that I shuved 2/3rds of my money on this hand on a draw and didnt catch it and I didn't want to be short stacked, plus this person did hesitate alot..... I pushed all in hoping he was week, he hesitated for about 2 seconds and called. Full house 6's full of 7's . I just laughed at myself and just kept repeating boy did I let that one get way out of hand... but hey, if he didn't have that hand and folded then It would be a great play, if he was incredibly stupid and thought I had 4 7's or something and folded (which I've seen people do) so... I didn't get worked up about it. I bluffed, got called... busted. I had fun
Jason1 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote