German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Nov 10, 2005, 6:53pm   #11
NorthView
Professional

NorthView

Useful information; obviously not.
NorthView est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Nov 10, 2005, 6:58pm   #12
sleipner1958
Doyle Look-alike

sleipner1958
Default Challence

Allright,let's make a new poll about the subject.
Old Nov 11, 2005, 5:52am   #13
sleipner1958
Doyle Look-alike

sleipner1958
Default So

My suggestion lost 6-0 (poll).
Just like to play with numbers. Every now and then this kind
of average number strikes me. Not today.
Old Nov 11, 2005, 5:02pm   #14
XA_kid
The Doyle

XA_kid is on a distinguished road

I am so incredibly confused. Is this all in Haiku or something?

I browsed through the e-book, nothing terribly interesting, but that may be because I've read through this site and many books. As a starting point, I would recommend it. The only really good section that I haven't found in other books is "Who Pays Off" It is a good concept that many books and players gloss over.

I would recommend the book as a starting place for players, but it really is Fundamentals.

Can we suggest specific revisions? More to increase the clarity of some paragraphs. Not to say that there are changes needed, but I haven't looked at the document with a real editor's eye.
Old Nov 11, 2005, 6:51pm   #15
the_fox31
Resident Fox

the_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by XA_kid
I would recommend the book as a starting place for players, but it really is Fundamentals.
Agreed.

I finished it last night, and some comments:

- The first part was an excellent summary of the strategy articles on this site, up to the advanced section on this site.

- The second section on ways to play certain hands was definately very helpful, but might be guilty of presenting a cookie cutter aproach that many new players will latch on to. This might mot be a bad thing at first, as the advice (from what I can tell) is 100% solid.

- Also in the second section are betting tactics, and this was my favourite part. I liked it because it went into reasons why you might make certain plays, and was much less narrow minded than most advice I've read on the internet.

- I've never read a poker book before , and so have nothing to compare this too, but it helped me a bit and I would recomend this as a great way for beginning players to step up their game.

Thanks again to our fearless site admin.
Old Nov 12, 2005, 6:52pm   #16
Snaggle
Professional

Snaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to behold
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

curses evil was not rewarded! how long to I have to wait to get it through other channels-I really do want ti read it-especially after Ozone's review
Snaggle est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2005, 4:54am   #17
the_fox31
Resident Fox

the_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud of

Where is this review?
Old Nov 14, 2005, 6:50pm   #18
Snaggle
Professional

Snaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to behold
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Where is this review?
Buried in one of these threads somewhere.He called it the "best NL book written".I'm too to hunt it down for you.

Two Gun or Mercy send that book please.
Snaggle est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2005, 10:29pm   #19
steve444
Brunson

steve444

100!
steve444 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2006, 10:25am   #20
ThePhilosofer
Brunson

ThePhilosofer
Send a message via AIM to ThePhilosofer

TowGun, I just joined last november and have been pretty active since. Is there any way I could get the E-book now, if I promise to make another 20 posts on here at some point ? I don't want to make a bunch of pointless posts to get to 100, (in fact I won't make a bunch of pointless posts to get to 100). However I would really like to read the E-book, the tactics section that fox was talking about sounds very interesting.