THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > Strategy > Beginners' Corner

Old Nov 13, 2005, 10:42pm   #21
expopcorn
Professional

expopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant future

never mind fox.

With your previous posts, I assumed either your response was part of the act or you were more subtle than I could understand in your response.
expopcorn est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Nov 13, 2005, 10:44pm   #22
steve444
Brunson

steve444

Quote:
Originally Posted by expopcorn
Can you lose with 93 - I thought it was practically impossible.
The only situation I can think of is if your opponent is also lucky enough to be dealt 93, and the pot is split.
steve444 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2005, 10:46pm   #23
Hustlr
║▌║█║▌║▌││║▌║

Hustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via ICQ to Hustlr Send a message via AIM to Hustlr

Exactly Steve. 93 is basically unbeatable. I mean look at the HH. I crushed AA. There you go, 93 is the nuts!

Plus, no one has heard my analysis of numerical cards that are multiples of eachother. Its an extra mathematical edge, obviously.
Hustlr est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2005, 10:48pm   #24
expopcorn
Professional

expopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant future

Didn't stop you playing AA to steal the blinds
Old Nov 13, 2005, 10:50pm   #25
Hustlr
║▌║█║▌║▌││║▌║

Hustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Didn't stop you playing AA to steal the blinds
Yeah, AA is a great blind stealing hand. I definitely dont want action on it, and if I do get a call or raise from the blinds, its easy to let go without getting into trouble.

If it were 93 though, or another hand divisable by itself, I probably would have slowplayed.
Old Nov 13, 2005, 10:50pm   #26
expopcorn
Professional

Quote:
Plus, no one has heard my analysis of numerical cards that are multiples of eachother. Its an extra mathematical edge, obviously.
Does that mean 62 is nearly as good as 93?
Old Nov 13, 2005, 10:52pm   #27
steve444
Brunson

steve444

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustlr
Exactly Steve. 93 is basically unbeatable. I mean look at the HH. I crushed AA. There you go, 93 is the nuts!

You should bring out a book on this before someone else beats you to it.
Old Nov 13, 2005, 10:53pm   #28
expopcorn
Professional

Hustlr

I realise that this is a tough task, but could you write a guide to holdem to try and match Lord Mushroom.
Old Nov 13, 2005, 10:54pm   #29
steve444
Brunson

steve444

Quote:
93 is uncomparable to any hand
Old Nov 13, 2005, 10:55pm   #30
Hustlr
║▌║█║▌║▌││║▌║

Quote:
Yeah, almost. 62 and 93 are referred to as 3rd order multipliers. They mathematically dominate hands such as 42, 63, 48, and 5T, which are 2nd order. In Sklansky's original version of Theory of Poker he talks about using your multiplier edge in multiway pots.