THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Nov 13, 2005, 6:43pm   #1
Jason1
Grinder

Jason1 is on a distinguished road
Default a good story

I'm goign to follow the other persons example and post a good story instead of a bitch about a bad beat.

Played in one of those 45 person MTTs/SNGs (whatever you call them) at Poker Stars and won... by a total landslid. I was in the chip lead from the first hand and never looked back ( tripled up with AK ). By the final table I had like 40 + grand and everyone else had about 5- 7 grand.

Doesnt mean it was all sugar plums... this one guy doubled up off me on suckouts 4 times... and this one other guy got a huge double up off me with a suckout. But I kept my cool and didn't get rattled.
Jason1 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Nov 13, 2005, 6:50pm   #2
steve444
Brunson

steve444

well done
steve444 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2005, 8:43pm   #3
BIFFEN
Brunson

BIFFEN

what can I learn from your story?
BIFFEN est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2005, 9:10pm   #4
cetacean
Grinder

cetacean has a spectacular aura aboutcetacean has a spectacular aura aboutcetacean has a spectacular aura about

That social support and sharing each other's triumphs will help you get through the inevitable downswings that every player has.
cetacean est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2005, 9:27pm   #5
Jason1
Grinder

Jason1 is on a distinguished road

exactly, plus other benefits as well.

and actually, my own story is the only thing thats keeping me from smashing my computer screen now. I just played in three tournaments and busted out of all on them with my opponents rivering out on me. For instance... I flopped the nuts and this guy had an inside straight draw... actually had the gull to keep reraising me in a match and finally im like "this guy will def call my all in after this pot committment"... i went all and and he called. I was like YES and was laughing my ass off from his extreme stupidity from watching too much WPT on television until he hit a 2 outer. Being that he did that instead of being out like he should of been he was still in the game and therefore having the chance to win now... and he ended coming back to beat me with his ridiculous play catching cards from the sky. or the other tourny where my nut straight was cracked by a flush on the river with the guy calling my all in on nothing but a draw, and it wasnt even the nut flush.

its just all a balance, ya cant win'm all and you cant lose'm all. just try to be good enough that your wins slightly outweigh your losses.

All that plus people like to be pat on the back for a job well done and to know they aren't alone when they have downswings. that sometimes they didnt do anything wrong its just in the cards to lose and that you have to stick with it. but you have to learn to distinguish between that and idiot play. for instance. I had AQ suited and it was a battle of the blinds. I raise BB calls. Flop comes J 8 J , i check he goes all in. Now........ I have him outstacked 5:1 , I just made a raise and he called and his All in is only the size of the pot and I dont think he would of done that if he had a J, he either has the 8 or a pocket pair smaller than J's thus giving me good pot odds. So I of course called and he turned over 9's , i caught an A on the turn and won the hand and he starts flipping out saying its bullshit and I'm an idiot etc etc etc.... riiiiiiiiiiiiight.

if we were equal stacked i never would of made such a call but when i am the chip leader and i put that much money in and i dont beleive he has the nuts why wouldnt i call ?... I'm 1:3 to win and if I do I knock someone out and take their chips. And even if i lose I'm still the chip leader.
Jason1 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2005, 11:07pm   #6
Ozone
The One Who Knocks

Ozone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Ozone

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIFFEN
what can I learn from your story?
The purpose of the Poker Stories forum is for people to be able to create threads that have little to no educational value and not have to fear persecution for creating a thread that provides no content to the forums.

"How do I become more pro? I gotta learn math?" - fuedallord
Ozone est déconnecté   Reply With Quote