THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Nov 13, 2005, 5:21am   #1
Blogduc
River Rat

Blogduc
Send a message via AIM to Blogduc
Default chip leader at a home game

if you're chip leader in a home game, w/ like 8 or 9 people, is it a good strategy to go all in preflop to really flex your muscle to get people to fear you w/ Aces or Kings or Ace/King ever?

i mean, i know it can make people think you're bluffing a lot. i was playing w/ buddies, down to 3, i have at least 5 times what they have, and i just move in preflop w/ some high pairs and stuff.

then, when it's down to heads up, flop coms 10 J k and i'm holding q/k and i say all in, they call w/ low pair assuming i'm bluffing.

i know it worked there but do you guys ever just flex the muscle for the sake of throwing off people? or is it too god damn risky assuming they'll only call all in preflop w/ q's or up?
Blogduc est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Nov 14, 2005, 4:17pm   #2
aces00suited
Flop Artist

aces00suited
Send a message via MSN to aces00suited Send a message via Yahoo to aces00suited

I swear I will keep this one short and sweet, chip leader with ace or kings outta the hole should find some way to get somelse money all in the pot before the flop.................you can slow down a lil with aa kk but not too much or someone will draw out on you............But Yes be a bully with large hands make them feel your wrath. but then again in a home game I play pocket duces stronger then aces

(AsAhJs10h)
$$aasuited**

(Every Table I sit at I get this outta someone)
aces00suited est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2005, 5:50pm   #3
Notjitsu
Professional

Notjitsu will become famous soon enoughNotjitsu will become famous soon enough

If you have large hands and are betting a lot, thats not being a bully, thats betting the best hand.

Going allin with VERY good hands just means that if you go allin, you have a very good hand. There is no reason to think you are bluffing. If you go allin whenever you have a big pair, and then go allin again...I have to put you on a big pair. All evidence points to it. If your opponents think you are bluffing, its not based on any rational thought.

Bullying is something like putting a guy on AT, then going allin with 55 or vice versa. Hands where he would probably call if he were the chip leader, but has to fold to avoid a situation where his tourney life ends.

Pushing in marginal situations vs. small stacks = bullying.
Notjitsu est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2005, 2:59am   #4
Blogduc
River Rat

Blogduc
Send a message via AIM to Blogduc

rock n roll
Blogduc est déconnecté   Reply With Quote