THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > Strategy > No-Limit Hold'em Ring Games

Old Nov 24, 2005, 8:52pm   #11
NorthView
Professional

NorthView

You're universally regarded as a completely useless fuckwit but you're too stupid to realise it, you sad cunt.

Take a look at the top of the page and tell me where it says Beginner's Corner.
NorthView est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Nov 24, 2005, 9:17pm   #12
Corey020
Flop Artist

Corey020

Actually Jason1, I appreciate his blunt honesty when it comes to my play. I don't believe that everything in life needs to be suger coated.

If it sounds like a duck, and it looks like a duck, you might as well call it a duck.

Northview:

Is there a positive point in any part of my play in these hands, or should I take them completely as a "What not to do" lesson?
Corey020 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2005, 9:39pm   #13
NorthView
Professional

NorthView

Thanks Corey - by posting hands here you're already ahead of most of the 2NL players, who will doubtless carry on calling draws to the river with poor odds to their dying day. I hope your future PTips experience isn't marred again by mindless interruptions - some people will go to almost any lengths to get attention!

I didn't set out to be offensive, but I felt you were glossing over maybe the most important mistake you were making, which was not paying attention to other players' actions.

If you haven't already done so, check out the NL strategy articles here, and give them some thought as you're playing. Also, IMO every player who wants to improve should have a copy of Theory Of Poker by Sklansky.

Put some more hands back here when you're ready.
Old Nov 24, 2005, 11:35pm   #14
Corey020
Flop Artist

Corey020

In the end, both hands worked out for me.

* Hand #1

NE14GOLF shows: Ace of Clubs, 4 of Clubs
Corey020 wins $30.40 from the main pot

I don't know if it matters, but had I not sucked out on him on the river I would have let this hand go. The $2 I put in on the turn was the last of my money to go in without having a much better hand. I do realise that I got very lucky on this one.

* Hand #2

dcc1220 shows: King of Spades, Ace of Hearts
Corey020 wins $21.42 from the main pot

I guess I will get burned a lot on this river call, but I did listen to my gut which told me that he was bluffing. I guessed right, but I know that the results don't mean I made the right decision (as was pointed out to me).
Old Nov 25, 2005, 7:14am   #15
Jason1
Grinder

Jason1 is on a distinguished road

see now whats happening is......you had total disghust and hate for this gentlemen and had no problems showing it and for some reason he actually enjoyed it and though you were being genuine in helping.

now since i said something you didnt like and he stuck up for you now your acting like his best friend and that your actually trying to be genuine.

i said that because just in case you arent aware of what your doing I am......i guess a social science degree isnt totally worthless

as for your kind words to me they mean about as much to me as you do...nothing. so you may as well save them.

now why do you hop over to Edinburgh or however you spell it and grab your boyfriend KC and take turns insulting eachother why your jerking the other off since you guys enjoy it so much
Jason1 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2005, 7:52am   #16
NorthView
Professional

NorthView

Let's just recap here Jason, shall we?

Having got Kc banned for a while you're still showing signs of an unhealthy obsession with a twist of megalomania. Since what you'd undoubtedly see as your success, you've since called for threads that you haven't liked to be deleted, and for other posters to be banned. You resist all attempts to engage you in rational thought, and appear to be interested only in pursuing your personal (and barely-hidden) agenda.

If, as seems likely, your behavioural problems stem from childhood sexual abuse or bullying I have some sympathy for you; but rather than walking into an open house and shitting all over the floor you'd be better advised to seek professional help.

Your posts are of little or no interest to anybody else, which is why (to spell it out to you in terms even you may be able to understand) most of the long term posters here don't respond to you any more. As the best way of combating an annoying attention-seeker is to ignore them, theirs is a good policy, and one which I will subscribe to from now on.
Old Nov 25, 2005, 10:14am   #17
Corey020
Flop Artist

Corey020

Jason1:

First off, I don't actually see where Northview insulted me in his 2nd post in this thread. If you can point it out to me I would appreciate it. I simply read it as a very blunt:

---- You made two major mistakes. This is what they were.

---- Get your head out of your arse. You played these hands horribly.

Nothing insulting there.

Secondly, I'm a big boy now. I haven't needed anyone to look out for me since my big brother left highschool (I have since finished my Masters and have worked for a few years). I would be gratefull (so we don't get confused about enjoyment here) if you would not hijack threads of mine in the future when I am looking for advice. I've been reading these threads for a few months now, and I know what the responses can be like.
Old Nov 25, 2005, 11:08am   #18
expopcorn
Professional

expopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant future

Jason

Perhaps you could summarise your contribution to this thread. I seem to have missed your point when discussing these hands.

Cheers
expopcorn est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2005, 5:28pm   #19
Jason1
Grinder

Jason1 is on a distinguished road

northview

you are a 100% freaking nuts...it took you all day to come up with that didnt it ? i saw you were on last night and read t his and posted to other sthen came back and posted here. had to fabricate a good story? i participated in none of what you state.

AND FOR THE RECORD. KC got himself banned, thast no opinion its fact. the thread still exists im sure, it was real real real simple. he kept running his mouth and Two gun stepped in and said something and said if so keep doing it your done...and like most five year olds he HAD to have the last word...instant bann. i had NOTHING to do with that. if you and your buddies want to blame me for that your freaking nuts. two gun even said later on in another thread he got himself banned, the guy just couldnt keep his mouth shut. but he did now though didnt he ? barely see anything from the guy.

Corey, hey i tried sticking up for you and helping but if you want your abuse i guess you entitled to it. see.. him and his buddies (it use to be alot worse) cruise this board and act like its a sin to be new and ask questions. it use to be before they were so bad people would make one post and be gone. no new people joined. now since the smack has been laid down a bit the board has improved greatly. there are alot of new posts and questions. we even have the beginners section now. but hes more like a festering cold that wont go away. he keeps making his insults. Alot of people here still support this obviously for some reason. whats funny is i bet posting on the internet makes these grow to be about 10 feet tall.... in person they are probably all bunch of shy meek wimps.

Ozone and hustlr kinda took it upon themselves to be normal to people and actually be polite and helpful and it improved the board ten fold. its so much more pleasant.

the general thought of things is if you dont like something dont read it... but theres nothing on this board i can read without his garbage insults everywhere.... do we have an ignore function on this board ?? if so i will gladly use it .

these guys will never understand they have attitude problems. i never was a fan of schoolyard bully attitudes.

now wait another day to think up a long reply that again has nothing to do with me northview,..keep going you just make yourself sound more and more stupid
Jason1 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2005, 7:20pm   #20
Elizabeth
Grinder

Elizabeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason1
one thing i learned in life is that theres never an excuse for being an asshole.
You haven't learned it. There are all different kinds of ways to behave badly.

Quote:
AND FOR THE RECORD. KC got himself banned, thast no opinion its fact. the thread still exists im sure, it was real real real simple. he kept running his mouth and Two gun stepped in and said something and said if so keep doing it your done...and like most five year olds he HAD to have the last word...instant bann. i had NOTHING to do with that.
You had plenty to do with it.

I figure you've cost the members here thousands of dollars by now. It's a big comfort that you continue to punish yourself more with your own childish behavior.

Quote:
if you and your buddies want to blame me for that your freaking nuts. two gun even said later on in another thread he got himself banned, the guy just couldnt keep his mouth shut. but he did now though didnt he ? barely see anything from the guy.
You don't see him because the ban is still in effect. Although, I don't know why he would want to bother to post.

I admit he could frame his responses in a friendlier way, but who says we have the right to demand friendliness of people here? We're all adults (presumably). If profanity warranted a ban, half of the board wouldn't be able to log in.

Quote:
Corey, hey i tried sticking up for you and helping but if you want your abuse i guess you entitled to it.
How odd, someone who actual prefers quality advice over being coddled.

Quote:
the general thought of things is if you dont like something dont read it... .
That hasn't been your general thought. You have whined and complained and asked everyone to change to suit your needs.

Quote:
do we have an ignore function on this board ?? if so i will gladly use it .
If we ever do get one you are going to be very lonely. You better hush now, while you still have things your way.

Elizabeth